UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

iPhone Games

neolego

Well, I've officially made my iPhone my primary portable system. I've owned every Nintendo Handheld made since the GameBoy. Last week, after not turning my DSi on for almost 2 months I decided it's time to get rid of it. I bought the DSi with the vision of a Portable Virtual Console. To my un-suprise, Nintendo has done nothing for the long time fans and releases super crappy d/l games weekly. So, until they change their focus, I'm changing mine.

Which brings us to the topic at hand. The iPhone! I know we have a few iPhone users around here. I have to say I wasn't sure about what the iPhone could do in games originally, but it has proven to be a worthy gaming platform. Plus, you can get the same quality of most PSP games for $2-$10 and you can't beat that. So, I thought we could all discuss what you like or dislike on the App Store. Since there is so much out there, it's easy to miss a real gem!

As for me, I have purchased several games, not counting the "lite" versions that I have of some. My top 5 games right now are:

1. Tetris

-This is the Tetris you love, and I honestly think it's better than my Tetris DS version!!

2. Sims 3

-I was BLOWN away with this game when I played it. Seriously, this is the FULL Sims game. It looks as good and plays as well as it does on my PC. Whenever friends ask what kinda gaming power it has, this is the game I boot up!

3. Assasin's Creed

-Much like Sims 3, this game really shows some of the power of the iPhone. It's fully 3D and pretty fun. My main gripe would be loading times, but they are not that big a deal.

4. Reign of Swords

-I bought this game when it first came out at $1.99. I love Advance Wars and FF: Tactics so I was looking forward to it. While it would never win in a contest against those two titles, it's still pretty fun and plays like a Turn Based Tactical game should.

5. The Oregon Trail

-I can't remember how many dang times I played this game in middle school. But the iPhone adds style and I keep playing it over and over again. The humor is great too!

Also worth noting is Super Monkey Ball, Top Gun, and Asphalt4. On the Free Front, I love Paper Toss, PapiJump, and Trace.

So, what about you guys, what's on your iPhone?

neo

Oh, getting all fancy huh madman....

Also, how is Pocket God? I was waiting for a "Lite" version but they haven't made one.

neo

I like Pocket God it's a fun way to pass time. Until recently it was just an exercise in masochism you see how many different ways you can kill the little islanders but the past 2 updates they have added mini-games. One is where you bounce your little guy on clouds seeing how high you can get him before you miss and he plummets to his death and the newest one takes place under water and you have to feed as many of the little fellows to piranha as you can without the piranha meeting. The game keeps track of your records and my wife and I are always trying to best each others scores. I guess that there has not been a Lite version because the game is on $0.99. My 3 year old loves it to she refers to it as the "game with the children" and is always trying to feed them to the T-Rex.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I downloaded Baseball Superstars 2009 Lite and I have to say I'm addicted. I was looking for a fun Baseball game and I came across this. Honestly, I wanted to download MLB Power Pros Touch because I have MLB Power Pros on the Wii and Love it. But Power Pros doesn't have a lite (demo) version and Baseball Superstars does. Now that I've played I'm really leaning toward BS09. Has anyone here played Power Pros on iPhone? Is it better than BS09?

Also, any golf recomendations? Like above, I have a lite version of "Let's Golf" and am really impressed, but I've also heard really good things about Tiger Woods.....so I'm torn.

neo

• 1 year later...

Hate to necro but I wanted to plug this little game I got recently: LEGO Harry Potter. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a while. It's the full game, years 1-4 all in one handy dandy little package. It's the PSP version and the graphics on the 3GS are actually quite great. However it won't work with a model lower than 3GS. Still, if you've got the iPhone and your model fits it, get this game. It's really quite a lot of fun.

First off, thanks for the tip. I've actually been thinking about picking up the LEGO Harry Potter game. I LOVE the LEGO games and now I have some Christmas gift card money to spend ;). I'll add it to my list....and I'm really hoping it does well because I want a LEGO Pirates iPhone game this year!!

And, since we are talking about iPhone games, here is what my current real estate looks like:

igames1.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

igames2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The last games I've picked up were Need for Speed: HP and Tron Legacy. I'm still playing through Game Dev Story and I'm constantly going back to Angry Birds, Plants Vs Zombies, and Cut the Rope (Probably my Game of the Year). I also LOVE the Gameloft Spider-Man game. Anyway, I have recently sold my PSP and DSi because all of my mobile gaming is done on my beautiful iPhone 4! :D neo

I play storm8's online games. World War, iMobsters, and Vampires. It's fun to relentless attack people and see them post whiny comments on your character's wall. It's a great time killer at the airport.

Currently enjoying Angry Birds and Angry Birds seasons, And iBomber defense. which is a strategy game that's a lot of fun but quite infuriating when you can't beat a level. Cut the Rope is another ace game, and I hear a lot of good things about Axe in Face! :D

Is the Spider-Man game really that good? It's 99 cents now, I was wondering if I should go for it.

I paid $6 for it and I think it was worth it then, for $1 there is no reason not to buy it.

The game is as cool as it can be with no controls. I will be the first to say the only thing the iPhone is missing are buttons!! But, that's a dead horse. The game is linear but in full 3D. The combat is really fun. There is a bunch of stuff to collect, and the voice acting is fantastic! It is probably my favorite 3D Adventure game on the iPhone and I would reccommend it to anyone. In fact, as soon as I saw it for $1 I text both of my cousins and they bought it that day. Both are enjoying it.

neo