UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Release Date Incompetence (Rant/poll sorry)

Release Dates  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect to be able to buy a game on its posted release date?

• Yes
    • No

Well I apologise to those who do not like rants but I have one to do. Though I made a poll for you guys to get involved too! Today I went out to get The Conduit (A Wii game which was released today) and I came to discover that no one in my area had it in. Upon inquiring why they did not receive the game on time, Gamestop gave me this answer: "The release date is when it is let out of the warehouse. We get it in tomorrow."

Honestly, I have to say that that is total bull. Evidence toward this being total bull:

1. There have been many, many games I have bought before on the posted release date. Kingdom Hearts 2, God of War 2, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Mario Galaxy being the big examples

2. Two other games that I know of ere given the same posted release date as The Conduit: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil. Both of those games were slated for release on June 23, 2009 and both were avaliable where I went (thouh Resident Evil was kinda scarce. Not as big a release too. About the same noteriety and demand as the Conduit I'd expect.)

3. Stores that are not Gamestop expected it today. Toys R Us and Target had a space for it on their walls and Wal Mart... Declined to comment as they usually do.

I know that they did not sell out for a fact as the guy at TRU said to check back later and then when I did, told me that they "never came in."

This makes me think that Gamestop was BSing to cover for a HUGE screw up on the release dates. I want to know, have any of you had this problem and got this answer and do you expect the games to be avaliable on their posted release date?

For the second question (As you saw the first one's answer) I say a definate yes. If it's not avaliable to buy that day, then it's not released to the public that day. Knock it back a day and get it right!

Well I'll take off my rant hat for today. Your turn!

T42

I very rarely buy a game now days on release. I have been burned by crap to many times. Conduit I want myself but I can wait till the ppl reviews start to appear. I do think this will be a good game but my wallet screams wait.

Thanks for the hankie TBT. My problem is less with the delay. Smash Bros taught me that delays happen. My problem is with how it was handled. There was never an announcement of the delay and the excuse they gave at Gamestop makes no sense because it dosn't fit with any release that I've seen before.

I say that I expect games on their release day unless a delay is announced. I know all you Duke Nukem fans out there have a... bigger problem ;) but I have no problem with an announced delay. Just don't make stuff up to cover for an unannounced one and try not to have unannounced delays. And one other thing. I called the three stores that I missed. None of them had it and the one Gamestop that I called did not give me the same answer the others did. I expect they gave the truthful answer: "We have no idea."

Edited by Trekker 42