UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's still waiting for pre-ordered waves 25 or 26 to ship?

groundhog7s

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried for three weeks to get some kind of response from toyrocket about the status of wave 25 and a few other pre-orders they didn't ship (they didn't ship my pre-ordered T2 singles until after they sold out of the John Connor and they haven't shipped ny preordered T2 wave 1 set, even though they have them in-stock individually). I've tried various ways to get their attention so I could at least get some kind of answer from them and I've gotten complete silence.

Until today. I sent an e-mail today cancelling all of my pre-ordered stuff (about $200 worth of products) and got a response from them within a couple of hours. I gave them all sorts of chances to explain their shady practices and they only responded when I cancelled my orders. I just don't get it. And it wasn't even a generic 'your orders have been cancelleded' response, it was personal. There was no attempt to apologize or explain what happened or even ask me more details about the experience. Obviously, they don't want to sell toys. I just don't get it.

Edited by groundhog7s

I have tried for three weeks to get some kind of response from toyrocket about the status of wave 25 and a few other pre-orders they didn't ship (they didn't ship my pre-ordered T2 singles until after they sold out of the John Connor and they haven't shipped ny preordered T2 wave 1 set, even though they have them in-stock individually). I've tried various ways to get their attention so I could at least get some kind of answer from them and I've gotten complete silence.

Until today. I sent an e-mail today cancelling all of my pre-ordered stuff (about $200 worth of products) and got a response from them within a couple of hours. I gave them all sorts of chances to explain their shady practices and they only responded when I cancelled my orders. I just don't get it. And it wasn't even a generic 'your orders have been cancelleded' response, it was personal. There was no attempt to apologize or explain what happened or even ask me more details about the experience. Obviously, they don't want to sell toys. I just don't get it.

I, too, tried to meet 'em halfway in my "I want to cancel" email and they just sent an email saying "Order number blah blah blah has been cancelled and your account has been credited your shipping money amount of $7.95" and that's it.

I don't get 'em either. I was really looking forward to giving them my business. Instead it became easier to just find them where ever I could, the random comic shop visit out of town, etc. and get them that way. And that includes the variant. Usually that's the kind of scenario that takes the most time, gas, legwork and patience. Instead, it became the easiest.

As I said in an earlier post, I sent Toyrocket an angry letter demanding a status update on my order. (I didn't request a cancellation mind you, just an update.)

They responded by canceling my order and refunding my payment back to paypal. No response or explanation why, mind you, just canceled and refunded... even though I never requested a cancellation.

So yeah, it's probly safe to say they don't expect to fill these orders.

I for one, am just going to wait it out another 15 days and try to pick up both sets directly from Chuck and the gang at Wizard World Chicago, when I go to get my San Diego exclusives (they always have leftovers). They usually have plenty of the regular mates from the most recent waves in stock at their booth, and at least a handful of variants if you arrive early enough. Gotten more than a few full sets w/ variants at their WWC booth in past years.

Failing that, I guess I turn to ebay.

Edited by Gillbob316

Has anybody heard anything about their corner store order yet?

I had to cancel my order with them and buy them elsewhere. But be warned, there's a restocking fee.

They made you pay a restocking fee? I had a set on preorder with then and cancelled and got my full amount returned to paypal!

If THEY are the ones at fault and the reason why you cannot get the item you should not have to pay a restock fee!

T.

I had to cancel my order with them and buy them elsewhere. But be warned, there's a restocking fee.

They made you pay a restocking fee? I had a set on preorder with then and cancelled and got my full amount returned to paypal!

If THEY are the ones at fault and the reason why you cannot get the item you should not have to pay a restock fee!

T.

especially when there is no item to restock in the first place

T.

especially when there is no item to restock in the first place

They actually 'waved' the fee in my case but I had to do one of those angry customer foot stomping routines to make it happen. This did involve my pointing out that it made no sense to pay a restocking fee on an item that is not in stock coupled with the fact that I had the opportunity to buy a set at a comic shop but passed on it because I had pre-ordered it w/them (all true, sadly).

I agree that the problem extends beyond just Cornerstore and they can't really be held to blame. The restocking fee is standard and posted on their site for all to see prior to purchasing. I ended up buying the variant set from a guy on Amazon and swallowing my pride over the high cost.

But dude... I just had to have that version of Iron Man w/a nose!

I don't think you can blame any company for not getting enough of this wave, but you can blame them for stupid practices and poor customer service.

As of today CSC are still offering both of the Waves for pre-order. I ordered my cases...yeah cases..on April 5th . Has anybody here at all actually received these waves from CSC? Enough of these waves....I don't think they have gotten any?

• 2 weeks later...
Concerning ToyRocket I just got a claim form in the mail today, it seems they are declaring bankruptcy. So if you were still waiting like I was looks like you need to make new arrangements.

Sorry to hear that Darkkrisp, I hope you get your $$$ back though!

T.

aw hell, I preorder two SDCC boxsets from them!!!, I just got that letter

too!! oh no!!! now i gotta get the sets somewhere else!

Edited by SErge

Is anyone looking for just the regular set? I expect if you're shelling out $$$ for the case, you really want the bolt-faced Iron Man. It would be great if there a way to JUST get the mask. Wasn't there someone on the board who got an extra case? Guess it's been a while, and the case has already been grabbed.

Sorry for everyone waiting on CSC. I have, after many waves, started preordering sets (AFX and BigBadToyStore). hopefully they won't go out of business any time soon.

Bankruptcy isn't completely the end for any company & Cornerstorecomics may well re-emerge as Cornerstorecomix or some similar sounding 'shower'.

You won't find the variant but BBTS are still showing over 30 sets of these.......& they are still witholding my commission for continually plugging them :D

Bankruptcy isn't completely the end for any company & Cornerstorecomics may well re-emerge as Cornerstorecomix or some similar sounding 'shower'.

You won't find the variant but BBTS are still showing over 30 sets of these.......& they are still witholding my commission for continually plugging them :D

Cornerstore are going bankrupt? :blink:

Either you missed that darkkrisp was talking about ToyRocket or you are starting to loose your grip on the English language, I know which my money is on....

T.

Cornerstore are going bankrupt? :blink:

Either you missed that darkkrisp was talking about ToyRocket or you are starting to loose your grip on the English language, I know which my money is on....

T.

Toyrocket....my bad. :D

......although perhaps it's a prophesy.

Toyrocket....my bad. :D

......although perhaps it's a prophesy.

Well I just cancelled my preorder with CSC and got my money back for fear of it going into the great black hole that retailers call 'preorders'

What worries me is that with so many minimates coming so fast that people are not preordering so many and DST see's this as a sign to produce less so there will be fewer sets available...

T.

What worries me is that with so many minimates coming so fast that people are not preordering so many and DST see's this as a sign to produce less so there will be fewer sets available...

Well I've done my part. I've preordered the next 4 waves and several boxed sets.