UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Central Quick Custom Contest!

Danny

Hi all,

I am proud to present another Minimates Central Contest.

This time the focus is on quick customs, very simply submit your best quick custom pics and win prizes!

More details on Minimates Central, the Contest page can be found HERE

Any questions, please ask below.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't there be a freeze on the quick-custom list? Or have a rule that you can not submit a quick custom from the list?

I say hey if someone wants to submit somthing from the quick custom list then so be it.... Danny is well aware of that list ;) and it will lessen the persons chances of winning if they steal from it but wont stop the person sending it in have the fun of making it.....

Just my opinion...

BTW Danny are all the entries going to be shown on your site or just the winners? I wanna see what people are sending in :)

T.

All the quick customs will be featured in a gallery.

And yes, I know about the quick-custom lists but just because it features on there doesn't mean that someone hasn't thought it through themselves either. If I said people couldn't do anything from that list I'd get about 2 entires :)

Ahh, a contest after my own heart :wub: Looking forward to seeing the entries!! All new entries will be added to the QC lists too. Also if you think of more QC's, don't be shy, post them in the lists as well and I'll get them added :D

I'm totally in, I'm bad at painting so I've made alot of quick customs.

I have 2 questions:

Accessories, do they have to be pure Minimate (Ie: no items made from Lego's or Gi Joe weapons)?

Also will the entries be judged by total comic book accuracy or style (for example one of my potential entries has the same color scheme as the charcters costume but in diffrent areas because if I went for total accuracy it would come out looking weird)?

Also do you want us to send in a parts recipe along with our entrie?

Oooh some good questions.

"Does a naked Emma Frost count?" - Absolutely. In fact it's probably a contender to win, except you'd probably have to use the Gollum torso piece eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

And more seriously for Andimus's questions:

"Accessories, do they have to be pure Minimate (Ie: no items made from Lego's or Gi Joe weapons)?" - Pure Minimate

"Also will the entries be judged by total comic book accuracy or style?" - Style. Comic book accuracy is nice if you can get it but it's the overall look and style that I will be judging.

"Also do you want us to send in a parts recipe along with our entrie?" - Yes please. It's not mandatory for the contest but will help me :)

Hey Danny,

When are we going to see a Gallery of those that have been entered? -I'm itching to see what they guys have come up with and maybe having some QC pix will inspire others to play along too! :)

T.

Some of those look pretty sweet!

I was just thinking the other day how a Lobo minimate might look - and that one custom is exceptional, especially considering it was made totally of pre-made parts.

Just one question, though - what was the skirt for Supergirl made from? *btw - I think that's probably my favorite of all the entries so far, minus the fact that her skirt doesn't exactly cover her *ahem* ;)