UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possibly the biggest Minimates week yet??

Okay, let's review what this week has brought us:

LCS' got in the SDCC IMTTA and Invaders sets

LCS' might have/be getting in Star Trek Wave 5

TRU gave us TWO exclusive movie packs

TRU gave us Wave 24 (minus variant) early

Did i miss anything??

Seriously, that is a helluva lot of mates for one week. I'm almost flat broke. Wait...*checks wallet* damn. I AM flat broke. :(

Opinions, comments, concerns?? :)

Ahhhh. So it wasn't just my LCS that got Iron Man Through The Ages. Interesting.

...two exclusive movie packs? :blink: I must be missing something. I thought there was just the Stealth Iron Man/Gauntlet Tony Stark pack.

And thank God TBT!'s not a mod. ;) How is this thread spam? This has been an extraordinary week, and Two-Face was just sharing his excitement and gratification over a solid week of Minimates--WITHOUT using hick's apostrophes or tons of exclamation points. Isn''t that what this forums about? :)

Plus, if we/management was so worried about having "thread clutter," wouldn't there be some kind of housecleaning of old/unnecessary threads every month or so (or something like that?). Just a thought.

Edited by Alpheon

Ahhhh. So it wasn't just my LCS that got Iron Man Through The Ages. Interesting.

...two exclusive movie packs? :blink: I must be missing something. I thought there was just the Stealth Iron Man/Gauntlet Tony Stark pack.

And thank God TBT!'s not a mod. ;) How is this thread spam? This has been an extraordinary week, and Two-Face was just sharing his excitement and gratification over a solid week of Minimates--WITHOUT using hick's apostrophes or tons of exclamation points. Isn''t that what this forums about? :)

Plus, if we/management was so worried about having "thread clutter," wouldn't there be some kind of housecleaning of old/unnecessary threads every month or so (or something like that?). Just a thought.

[Helpfull]

The other pack that was exclusive was the hulk/abom pack, not for the actual figures but for the fact they were packed together.

[/Helpfull]

[Rant]

But seeing as you asked... yes this thread is pointless, everything discussed here is already in other threads and there was no need to start a new one.

Other examples today are the multiple threads for the brick arms topic ( one would have done nicely) and perhaps even Max carnage's IM Pix thread, which could have easily been put into one of the existing threads about either Wave 21 or the stealth pack.

Its bad enough getting people to search for stuff rather than posting the same half a dozen questions over and over without having a myriad of extra threads there for no reason other than people are too fucking lazy to check and see if something already exists!

I don't know if you guys understand forum etiquette but starting new topics should really be just that a new topic, not just "I can't be bothered to look so I'll put my random shit here!"

You'll also note it wasn't I that posted the SPAM Icon but another member.

So yeah be greatful I'm not a Mod or some folks would be seeing a lot more 'tough love'.

[/Rant]

T.

Tim (rather grouchily) makes a valid point. There does seem to be a bit of attention seeking, a lot of 'me too' and sometimes I suspect a huge amount of our old friend 'bump up my post count' going on in these forums.

It also seems that some members think the moderator team are an easy target and kick out against them at the drop of a hat either in public or by PM.

You know who you are!

I love this place. It's one of the friendliest forums I've ever been a member of, but, perhaps even more importantly here, forum etiquette should be observed at all times.

If you don't police yourselves then we (the staff) will be forced to take a more pro-active approach. On other forums that would equate to 'piss off the mods, get yourself banned' It really is that simple.

Twisted Two Face: Tim wasn't rude in the first instance. He merely pointed out that there was no need for you to have started this thread. He is correct.

Alpheon: If we cleared up the 'clutter' this place would be so streamlined it'd look like a long distance runner.

It's full of clutter but if we cleared it up we'd be accused of all sorts of shenanigans. Believe me, it's happened before.

Tim: Be a bit nicer when dealing with the kids. They do tend to throw their toys out of the pram a bit too quick.

Finally if anyone's thinking about giving me a hard time about this over PM? Think again! Another meaning for 'Staff' is 'effing big stick' give me any grief and I'll beat you to death with it.

That is all.

Tim: Be a bit nicer when dealing with the kids. They do tend to throw their toys out of the pram a bit too quick.

That is all.

Sorry Rad, I just get frustrated that standards here are slipping and it escapes as the occasional rant!

I'll try harder to not be quite so grumpy when pointing stuff out in future! :)

T.

Sorry Rad, I just get frustrated that standards here are slipping and it escapse as the occasional rant! I"ll try harder to not be quote so grumpy when pointing stuff out in future! :)

T.

Now you're almost begging for BHM to jump in and call you on your bad grammar and spelling. Are you drunk again? Wait, were you ever not drunk?

Now you're almost begging for BHM to jump in and call you on your bad grammar and spelling. Are you drunk again? Wait, were you ever not drunk?

More to do with the fact I just woke up and my brain isn't up to speed yet.

T.

p.s. Sobriety is overrated.

To perhaps make this thread a bit more constructive, while at the same time more frustrating to TBT! since it has nothing to do with the topic, and thus makes navigating more difficult. . .one thing I've seen on multiple boards is mods talking about how members' attempts to increase post counts is an issue that is frowned upon. Personally, I post a lot, but don't give 2 craps about a "post count." If this is really a concern, then have you considered getting rid of the little boxes below each poster's avatar?

To perhaps make this thread a bit more constructive, while at the same time more frustrating to TBT! since it has nothing to do with the topic, and thus makes navigating more difficult. . .one thing I've seen on multiple boards is mods talking about how members' attempts to increase post counts is an issue that is frowned upon. Personally, I post a lot, but don't give 2 craps about a "post count." If this is really a concern, then have you considered getting rid of the little boxes below each poster's avatar?

Amusingly I dont have any frustrations with you pushing this topic further, because A) you have valid questions and B ) this topic has now become sort of worthwhile albeit with a completely confusing title :)

As for count bumping, People do it and it was the reason actual post counts were removed from being displayed in favor of the slightly more obscure bars we see these days. High post counts arent an issue if the poster adds something to the thread or has something worthwhile to say, sadly that seems less and less the case.

What I think Rad is getting at is that there are those whose who feel they must post in every topic on a given day and you look at the updated topics and see a wall of one persons name and then open the threads to find their posting is little more than then saying me too or look at me I can post without adding anything.

Everyone has two word or silly posts occasionally, what frustrates is that it is the norm for some.

In summary I'd like to quote Mr PL's old phrase "post less, say more" ( whatever happened to Mr PL?)

T.

( whatever happened to Mr PL?)

T.

*sets shovel down and starts to wash blood from hands* I'm sorry, what?

Kidding aside, I don't know what happened to him. Several of the old school members have started dropping off the face of the earth. (I wonder if the earth being cube shaped affects the gravitational pull?) I miss the insight that people like MPL offered in regards to the behind the scenes functions of the company, and the images people like Lurch used to post. I wonder if the economy has turned these friends away, or if it is simply a matter of maturing in addition to growing up?

( whatever happened to Mr PL?)

T.

*sets shovel down and starts to wash blood from hands* I'm sorry, what?

Kidding aside, I don't know what happened to him. Several of the old school members have started dropping off the face of the earth. (I wonder if the earth being cube shaped affects the gravitational pull?) I miss the insight that people like MPL offered in regards to the behind the scenes functions of the company, and the images people like Lurch used to post. I wonder if the economy has turned these friends away, or if it is simply a matter of maturing in addition to growing up?

Honestly I cant speak foir Lurch or MPL, but I do know other old hands that left because we lost our original vibe and are now the home to a hoard of people who don't get what this board was all about. I know change was inevitable as we went through our booming growth period but it's like a different place these days and I can see why folks drifted away...

Hell I've often thought of joining them but who would give all you guys crap if I left :)

T.

Honestly I cant speak foir Lurch or MPL, but I do know other old hands that left because we lost our original vibe and are now the home to a hoard of people who don't get what this board was all about. I know change was inevitable as we went through our booming growth period but it's like a different place these days and I can see why folks drifted away...

Lurch had commitments elsewhere which meant he couldn't devote as much time to us as he used to.

PL just disappeared. I hadn't thought about him in ages but I do miss his posting. :D

Hell I've often thought of joining them but who would give all you guys crap if I left :)

T.

Ah come on, you wouldn't would ya? It really wouldn't be the same without our resident curmudgeon. ;)

MisterPL is over at the DC Direct boards. I think his first love was always DC Minimates, and he is keeping up the good fight over there. He is not letting DC Minimates die. I bump the Minimates thread over there every now and then, but MPL remains a regular.

Reminds me that I have some more cardbacks to send out.

T.

Hey T.

I don't know know if I qualify as an old timer or not, but I was here before the site changed. and remember the postings of MrPL and some of the other legends around here. You mention how it has changed, do you think there is anything we can do to bring things back, or are we faced with old man ... it was better im my days mentality?

I will be the first to admit, I get more frustrated than anyone at newbies who post complete garbage over and over and over again Super Spidey Piggy please stand up.

At the same time, I always look forward to someone new who can bring something fun to the table...whether it be designs like Chaz or Minimate Goofy pics....

So what can we do to bring things around?

moc847

MisterPL is over at the DC Direct boards. I think his first love was always DC Minimates, and he is keeping up the good fight over there. He is not letting DC Minimates die. I bump the Minimates thread over there every now and then, but MPL remains a regular.

Reminds me that I have some more cardbacks to send out.

Hehe BTW your cardback shinanigans aren't wasted, When we pinned Georg Brewer in a corner at SDCC and asked about DC mini's he said that it was dead but that one nutter kept sending him proof of purchases which he said impressed him with their persistence but also scared him a little!

T.

T.

This place really would be different without you here. And to avoid the inevitable big gay hug, how about that local sports team, huh?