UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The SDCC 2009 panel and so much moar!

jason4444

Greetings mini friends!

SDCC 2009 was awesome and total chaos. I was there Wednesday thru Sunday and I tried to load up on as many minimates as I could. I hit the Diamond Select Minimate panel on Saturday at 12:00 and was a little disappointed at the low turn out. I will say this, Saturday was super crazy and a lot of big time panels were going on around this time. Damn you Miramax, 2012, Zombieland and Iron Man 2. I said, fuck you to my friends and hit the minimate panel alone. I’m sure you guys know the folks at DST but I didn’t. At times I felt like a “minimate fan boy” but the guys at DST were super cool and happy to talk shop. Total stand up guys!

One question at the panel that was asked was, why not make a stand for the mates that fly? Like the stands for Iron Man and Human Torch. The guys look at each other and say “great idea we are going to do that”. I thought that was pretty cool and a great idea.

The guys talked about finally getting http://www.minimates.com/ going (I didn't know about this).

Easy,

Jason4444 ;)

Disclaimer:

I hope its ok to post this here. If not, let me know. Damn you beer!

Oh yeah, I did say that I was from the MMMV and I got big smiles!!!

Oh yeah, and I asked for Kang for you guys.

Oh yeah, and I think moar Secret Wars sets are going to happen!!! But don't quote me on that. :woot:

FYI,

The Angry Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Bank sold out on the 1st day. The Ghostbusters two pack sold out on day 2 or 3.

This pic is my haul for the 1st two days. I'm still waiting on Fedex, so moar to come.

post-2791-1248751935_thumb.jpg

Edited by jason4444

Oh my God you've got two sets of the GL exclusives...i am really, really, REALLY jealous of you right now. Is there ANY chance you plan on selling a set and not keeping them MIB?? :blush: If so, you'll be getting a PM from a desperate kid. :)

Really nice haul either way though. That must have been a sh*tload of cash, dude. Good to see someone with a GB Video Game set, and can you tell us if Radioactive Man has a green detailed face or black with green eyes??

Greetings mini friends!

SDCC 2009 was awesome and total chaos. I was there Wednesday thru Sunday and I tried to load up on as many minimates as I could. I hit the Diamond Select Minimate panel on Saturday at 12:00 and was a little disappointed at the low turn out. I will say this, Saturday was super crazy and a lot of big time panels were going on around this time. Damn you Miramax, 2012, Zombieland and Iron Man 2. I said, fuck you to my friends and hit the minimate panel alone. I’m sure you guys know the folks at DST but I didn’t. At times I felt like a “minimate fan boy†but the guys at DST were super cool and happy to talk shop. Total stand up guys!

One question at the panel that was asked was, why not make a stand for the mates that fly? Like the stands for Iron Man and Human Torch. The guys look at each other and say “great idea we are going to do thatâ€. I thought that was pretty cool and a great idea.

This pic is my haul for the 1st two days. I'm still waiting on Fedex, so moar to come.

Easy,

Jason4444 ;)

Disclaimer:

Oh yeah, and I think moar Secret Wars sets are going to happen!!! But don't quote me on that. :woot:

FYI,

The Angry Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Bank sold out on the 1st day. The Ghostbusters two pack sold out on day 2 or 3.

Awesome swag there! I think I would kill for one of those He-Man art books (and the He-Man figure). Is the book as fantastic as I imagine it being?

I'm not a huge He-man fan but the book is pretty awesome. Only 1000 made and the nerds were going crazy for em. I went to the DST booth first on Wednesday and got most of my swag then. I had three other friends stand in the Mattel line from 6pm to 9pm (the whole time for Wednesday) and not get a chance to buy anything. I got my books early Thursday. They were $50.00 each and limited 2 per person. They are selling like crazy on eBay. You can make $200 easy. I'm going to wait a while and see what happens.

I dropped $1,400.00 on food, toys and booze.

I win!

jason

Greetings mini friends!

SDCC 2009 was awesome and total chaos. I was there Wednesday thru Sunday and I tried to load up on as many minimates as I could. I hit the Diamond Select Minimate panel on Saturday at 12:00 and was a little disappointed at the low turn out. I will say this, Saturday was super crazy and a lot of big time panels were going on around this time. Damn you Miramax, 2012, Zombieland and Iron Man 2. I said, fuck you to my friends and hit the minimate panel alone. I’m sure you guys know the folks at DST but I didn’t. At times I felt like a “minimate fan boy†but the guys at DST were super cool and happy to talk shop. Total stand up guys!

One question at the panel that was asked was, why not make a stand for the mates that fly? Like the stands for Iron Man and Human Torch. The guys look at each other and say “great idea we are going to do thatâ€. I thought that was pretty cool and a great idea.

Easy,

Jason4444 ;)

Disclaimer:

FYI,

Awesome swag there! I think I would kill for one of those He-Man art books (and the He-Man figure). Is the book as fantastic as I imagine it being?

Congratulations on the fantastic haul buddy! Glad you managed to score all those extras of the keychains. I'm thinking of putting SDCC on my "Things To Do Before I Die" list... Just seemed like the most epic thing ever :)

For me, the neatest thing of all the neat stuff is the Twilight Zone fortune teller. I wish I had one of those.

Mystic Sneer!!! :woot: from the The Twilight Zone episode "Nick of Time." I have always wanted one too.

You can get them in August for $12.99 on the Entertainment Earth web site.

Here is the link.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...number=BBP05004

Hope that helps,

jason ;)

PS

This is not spam or whatever. I'm just trying to help out and save someone some cash.

Edited by jason4444

Wicked loot!

Glad to hear the flying stands idea got out there. I can't wait to see more of those.