UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WTF!!?? 2 Venoms from Dark Reign?!

tommyfarr

this is just my opinion.i dont see why people complain about getting 2 more venoms to add to the other 5 versions, and the thunderbolts venom which looks completely bad ass ,the other i am still waiting for

Edited by clayface1

its not that theres two more venoms (admitidly, theres not many directions to be taken with them), its that out of all the amazing characters from dark reign, we get two basicly the same. I think maybe they should stick with the scorpian tailed one and give us a real ares! and the two norman osborns cant really be counted in that cos its a bit more of a variant, what with iron patriot being completly different.

its not that theres two more venoms (admitidly, theres not many directions to be taken with them), its that out of all the amazing characters from dark reign, we get two basicly the same. I think maybe they should stick with the scorpian tailed one and give us a real ares! and the two norman osborns cant really be counted in that cos its a bit more of a variant, what with iron patriot being completly different.

well, i think DST maybe picked popular characters in There eyes,but who know's what wave 29 and 30 will be now that thunderbolts and dark reign minimates are out

well, i think DST maybe picked popular characters in There eyes,but who know's what wave 29 and 30 will be now that thunderbolts and dark reign minimates are out

That's my feeling here. I mean:

DA:

Norm/IP- the Leader/mandatory/seller

Noh-Varr/Cap Marv- the filler/new character

Mac/Spidey- the Popular namesake/seller

Daken/Wolvie- the Popular namesake/seller

T-bolts:

Norm- the "Leader"/"mandatory"

Penance- the design seller/new character

Mac/Venom- the Popular Namesake/seller

RM- the filler/new character

So yeah. We can technically understand and see their motive for the line-up. This is business, not the favorites-game. Hell, maybe DST doesn't like it themselves. The point is that we are just a small fanbase of collectors. DST is a business and needs to make money. One makes money by selling his/her product. If this is what it takes for them to make and sell new Minimates then so be it. They look great anyway, and we should be thankful we're even getting the characters, and amount of accessories, that we are getting. Just saying from a professional stand-point that is.

I personally love the Mac Venom; it'sa a great design. Why are we fussing over two of the LEAST MADE characters we have anyway?! Hell, technically it isn't another Spidey, and it isn't even another Brock. I'm fine with getting both Venoms. With Norm, we have 2 of him. Both are Goblins, in the SAME COSTUME. The Iron Patriot and just plain old Norman Osbourne are going to be welcomed to my collection. I don't see the problem.

I guess my only problem really is with the Gargan minimate we'll be getting in the Dark Avengers boxset. Which, for the record, looks just like this:

684190-dark_avengers_01.jpg

I also believe Moonstone-dressed-as-classic-Ms-Marvel would've been a better alternative to Gargan-dressed-as-Black-Spidey because I'm pragmatic enough to believe Ares would cost too much (and would probably work in a regular wave as well) and that Sentry and BullHawkseye would only be as good as straight re-releases of the original Sentry and Hawkeye. Besides, in theory MoonstoneMarvel should be easy to do with reused pieces, DST can even use that danged NXM Jean Grey hairpiece for all I care...

Also, IIRC Hasbro is actually releasing a classic Ms Marvel for their 3.75-inch line so there must be a demand for this particular costume.

One thing to keep in mind is that Chuck slipped that they didnt pick the Wonderman and Ms. Marvel designs for the Secret Invasion set for "obvious reasons" and low and behold the Wonderman in that costume showed up now so perhaps Ms. Marvel in her classic togs is already in the chute so to speak.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'm surprised people aren't more keen on the Mac Gargan Venom, if ever there was a variant of a popular character that makes sense this is it. I personally wish more toy companies would follow this approach when it comes to rereleasing popular characters. I too am puzzled about the Dark Avengers set, as it seems like we'll be getting Black Suit Spider-man and Wolverine with only minor alterations, two characters we have definitely got enough of already, but I'll hold off on completely making up my mind until we see control art or the 'mates themselves. I do wish we could have gotten Ares instead of one of those though. And please don't cancel the Scorpion 'mate!! Why God why??

Always the same characters, instead of Mac-Gargan-as-Venom-as-spider-man minimate I prefer a new mate of Ares, or Moonstone and instead of Mac-Gargan-as-Venom-as-spiderman-in-Thunderbolts I prefer Songbird, the Swordsman or Moonstone.