UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Justice League: The New Frontier

I just watched Justice League: The New Frontier and it was pretty confusing... not too good, not too bad.

Something I like: How the movie is

based in the Golden Age, they caught their costumes and stuff pretty well.

Somethings I don't like:

Martian Manhunter's eyes aren't RED!!! Batman's eyes are also messed up, but that's probably just capturing the essence of the Golden Age DCU

What did you think (if you watched or read it)?

Edited by Captain Minimate

I watched some of it on cartoon network,

I too didn't like martian manhunter's eyes, also I didn't like batman's voice in the film...

other than that great story and sweet animation!

The movie was just okay, like everyone's saying, but I can't recommend the books enough. There was just too much stuff in them that they couldn't fit into the movie, plus they had to speed everything up way too much to get through what they did include, so it felt really rushed to me. The slow build-up in the books

-- towards the island attack, and the creation of the JLA --

is much better.

What was brilliant about the comic is that Cooke took all these unrelated events from early DCU continuity and tied them into one big story so well that it makes it all seem retroactively intentional... plus the art's great, which they somewhat translated to the screen.

Edited by battlecat

The book was okay. Way too big, way to confusing, way too many subplots. I liked the art style, i liked the time period, i liked the golden/silver age. But it moved way too slow. That being said, I understand what he was going for, and I can appreciate it, but I feel it from afar though as I barely like DC now, let alone golden age.

The movie was crap. They cut too much out. :/

The book was too confusing with too many subplots, but the movie was crap because they cut too much out? :D

Personally, I enjoyed it for what it was, but thought the idea was better than the end result. I really like the more basic, golden age designs, and the story was an interesting "what if?" tale, but again, it just didn't match some of the greatness that we have previously seen with the "Timmverse" stuff. Maybe our expectations are too high that whatever DC produces should be on par with Batman: the Animated Series or JLU. . .

I liked it too. Of course I am a huge Green Lantern fan so there is a lot for me to like in it.

Have you seen the Brave and the Bold episode with Sinestro, G'Nort, and Guy Gardner? It is really great.