UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel's top 70 covers

SErge

http://www.marvel.com/seventy_years/countdown/voting/

so anyone done this yet, seems like a cool idea, not to mention you get to look at some fantastic artwork

and you get to vote each day for your top 5! already got my votes in for today B)

wow, i'd not seen this... can imagine it'll take up a lot of my time today!

as i've already got some spider-man covers up, i'm going to have a good look and print a load of these off and put them up on my bedroom wall at uni. on good quality paper they look fantastic

I love comics because of the art, and many of my favorite artists (not surprisingly) are well known for doing great covers. I was initially kind of disappointed that I couldn't pick from every cover in the history of Marvel (the lack of Mike Zeck Punisher and Captain America covers is troubling), but I guess that would be a little too much work for the folks working that website :) . Anyway, I am sure that either classics and/or very recent comic covers will win out, but here are my top 5, from what I did see on their site:

1) easy choice: wolviesabretoothbig.jpg

2) secretwars.jpg

3) spiderman.jpg

4) galactus.jpg

5) jimleex-men.jpg

I've always really liked this cover. From the Kang War I believe.

post-1396-1239231659_thumb.jpg

I'm a bit of an X-Men fan,

So i voted for X-Faxtor #1 - the new series. I loved the noir feel to the book & the heavy inking.

I also voted for a Joe Mad cover from the AOA crossover - this was the best cross-over i have read & Joe's art really was a pivotal part of capturing this new, crazy world.

I was a fan of Madureira (spell?) when I was a youngster. I thought his art was similar in some ways to Art Adams, albeit without the detail. One of the main comic covers that I am shocked is not listed is this:

post-1827-1239245097_thumb.png

I'm a bit of an X-Men fan,

So i voted for X-Faxtor #1 - the new series. I loved the noir feel to the book & the heavy inking.

I also voted for a Joe Mad cover from the AOA crossover - this was the best cross-over i have read & Joe's art really was a pivotal part of capturing this new, crazy world.

I love the new X-Factor as well....top to bottom one of my fave books going. As for covers check out the cover for number 15...now that is a wicked cover! story was great too :)

Jeff of the Miniacs