UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST, please change wave 31 Angel variant!

3Dean

I don't see a thread for this or that it's been discussed in the Series 31 and 32 thread, but if I missed it, please feel free to close this thread or redirect to the proper thread.

Since AFX is giving us a First Appearance X-Men set, please reconsider making FA Angel the standard and the more recent costume the variant. The Archangel and Archangel variant from the previous wave and the SDCC set work fine for AFX's X-Factor boxed set, so please consider swapping the variant for the standard issue Angel.

Thanks in advance...

Just wanted to follow up that this thread is in response to storm 1:08's post in the SDCC news thread in the Crisis of Infinite MiniMates section:

Conversation tidbits:

Matt is considering putting that First Appearance Angel as the regular figure in that series and the other Blue Angel as the chase instead. His reasoning is that First Appearance Angel will complete the AFX First Appearance (or whatever it's called) X-Men box set. Let DST know which Angel you want and why!

Since it wasn't its own thread here in the Marvel MiniMates section or mentioned in the wave 31 and 32 thread, I thought I'd start a new one to see if others agree/disagree.

Dear DST, please KEEP the blue costume as the regular release.

I was very pleased to find that the blue costume would be released. I have no plans to pick up either the Champions box set or the FA X-Men boxset. And I would REALLY like a feather winged Angel to go with my other X-Men.

Thank You DST!!!

Please, DST. PLEASE!! FA Angel shouldn'tto be the variant when his team is getting a boxset. I hacve a hard enough time with minimates being popular at my LCS, and my guy can only order 1 case per wave. I'd love to have him as the regular release to complete one of the greatest sets you've ever made. PLEASE!!! It would be so much better for all of us!!! Make FA Angel the regular release!!!

If i can easily get the FA Angel, then i will go out and buy the FA X-Men set.

If i don't, then that set is useless to me!

Simple really, FA Angel should NOT be the variant because it will result in less sales of the FA X-Men set, what's the point without Angel included!?

And with the trouble people have had with the BE/MS 2 pack, i doubt many people would bother to pre-order until they can guarentee a FA Angel.

Perhaps we could have one of those fan polls where everbody ...........blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

It's inconceivable that we would have a FA X-Men without a FA Angel .........it wouldn't be right ....it would be like FA Avengers without a minor character like Thor. :unsure:

This is why the variants suck and I hate 'em. The DC Minimates made me much happier.

Defintely make FA Angel the regular and blue costumed Angel the variant, imo. People will need the original Angel to complete their boxsets, but some folks who have the champions boxset may not feel the need for the blue Angel, reducing the demand for that particular chase.

Defintely make FA Angel the regular and blue costumed Angel the variant, imo. People will need the original Angel to complete their boxsets, but some folks who have the champions boxset may not feel the need for the blue Angel, reducing the demand for that particular chase.

I can get my hands on the normal wave but some other person at my lcs gets the variant pack( I usually don't care for the variants, except i still want tarantula) either way DST can not make fa angel the variant b/c then it would be harder to get the whole team together

I generally pre-order full sets online, so it's not an issue. However, many do not have that option so it would make more sense to place the roster-completing FA Angel as the standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see DST is making First Appearance Angel the standard release and the more modern Angel the variant!

I know they were already considering it before our threads on this, but it's great to know they reconsidered. Does kind of make the promo pic a bit of a cheat with the variant Angel front and center! :)

i think it is really cool that dst had the foresight to figure this out and change their mistake. a;though i am not really happy with the change (i like the new angle better) this does make me want to get the 4 pack more where as before i was not really interested.