UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

This sucks

SErge

Okay, so just yesterday I received the dark avengers box set 1, I was so excited to receive it. When I check my email to find this:

"Thank you for your order from Toyrocket.com. We understand that you have requested a refund for the order you placed on 6-Jun-2009. Unfortunately, as of July 26th, 2009, as a result of our filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection we are currently prohibited from processing direct refunds for any orders placed before the filing date. However we are currently in the process of getting authority from the Bankruptcy Court which will allow us to process your request.

Please rest assured that Toy Rocket is still in business and continues to receive, process and ship all orders as usual. If you choose NOT to cancel your order, the order will be filled and processed when the product comes in.

We understand how confusing this can be and appreciate your patience as we work through these issues. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future. Please feel free to email or call us with any questions.

Thank you again for your order from Toyrocket.com."

i been emailing for weeks now, that I said screw it, I'll cancel and order somewhere else, but instead I get this, so now I can't get my money back, so that i can order somewhere else or buy it off some members here on the board. The two sets I wanted more that anything, and I can't get them. I don't know whether to let stay canceled or keep the order active. Who knows by the time the items arrive,which I doubt, they still won't be able to issue refunds. Another thing, I don't think they'll get the items in, they took the dark avengers set 2 off of their website, so I doubt they get them in. I mean c'mon how much more longer before they can issue refunds! argh! I'm so upset. The more I see my imcomplete team the more, I keep thinking, "man I can't believe I have to wait for an unknown date". I've ordered from them before, I got my wave 25, I was satisfied, so I said" hey why not give them another go", I just didn't realize this headache was gonna happen. So at the moment all I can do is just wait, hopefully soon, they might respond.

Dang, I hope you can get your money back. I was dealing with a company late last the year that filed for bankruptcy. I foolishly paid $250 up front, and never got a cent of it back. If nothing else, it taught me to be a lot more careful with who I send my money to, and how I deal with my pre-orders.

That sucks. It is sad to see a toy company filing like that but more concerning is the frustration of putting your order in and not being able to get your money back! I hope they get those sets in for you and are able to complete your order.

You ordered these on-line which is how I buy ALL my toys ,so in my experience......

If you pre-ordered this stuff with Paypal then you are on your own! Some people might disagree but Paypal is a toothless behemoth when it comes to getting to getting your money back or you have any problems at all with any transaction. Mastercard are a different kettle o'fish they will help & have helped me in the past but they again have specific time-limits......& therein lies the rub........

Pre-orders are a necessary-evil in the toy-collecting world & we all plunge head-long into placing our orders months beforehand when most credit-card companies allow 30-60 days for a complaint to be made .....although I do NOT imply that this is contrived by the merchants... it IS a fraudster's dream.

The only certain way of protecting yourself is to not buy pre-orders but as we all know to our cost (wave 25) that can be a sure way of not getting your stuff. On the other hand even if you have pre-ordered stuff (Cornerstorecomics ) then it is no guarantee you'll get your stuff either! CSC's behaviour is outrageous & although I still buy from them .....no way would I pre-order. For the record I won some SDCC GB 2 packs on ebay from Toyrocket which were a pre-order BIN. They were promised as "24 despatch when we get back from SDCC" & on the Wednesday after SDCC I demanded my tracking number from them .....no reply.....2 days later I contacted Paypal..."too late with the dispute" was the reply. I sent Toyrocket an email 7 days after the end of SDCC which was short & to the point & contained words that I would not use in polite circles just to vent my wrath . I assumed that although I wouldn't get my money back I might as well tell them my views on their parental status........I got my refund from them within 24 hours. I do not advocate using my method & being abusive to any reasonable person or institution but I can tell you this ............

When you've been stitched up by anyone ....& I mean ANYONE.....don't let them believe they can hide behind their supposed 'thick skins' & 'legal insolvency'.......let them know what smurfs they are. It makes you feel a lot better although it may not get your money back.

Serge, the whole scenario sucks & I hope that my over-long reply is of help.

Serge: That sucks and I am sorry. Karamazov gave me the heads up some weeks ago about Toyrocket. My credit card company was really helpful and immediately refunded me. If you did not pay by credit card, Toy Rocket has someone answering the phones now. I know this because weeks after cancelling (with them first and then with the credit card company) and sending numerous e-mails (and trying to call them to no avail) they send me an e-mail that they are shipping my product. I call them and get a live person and he tells me to just refuse the package which I did. I explained my problems with his company and he said they had computer problems and had not rec'd any of my e-mails and he did not know that the order had been cancelled and refunded. So my great USPS mailman sends the package back to sender. Then I get an e-mail from Toyrocket saying why did you send the package back. I e-mail to no response. I call again and get a live person who is processing "all the refunds"; I explain and he says OK sorry. So I would try calling them Monday; they seemed like they were trying but their company is a mess. Also, I know they are trying to fill orders. Good luck with getting your set or getting a refund.

Thanks for the advice guys and the comfort, I really hope I can get a refund or the sets, I'll call them on tuesday to get more details, I have a little extra cash, I'm planning to order at least the other da set.

Scifi genre has a pretty good price, and one I can afford.

Has anyone ordered there? I wanna make sure who I'm ordering from this time.

Once again guys thanks! :)

I have ordered from Sci Fi Genre numerous times. Good prices, good customer service, reasonable shipping. . .only issue is they list stuff as "in stock" that isn't from time to time. As far as I know, they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet, but who knows?

I have ordered from Sci Fi Genre numerous times. Good prices, good customer service, reasonable shipping. . .only issue is they list stuff as "in stock" that isn't from time to time. As far as I know, they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet, but who knows?

I have ordered from them a few times as well, as they are semi-local (about an 45 mins commute) and can just go get the item and save on shipping. The "in stock" confusion seems to be that there is mostly one guy "in the back" who knows what's where, but for some reason, he's not the one who updates the website. Odd. But there it is. Nice folks though.

Well, I put 250 John Connor 1-packs in my cart there once, and it was going to let me check out. So, I don't know what their process is for keeping the "in-stock" items correctly up-to-date, but if I were running an online retailer, I might not let people check out with an "infinite" number of items that they might or might not have in stock, waiting for some guy working in their warehouse to update the site when he notices something is out, but. . .I don't actually run an online site, so what do I know? Maybe that is the most efficient way to do things?

My "odd" experience was I ordered some older DC mates for my son's birthday. They sent me an email saying the Cyborg / Raven was back ordered, not in stock as the website said. When I showed up to pick up the remaining order, I asked if I could just get a different, same priced pack instead rather than hope they could get a hold of such a long out of "print" item. Well the nice counter help hollered my question back in their "warehouse" and after a minute or so of more yelling, she came out front with the Cyborg / Raven pack, which had apparently just been misplaced. That's when I got the "guy in the back" explanation. The whole thing proved more amusing than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Uodate:

well, I ordered the dark avengers off scifigenre, and cancel it from toyrocket. They couldn't refund my money,They gave store credit instead, but that's okay since their was other stuff I wanted from them. but now they just got the

thunderbolts in stock, so they are about to ship em out soon!

what bothers me is that they have listed the infinity gauntlet set and both series 29 and 30, thought I called and they said that yup they do have infinity, but maybe not series 29 and 30. Its kinda strange since all of them say back in stock, yet they haven't even been officially released...sounds kinda sketchy.

check for yourself http://www.toyrocket.com/Minimates-Marvel-...t-P52922C0.aspx

just be warned they don't issue refunds, just store credit