UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boooooooo on Wonder Twins Gleek

I was a little pissed when I waited in line for hours to get my Mattel stuff during SDCC. Not only was the Wonder Twins box set $40.00. The Gleek figure was bagged and not apart of the set/box (see pic)

Boooooooooo.

Thanks for nothing Mattel.

I guess I'm extra pissed cos after waiting in line from 6pm to 9pm on Wednesday we got nothing. But I did sneak away to get my minimates. Score!!

Late,

jason

PS

This post and me buying Wonder Twins figures is the perfect "you know how I know you are gay" joke. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

post-2791-1249004047_thumb.jpg

I thought this post was the perfect 'where'd this random bit of experience come from and why isn't it in the 'Other Toy Lines' forum anyway and boy, you really should just be thankful you got a Gleek when lots of people didn't and if you're not that happy with it why don't you just sell it to one of those many unhappy campers and hey, isn't this posted like a week after the fact anyway' joke. Not that there's anything wrong with that either.

I thought this post was the perfect 'where'd this random bit of experience come from and why isn't it in the 'Other Toy Lines' forum anyway and boy, you really should just be thankful you got a Gleek when lots of people didn't and if you're not that happy with it why don't you just sell it to one of those many unhappy campers and hey, isn't this posted like a week after the fact anyway' joke. Not that there's anything wrong with that either.

Sorry, maybe I'm a little late. I just got my stuff in from Fedex today.

Let an old man bitch!! :P

I'm in the wrong area? My bad.

Free feel to delete...sorry kids.

Edited by jason4444

...about Wonder Twins. Yes, life is hard.

So, I have to ask were they worth the wait or the $40?

Not worth it...

But, I wanted the Art of MOTU and got two books, so maybe it was.

Gleek is actually the only SDCC exclusive. The Wonder Twins are available on Matty collector but no Gleek.

I know, I tried to buy just the Gleek and the Mattel lady looked at me like I was crazy.

Yeah, I feel your pain J, I just got my box from my buddy today. The problem is Matty made such a big deal about this and didn't really deliver. How hard would it have been to put Gleek in the lower right hand corner with Jayne? Then we wouldn't be hearing horror stories about multiple Gleek's being handed out because folks said they didn't get him in their sets. The JLU set my friend sent was practically coming apart from the card. I swear, year after year Mattel has a way of screwing the pooch on their booths. Last year we were in line and they told us to step forward and put us in a line almost as long as the one we were in :wacko: Then one of the credit only line registers was down and had been all day. Why not turn that into a cash only line? These guys have been doing this too long to continue this type of behavior. I don't mind exclusives, I just hate the hoops some dealers make us jump through to get them. Hopefully next year will be better.

It seems he will post wherever the mods decide he can post.

I swear, year after year Mattel has a way of screwing the pooch on their booths.

Frankly, this would be enough to keep me from buying their stuff. That's just sick and wrong, even if it weren't in public view.

Because he wasn't packaged in the box FOS. There should have been something distinguishing him, like they did with He-Ro exclusive and to help minimize him being handed out without the WT. By the way, did you used to be someone else? Because I remember that avatar, but another member was using it :unsure:

Because he wasn't packaged in the box FOS. There should have been something distinguishing him, like they did with He-Ro exclusive and to help minimize him being handed out without the WT. By the way, did you used to be someone else? Because I remember that avatar, but another member was using it :unsure:

I agree, there should have been something distinguishing him.

And on the avatar, that's strange cos that pic is of me. But, I have changed my avatar a few times.

Here is the full version of the pic.

post-2791-1249268946_thumb.jpg

Edited by jason4444

Sorry, I was talking to FeatsofStrength, not you Jason ;) To say I've read a load of posts regarding this would be an understatement, but I think the suggestion that the form of figures should have been the exclusive, not Gleek was a good one. That way they could sell whatever at SDCC and have a different version for the website. Anyway, I've said my peace on the matter. So I'm going to go back to my ever lovin' positive self :D

Nobody's even mentioned the fact that they knowingly sold a bunch of those sets WITHOUT Gleek in the box. After waiting in said lines for hours, some people at SDCC didn't even get the monkey. And from what I heard, after they "found" a box of Gleeks in the storage area on the last day they gave them to Fwoosh for giveaways in exchange for advertisements. They didn't even bother trying to get them to the people that stood in line only to get a Gleek-less package...

Just another example of how clueless Mattel is. After my Adam Strange/Starfire debacle, I won't be buying anything from them directly.