UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Walmart build a droid 2 packs

So Walmart has a bunch of exclusive build a Dark Trooper Droid 2 packs that just hit shelves and I have been looking forward to getting a couple for a while now. I found them yesterday and grabbed the two packs that I wanted which were Corran Horn and Whistler and then Darth Maul and I5YQ. Being a big expanded universe fan and having read all the novels I wanted figures of these characters.

Then I scanned the packs for a price and . . . . . .17.00$ frakin dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world is this justified when you can get the comic 2 packs for 12.00$? Any way I picked up just this one here because I really just had to have this pack, but because of the price I passed on the other set I wanted. These tend to end up on clearance at some point but if not then oh well I am not paying another 17$. Because of so very many different SW things to get I have limited what I buy to characters from the original trilogy and then things like Jedi, expanded universe characters, and pilots so the set I bought met all three of those categories. Anyway I just wanted to share my frustration at this insanity in pricing!

I wouldn't say it's just Wal-Mart, I think it's Star Wars in general. I love the line, but I just can't do it anymore. I still pick up a few here and there, but I had to stop back when they first started going up in price. But, as for Wal-Mart, we've watched over the last few weeks as most everything we get there has gone up (again) in price. I know last year everything went up drastically, but we're watching things go up just a few cents ehre and there. I think they think we're not smart enough to notice. Of course once you become big enough to become the biggest retail store in america, who's going to bully you and take your business?

I was getting most of the Expanded Universe figures. Then I sold most of my SW stuff. hen I started getting them again. Now I've stopped because it's too dang much. I limit myself to Boba Fett, Slave Leia, Scout Troopers, and KOTOR figs. Anything else makes me want to scream. I'd LOVE to to Legacy. Ain't gona happen though.

Question: Any meatbags want to help me complete HK-47?

I hope this doesn't happen to the Minimates they're getting D:

If they are indeed getting minimates, I will not be getting any of them.......I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart, it is one of the worst stores I have ever stepped foot into.

And I have indeed noticed this about their exclusives from other people's experiences.

• 3 weeks later...