UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

NorthRaider

Meh, it was okay.

A lot of the underwater battle sequences made me think of Star Wars as did the last fight with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

And I expected more from the fights between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I mean, come on, you've got two excellent martial artists in Ray Park and Byung-Hun Lee, they should have had some epic battles (like Neo vs. Morpheus in the Matrix). I don't mean in terms of wire work but in terms of the style and length of the sequences.

And did anyone else think that they're backstory was a little lame? It made Storm Shadow look like a little bitch!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went last night to check it out and I am in the Sub with the Glass Half Full crowd. There were things that drove me crazy, but over all I thought it was great. Much better than either of the Transformers movies, by far. It was pretty clean and even came off funny at times. In no way do I feel I wasted my money......which is how I felt leaving TF2.

Anyway, I loved all the vehicles. When I was a kid GiJoe was cool because they were little figures and you got to play with awesome vehicles (Side Note: A reason that I think a Minimate Line of GiJoes would rock!). The "Shark" Subs and Jets and Personal Flying Crafts and Snowmobiles. I just loved all of the little tools and vehicles they got to play on. The Dialogue was corney at best for the most part, but it was alright. And I think Cobra Commander and Destro were good, but I can see them being great in the future films. And, while I don't have to say it, the Baroness was dead sexy!!

As for my cons, I only have a few. I don't like Scarlett and Ripcord getting the kiss on, but I can see how this would make for good tension in the future movies. I don't like how Cobra Commander is SO different looking. I like his character, but would have preferred a blue cloak with a Cobra on it or something that resembled his old cartoon self. And finally, what hasen't been said about Snake Eye's God awful mask!?!? I thought he looked sweet at first until I saw the light glisten off those lips. Seriously, it looked like the dude was always puckered up waiting for a Kiss. I honestly thought that was on purpose for the enevitable joke from Ripcord.....but it never came. His lips were like the Elephant in the room............no pun intended!

All in all, I'm glad I saw it and I will buy it on Blu Ray to watch it again. I would recommend anyone check it out. It won't change your views of action movies, but it's well worth the price of admission! Yo Joe!!

neo

Also, both being former military members, duke's goatee has to go....unless that sort of thing is ok in today's military.

It's not. And that honestly bugged me more than everything else combined.

I expect changes for Joe 2. This was an intro, and they're just getting the feel for the universe. I expect a chrome dome CC for the second one, so i'm not really worried.

Am I crazy, or am I the only one that caught a few bars of the Joe theme? Right around the ice fight I think.

Meh, it was okay.

A lot of the underwater battle sequences made me think of Star Wars as did the last fight with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

And I expected more from the fights between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I mean, come on, you've got two excellent martial artists in Ray Park and Byung-Hun Lee, they should have had some epic battles (like Neo vs. Morpheus in the Matrix). I don't mean in terms of wire work but in terms of the style and length of the sequences.

And did anyone else think that they're backstory was a little lame? It made Storm Shadow look like a little bitch!

That actually IS the original origin story for Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes.

It may be lame, but at least it stayed true to the original comic. You want a spoiler?

Storm Shadow didn't kill the master... ;)

Just found a great video! Love Crudup's Zartan and Henry Rollins's Duke. And of course, the Sarge!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/076041c13...-g-i-joe#player

that is the best thing i have seen on the interwebs in a looong time

I love it. how in the world did they get stars like that to do this?

thanks for the link it made my day

moc847

Just found a great video! Love Crudup's Zartan and Henry Rollins's Duke. And of course, the Sarge!

moc847

couldn't agree more, this was awesome to see!

moc847

couldn't agree more, this was awesome to see!

That was just plain out epic. I mean, look at that cast list!

Pure. Freaking. Epic.

The movie was entertaining! CC's deco looked much better in the movie than in the figs. (smurf Hasbro for always spoiling costume changes with their toys!)

The only thing I didn't like was Baroness ending up good. She's so much cooler (cooler being defined as hotter) as a "bad person"!

The movie was entertaining! CC's deco looked much better in the movie than in the figs. (smurf Hasbro for always spoiling costume changes with their toys!)

The only thing I didn't like was Baroness ending up good. She's so much cooler (cooler being defined as hotter) as a "bad person"!

Nanomites aren't out of her crazy brain yet. Maybe the Commander let her "turn good" to screw over Destro and have her inflitrate the Joes. Hmmm...

:)

Jatta is right. This is actually "feels" a lot like 2 old Joe stories I can think of where Baroness was in custody and felt betrayed by Cobra. Because of the nanites they can still very much use her as a villain, which, I agree they should.

i saw the movie on friday(i didnt relise there was a topic) it was good noot great but good here are the things i liked

snakeeyes in a movie

zartan whisteling

the camoflauge suits

the snow suits

the fact that as soon as i got out of the movie i thought about gijoe minimates

now the stuff i didint like

snakeeyes mask(that mouth is horrible)

destros mask

cobras voice

the stupid flash backs and the history between duke and baroness(did this happen in the comics)

dukes hair

the fact that there was only like 6 joes

over all it was a pretty awsome movie along with a couple problem

This movie was horrible, but somehow so bad that it was entertaining.

Jatta is right. This is actually "feels" a lot like 2 old Joe stories I can think of where Baroness was in custody and felt betrayed by Cobra. Because of the nanites they can still very much use her as a villain, which, I agree they should.

Can you tell I'm reading all of the old GI Joe comics? I just finished issue #32. I'm starting to dream in the Hamaverse.

I just have to ask... they did say it at least once, right? (and if you have to ask, then you're not a Joe fan)