UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

I love the JSA, but don't want to start collecting them unless I know that I have a reasonable chance of completing the team. So, I'm holding off on Fate until I know if I can get Wildcat for a decent price. If I can't get that, then Matty can suck it.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame. I'd love to see anything beyond Kid Flash and 3 Cyborgs at my Wal-Mart, too. :( Probably never gonna get that Kara Zor-L or Robot Man...that's a shame.

LUCKILY i found Robo-Mantis at Big Apple Comic-con!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the version i wanted, AND i finished Chemo!!! And both him and Chemo are fantastic beyond belief; the sculpted parts on Mantis are amazing, and Chemo the first CnC i finished, and the second one i've wanted of all the waves (next to Giganta, and, when he comes out, Kilowog). I'm a happy camper. :)

In a semi-related bit of joy, i found a SDCC Green Hal too!!! One down, boys!!! :lol:

Apologies in advance, I just read this in another forum and it confirms what my guts been telling me. According to the post Wally is holding onto the wave until Black Friday <_< For whatever reason I just feel I'll eventually track this wave down, especially once holiday season kicks off. That seems to be when the Mattel reps start hitting the stores again. Hopefully I'm right, I'd hate to have another incomplete wave :pinch:

Yeah, if you're talking about 10, it sadly is all over EBAY, presumably becauase it's in stores.

Like I said before I let my boys pick two of these each every month. Imagine my disappointment whenI found out 2 they really want (Beast Boy & Joker) are in a Walmart Exclusive. Deja Vu. Awhile back my son asked for the Atom (another damn Walmart xclusive). Luckily he also wanted Gentleman Ghost who comes with a Atom mini character.

Do any of the other waves come with a mini Joker? <_<

Anyways, I don't know if they have in Canada... I hope so though.

I've been doing a good job collecting these with my boys. In half a year they already have a substantial collection. That said, they don't have ANY wave 9 so if people have extras of those or extras of others I might want LMK. It'd be appreciated.

I'm talking about wave 10. Since I mentioned Wal Mart I thought everyone would connect the dots :geek: Nestle' I know these are sprinkling in. A buddy of mine got a complete set and is holding Bats and Power Girl for me until we meet up on Monday. So I know they are showing up because of this and eBay. However, I think the secondary market is going to take a hit once these actually hit hard. Like I said, I am trying to remain optimistic.

I'm talking about wave 10. Since I mentioned Wal Mart I thought everyone would connect the dots :geek: Nestle' I know these are sprinkling in. A buddy of mine got a complete set and is holding Bats and Power Girl for me until we meet up on Monday. So I know they are showing up because of this and eBay. However, I think the secondary market is going to take a hit once these actually hit hard. Like I said, I am trying to remain optimistic.

Oh, I see what you're saying.

Speaking of Black Batman... Is he kinda like the Black Sheep of this wave? I mean there have alreeady been a few Batman figures and he doesn't come witha BAF piece, right?

I don't think I'm interested.

I've been doing a good job collecting these with my boys.

See this is the only reason I'm still bothering with the JLU line. It's a pain. It's increasingly hard to come by, increasingly expensive even at retail, not to mention ePay prices. If it were just up to me, I'd have walked away a while ago. A long time ago. But my son is still really excited about the line, still does web searches looking for toy news about it, and still plays with the toys. (Yes, even the rare ones, MIP collectors do not want to look at our Solomon Grundy and his very scuffed knuckles) So here I sit, trying to figure ou how in the world I'm going to justify getting raped on eBay over the 6 pack with Shadow Thief and Atomic Skull, which never came to this area retail, and yet my boy still has it among his top 5 wants for Christmas. (the aging comics geek in me is very proud he even knows who Atomic Skull and Shadow Thief are, let alone that he wants toys of them but that's another issue) Oh well, it's not Pokémon or Bakugon. Or robot Hamsters.

Found another case of Wave 9 at my meijer! (This makes case #3!!!) I scored Robo-Mantis and Black Adam (for a boardie on another forum). They only one they didn't have was Wildcat.

For a wave that only has had 25% of its quota sent out, It's the first time me seeing every fig in the store (except Blue Wildcat).

It's the first time that I bought 6/7ths of a wave too! :D

I'm actually thinking it was only the online e-tailers who got 25% of what they ordered. I figure that Wal-Mart will get as much as it wants! The prices on eBay aren't far removed from those for any other wave with these, so I'm thinking that the supply isn't as low as we initially thought.

Edited by karamazov80

Lookie! Wave 13!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p...0&start=660

I only want Negative Man and BB this wave (possibly Donna Troy).

Still no Martian Manhunter!!! :D

Wow!! Looks better than i thought it would!! I gotta say, i REALLY hope Blue Devil gets the Stand this wave...he's the only one i don't want. The two Cheetahs looks great, but i'll definitely track Priscilla down first; Barbara isn't that cool in comparison...I REALLY wished that Superboy and donna were in their recent costumes though!!! <_< Seriously, the black T-shirt and the Starfield are so much cooler than the 80s eyesore and the red Diana copycat. I haven't followed recent Blue Beetle, and still want Ted Kord first, but have seen Brave and the Bold so he's not a total loss...LARRY!!!! I LOVE the Doom Patrol so much, and he's by far my favorite member. Cannot wait for both versions, although i really think that it could have just been an alternate head for ONE Larry with a Starfield Donna variant instead... <_< Cyclotron is the one figure i didn't think i'd want, besides Devil, but after seeing that they used the Super Powers version and NOT the comic one, AND kept his Super Powers feature, i REALLY want this guy. He's too cool. Oh, and Trigon is just fucking insane!!! Ever since Teen Titans GO! I just loved the guy to death, and once we get Raven this'll be a fun CnC/BaF. Still want my Anti-Monitor, IN-SCALE, though. :P

Looks to be a promising wave. Also, it technically has THREE WOMEN!!! Two different Cheetahs (i count two, being two different people) and Donna Troy. I like where this line is going.

EDIT: OMG!! Big day for DCUC: Mattel has unveiled the variants to Wave 12, White Mary and Glow-in-the-dark Spectre. I MUST HAVE MARY. That's the costume i know her in most:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/ma...ave-12-variants

255jpzt.jpg

2rmo29g.jpg

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Wish I could get more excited, but if I can't find Robotman and Beast Boy, then I'm not gonna get Negative Man. Apart from that, Donna Troy is the only "must-get" from this wave for me. Cool seeing Cyclotron. I've got the original Super Powers version from when I was a kid.

Less than no interest in the Blue Beetle imposter.

I went to WalMart tonight and they had 7 cases of Wave 10 out on the pallets! I got chastized by one of the employees but she allowed me to go through the cases when I promised to buy whatever I pulled out. Power Girl, Batman, and Joker are heavily over-packed. I went through four of the cases to pull out a full set. I'm very surprised they were still regular price.

Now, I do have a little bit of extra money and some time tomorrow so send me a PM if you want me to grab you any. First come, first served depending on my budget and whatever is left tomorrow. Also, you can claim priority if you have a MIB Gentleman Ghost and/or Hawkgirl for trade.

EDIT: Okay, Robotman is officially my surprise favorite from this wave! The skull cap come off to reveal his brain!

Edited by God Magnus

I thought I'd put a bit of general info here in the thread so I didn't have to type it out five times.

I went back to WalMart this afternoon and the only Wave 10 figures on the pegs were Batman, Joker, and 2 Power Girls. I seriously doubt that they put out all of the cases that I saw last night. There simply wasn't enough room. I'll most likely go back and check for more after I get paid this weekend.

Now, on to the individual replies....

I don't want to derail things any further gang, but I need a little help. I only need Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost to finish up Giganta and I know some areas are still getting these. I've tried just about every avenue known to exist. If anyone can help, send me a pm. Back on topic, I've seen nothing past Wave 6, maybe 7 in my area?

I bit the bullet and bought Powergirl at a con. She was so totally worth it. Catwoman too. If I could ever find Artemis I'd be done with this line.

I've seen Artemis twice, both at Big Apple. Quite frankly, i WANT her so i can i have her, and then buy the WW WGSH release and save myself two CnC pieces, because i like the character, but both were priced at $30. That is way too much for one figure, let alone a variant like her. I'll find her eventually, but not at that price.

Still no sign of Wave 10 here, so i'm starting to think i should just shovel out the cash for 3 Cyborgs, a Firestorm, and Kid Flash. Mind you, i HATE all those characters and would never buy them for myself, but i really need to trigger a restock. I'll probably return 2 Cyborgs later, but i really want Joker, Power Girl, and Robot Man, and maybe, if i like them in-hand, BB and Keaton/Morrison Bats. :/

Seriously, Mattel's scattered shipping is god-awful. :angry: I still don't have Wave 8 complete. Of course, i was lucky enough to score Gentleman Ghost as soon as i saw him (thanks for the intro, JLU and Batman: BatB!! :)), and didn't want Hawkgirl without Hawkman (so glad she has the stand), so the rest will be fairly easy to find seeing as how most are on TRU.com.

Down to Gentleman Ghost, which is proving to be harder to locate. Hawkgirl is enroute, which probable means I'll find these locally now :lol: That's what happened with the DCU 5 stuff, bought a set and paid for shipping only to see them in a local store :pinch: