UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The End....

Things will continue forever in some form or another, the verse (or at least the community) has survived for years, from the noisy evil shit that was the AA boards to the IP address forum to this place, even this place is a world of difference to what it once was (remember when the community had ONE minimates section and a customs area full of bitter trekkies?), even if minimates die id imagine this place would become Minifigure Multiverse (which its already showing signs of) and the world will continue as ever.

Hell I havent bought a mate in nearly two years and i still lurk!

Yeah I remember that...that was a looong time ago. I don't post as nearly as I used to early on (and even back on the AA board) but I'll still hang around, won't sell my mates off either.

Even if the line died, I keep coming back since I love looking at the customs and talking about comics/movies, or maybe even talk about other toy lines, you can also count me in on the petition to get minimates back!, this place is the best forum I ever been in!! The custom contest are a blast to see! so heck yes, I'll stick around

Edited by SErge

you know if you had brought this up a year or to ago i think i mood of this post would have been a lot different. now i really think minimates will be around for a long time. sure lines will die but the minimate concept will be around for a while still. but if/when that dark day comes no way in hell am selling my mates. i love the little buggers and while i don't take out my Lord of the rings mates all the time i still have them. and while i hate the crappy speed racer mates and their happy meal cars, i still have those too.

i also have been mainly only buying minimates. i am sure gijoe is sweet and star wars has made some huge strides, i don't go after them with the hunger or drive that i do with minimates.

i think this website will stick around for some time too. i mean this is really the only place i have to talk with like minded people. this is really the only place where i have found so many people getting excited about ghostbusters and battle beast i love it!

and while i have not been buying every minimate to come out (to which i sometime regret) i will stay at as long as DST does and be here to offer my wit and wisdom and listen to (most) of yours my dream is to get my kids and their friends into them.

I dont post that often (I've never got the cash to buy new mates to talk about) but i'd stick around till the bitter end ,i cant see it ending anytime soon though with all these great new releases.All the new licences are can only extend the life of the line more and more i hope one day they become a popular as kubricks (only without being blind packed)heck if it carries on at the current rate maybe they will be sold here in the UK (well i can dream cant i? ) :)

I remember a time when I was nervous posting here. I know 'Nervous' is 'Nervous',I mean 'buttheadsmate' was nervous. It was quite intimidating for a bloke like me who was totally naive about everything 'Internet' & 'forum' to start single-figure typing about his passion without anyone taking the piss. I know everybody ribs me about being an old fart etc.etc. but nobody takes the piss about my love for Minimates & that's what I love. I wonder how many of you here will be posting here when you're 54? I hope there will be lots of you because to be quite honest I had a great life before I came 'here' & it got better when I did get 'here'. The reality is that even if Minimates died I'd still lurk/post because I am amongst 'kindred souls'........& Groundhog. :D

While I was reading that first post, I started thinking of Linkin Park's song "In The End". Wierd... :blink:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'd stay here if Minimates die (Which they never will!). I would, however, do a lot more lurking.

"f***ed up and dysfunctional", what do you expect when we're all buy the same crack? :P I've been buying mates since 2003(the Marvel TRU 5-packs got me started). I will continue on until I lose interest. I collected 3.75" Star Wars figures and vehicles since the '95 relaunch, about a year and a half ago I made minimates my primary collectible(Futurama is a distant 2nd-when I have extra$$). I forsee at least another 8-10 years of mates, barring major catastrophic events.

Much like luke314pi, I had lots and lots of Marvel Legends figures but could never display them. They're in plastic totes in my cellar now, actually, gathering dust. With mates I can buy lots and lots of 'em and have them to display or store in a relatively small space.

I figure the Multiverse will continue, though it may change to "Minifigure Multiverse" as somebody suggested. Some people may split but others may come in if another block-figure-type license begins to interest people. I'm sure the custom section will continue to boom. In fact, knowing that there won't be anymore may get some people to work on characters they know they'll never see.

I remember the old boards, the spiteful Trekkies, and the times when those who posted in got a neato Bombermate. I remember when there were hardly any minimates coming out at all and it seemed that they might not even get the series with Thor in it released even though they'd shown the preview pictures of 'em. I remember thinking at that time that it looked like the end was near. Yet it wasn't. And hopefully it won't be anytime soon, either.

Besides just random little things here or there, this'll probably be my last line of toys to actively collect too. Other than the sporadic Godzilla-fueled frenzy that occurs every 8-12 months, I don't buy too many toys anymore.

I hope they don't stop anytime soon. I'd still like to see so many more Marvel characters, as well as longshot hopes like DC returning... and most of all, an independent-ish line where I could get Mike Allred's Madman and the Atomics characters. I'd like it if everybody who wanted their favorite character made could get it before "The End" happens.

Edited by Mystery Man