UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possibly the biggest Minimates week yet??

I have no idea how many little blocks are under my avatar, so I'm making this post to view the results.

(Mods, if this is the wrong place to make this post, please move it.)

Edit:

As for this week -- after braving Black Friday at TRU and finding nothing!, I squeezed in time for a second visit this Monday (to two TRUs) only to find empty MiniMate-labeled pegs. Urrrg! This has been a week of frustration for me.

Edited by Cappy

( whatever happened to Mr PL?)

T.

*sets shovel down and starts to wash blood from hands* I'm sorry, what?

Kidding aside, I don't know what happened to him. Several of the old school members have started dropping off the face of the earth. (I wonder if the earth being cube shaped affects the gravitational pull?) I miss the insight that people like MPL offered in regards to the behind the scenes functions of the company, and the images people like Lurch used to post. I wonder if the economy has turned these friends away, or if it is simply a matter of maturing in addition to growing up?

Honestly I cant speak foir Lurch or MPL, but I do know other old hands that left because we lost our original vibe and are now the home to a hoard of people who don't get what this board was all about. I know change was inevitable as we went through our booming growth period but it's like a different place these days and I can see why folks drifted away...

Hell I've often thought of joining them but who would give all you guys crap if I left :)

T.

Hell, I'd do it. I'd need some training but I'd do it.

Man I miss some of our oldtimers. I swear, there are precious few of the true firsts left, outside of the mod team. The ones that come to mind are Luke, TBT, BHM, drgnbrn and JP. Imagine MMMV without those guys. Can't do it can you? Neither can I. Man, it just hit me how much the board has changed since I arrived:

New Format, Ady "Don't Call Me Andy" Carter giving control to Shanester, MMC Closing, MMC Reopening. MMC Struggling to catch up on reviews since reopening, SSP, Silver Jet, and the decline of member quality, and now TBT threatening to leave. Don't do it man. You guys are the glue that holds this forum together. The mod team and the almost mod team.

You Rock TBT :buttrock::thumbsup:

And out of curiosity, what does post count really matter? Is it a prestige thing, is it a piss of Timbo knda thing or is it something else entirely? Do rewards come to those with the most posts?

Edited by Trekker 42

well, it seems since my joining that everyone's gripes began, so i will be in a self-imposed exile until the damage my arrival caused is undone. also, because marvel storylines suck, and i don't want to infect the multiverse with the crap that is put out (i.e. secret invasion, dark reign, initiative, loeb, loeb, loeb, ultimates) btw, this exile will probably last a few minutes, i don't think i can be away that long

Hell, I'd do it. I'd need some training but I'd do it.

Man I miss some of our oldtimers. I swear, there are precious few of the true firsts left, outside of the mod team. The ones that come to mind are Luke, TBT, BHM, drgnbrn and JP. Imagine MMMV without those guys. Can't do it can you? Neither can I. Man, it just hit me how much the board has changed since I arrived:

New Format, Ady "Don't Call Me Andy" Carter giving control to Shanester, MMC Closing, MMC Reopening. MMC Struggling to catch up on reviews since reopening, SSP, Silver Jet, and the decline of member quality, and now TBT threatening to leave. Don't do it man. You guys are the glue that holds this forum together. The mod team and the almost mod team.

You Rock TBT :buttrock::thumbsup:

And out of curiosity, what does post count really matter? Is it a prestige thing, is it a piss of Timbo kinda thing or is it something else entirely? Do rewards come to those with the most posts?

Lol Lets not make this into a high drama TBT is going to quit daytime soap opera! Or are you working on negative psychology and trying to use it to finally get shot of me :blink:

I'm also amused by the almost mod team comment. I probably do test the line sometimes but I shouldn't need to go off on my 'special moments' or rant, the mods here are very laid back and let people police themselves and for the most part it works. I guess my rants are more of a timely reminder that we do sometimes have to check our behaviour or we end up with just being another online mess.

On a more positive note I am pleased that the helping a brother out vibe that is pretty much a trademark of this place is still strong, even with with some who take advantage of it ( you know who you are and Karma is a bitch!) and ever swelling numbers of newbies. It's good that people who tend to stay take some time to adjust to the fact most of us aren't here to big ourselves up or get our kicks from tormenting those who are new to the world of Mini's but to help each other and enjoy the hobby we share.

As for old school people, funny how we see that differently, I agree on Luke but I would have given that status to Cappy, Ivan or pretty much anyone from the old AA days rather than BHM who is a spring chicken in board terms (if not reality!) :P

T.

p.s. waits for BHM's inevitable springboard pun.

I swear, there are precious few of the true firsts left, outside of the mod team. The ones that come to mind are Luke, TBT, BHM, drgnbrn and JP.

Yeah, someone thinks I'm a true first! And yeah, I'm here enough to be included on a list!

What can I say, the mods do a great job and the people here are great. Some of them have even spoken to me in person! At least I was sober enough to think I was speaking to MMMV people! (TBT is either a green goblin with purple hair or a dude who likes to wear Princess Leia bikinis. Not entirely sure which).

TBT is either a green goblin with purple hair or a dude who likes to wear Princess Leia bikinis. Not entirely sure which.

Different days, different outfits! Although if you try coping a feel like last time again then I'm not wearing the bikini around you again!

T.

well, it seems since my joining that everyone's gripes began, so i will be in a self-imposed exile until the damage my arrival caused is undone. also, because marvel storylines suck, and i don't want to infect the multiverse with the crap that is put out (i.e. secret invasion, dark reign, initiative, loeb, loeb, loeb, ultimates) btw, this exile will probably last a few minutes, i don't think i can be away that long

If you go kill Loeb, all will be forgiven. But wait until he finishes Captain America: White. That one actually looks pretty good.

Hey Timbo,

I was only saying to 'asshighroller' the other day that "things ain't like they used to be" :lol:

Now that's a character I've missed ,HAR ......but once I get my telescopic sight I won't miss him again.

You are 'daytime soap opera' without the benefit of the occasional ad-break or the blessing of a 'mute' button on my remote.

It's also true that perhaps I am over the hill but at least I can say I've been up the hill .

If I can however put my serious head on for a second & just say that I've met some really great people here on the MMMV .......& you. :P

God bless you ,you miserable ol' git.

Hugs from Rob.

Man I miss some of our oldtimers. I swear, there are precious few of the true firsts left, outside of the mod team. The ones that come to mind are Luke, TBT, BHM, drgnbrn and JP. Imagine MMMV without those guys. Can't do it can you? Neither can I.

I was a member on the old AA Forums and have been a daily-visiting member here for over two years. (I jumped from the closed AA boards and joined here as soon as TBT! contacted his trusty padawan to let me know where we regrouped) Where's my shout out? <_<

And TBT, I'll take over bustin' some rookie chops if you need a break. I start posts very similar to your "grumpy" ones all the time in response to some of the nonsense on here, but end up deleting them before posting. Out of respect for the "old vibe" that has been mentioned, I refrain to keep the peace. :)