UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney Villains

Trekker 42

Everybody loves Disney. That's just a fact. Even if you won't admit it publically, you know that Dusney is a guilty pleasure. You know it from when you were a kid and as an adult you share it with the younger generation.

And wha do we love about Disney as we get older? Is it the whiney and sickeningly incorruptable hero? Is it the annoyingly helpless princess who always needs someone to rescue her?

No. It is that pure personification of Bad-assness, the Disney Villain. There is no doubt that Disney has created soe of the most memorable and awesome villains ever, not to mention the most fun to watch. And they're perfectly suited for top 5 or 10 lists. So there are a few topics I wanted to see your opinion on:

1. Top Disney Villains

2. Top Disney Villain songs (and yes, Cruella De Vil counts even though she didn't sing it. And "That's what friends are for" doesn't ven though Shere Khan did have a part)

3. Top Disney Villain vs Disney Hero fights

4. Top Disney Villain Quote

Don't answer all if you don't want to. I just figured it would be a fun topic.

Here's my list with reasons why

Villains (in order):

10. Gaston. He was just fun to watch.

9. The Horned King. the movie overall sucked, but god, this guy was creepy. And he had a Zombie Army. What other villain could say that?

8. Shere Khan. Honestly, Shere Khan was no better than the Horned King, but he goes up a notch because I liked his movie.

7. Ursula. Giant squid witch. Nuff said.

6. Chernabog. Here I shall commit blasphemy. I did not like Fantasia. not at all. But the pure bad-assedness of this sequence can't be ignored. And isn't that what Villains are all about?

5. The Queen. The one who started it all. For pure importance of being the first Disney film villain, she ges #5

4. Jean Claude Frollo. I have to say that Jean Claude Frollo is the most realistic villain. He has no magical powers, nothing to make him stand out as more powerful than the normal person, but he still manages to be one of the scariest enemies out there. The thing that makes Frollo so evil is the fact that he bowed to human desires and let them overtake him which led to suffering for all.

3. Scar. The Claudius to Simba's Hamlet and a lion Hitler to boot. Why WOULDN"T Scar be #3?

2. Man. Ah, the Hunter. Now we get to one of my absolute favorites. I have to say that the Huter was one of the characters I most despised throughout my life. How cruel could you get, killing little Bambi's mother? And what made him even better is that you never saw him. One of the most horrible, senseless murders in the entire word of movies (you know this is true) and the culprit is the everyman. Seen from the eyes of the animals, hunting is murder. and we see that horror happen in the movie. We shed a tear for little Bambi. And then it hits us. WE caused that death. The hunter was not a specific hunter. and he was never beaten by the end of the movie. He was an unknown threat. A constant danger. And he was never defeated.

1. Now how do you top the killer of Bambi's mother? You have to be the cruelest of the cruel. The meanest of the mean. The worst of the worst. And it helps to turn into a dragon. Yes my number 1 is none other than the Mistress of All Evil: Maleficent. This lady is the epitome of Badass. She turned into a dragon for God's sake. You don't mess with that.

Top Villain Songs

6. Gaston. This was beyond rediculous but so damn funny. Had to give it a spot.

5. Prince Ali Reprise. Yes, th absolute deconstruction of Aladdin's little sham all in a fun little diddy. Love it

4. Cruella De Vil. Freaking awesome song. and socatchy.

3. Poor Unfortunate Souls. I don't know why this one stands out to me but it does. It's freaking cool.

2. Be Prepared. Nazi hyenas. a rather catchy song. and an evil plot to end all evil plots.

1. Hellfire. Ah yes. Frollo's song. This one stood out because of the sheer power of the lyrics. It shows what kind of person Frollo is. In fact, it really shows that he doesn't even know he's evil. He believes he's in the right, which makes him even more dangerous. People who know they're doing the wrong thing may actually get to a point and stop. On the other hand, those who think they're doing right will never stop until they're done. And its a very mature song. I never got it when I was younger. I never understood the whole blasted movie, but now that I do it's even scarier.

Best Fights

5. Tarzan vs Clayton. What a great way to kill a villain, have him kill himself. And seriously, that hunt was epic.

4. Ursula vs Eirc. He implaed her with a freaking ship. Doesn't get much cooler than that.

3. Aladdin vs Jafar. Pretty much any fight where the villain transforms into something huge is awesome. Hence the next fight

2. Maleficent vs Prince Phillip. As I've already praised Maleficent's Dragonness, I'll just go on.

1. What could beat a man with an enchanted sword fighting a freaking Dragon? the final battle of what is considered one of the finest Disney films of them all: The Lion King. Yes, Simba vs Scar. I still consider this to be the ultimate Battle Royale, on par with Luke vs Vader in The Empire Strikes Back. So epically constructed that I have to use a word I hardly ever use: Disneyrific.

Best Quotes. Now these I won't tell you where they're from. I'll see how many you guys can guess

5. "Be a man"

4. "And thank you for entertaining my victim"

3. "And he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit!"

2. "And now shall you deal with me O Prince and all the powers of Hell."

1. "Long Live the KING"

That just about does it for me. Now lets hear from you. Who is the epitome of Badassness? Which villain is the best of the best?

Okay, new rule. Name the frickin movie! because I (thank goodness) haven't seen every Disney movie ever made. I don't know who or what a Frolo is. :P Wasn't he that Gypsy dude from Hunchback of Notra Dame? I've never seen it.

I don't do songs, but have you noticed how many Disney Villains fall to their death? Put an * by each one. You'll be surprised.

10) Shan Yu (Mulan - 1998)

Okay, the movie was totally inaccurate. And slightly offensive. Okay, he was a cheap knock off of Atilla the Hun. Okay, so this movie came out right in the middle of Disney's height of power as well as being smeared in the media. What's your point? it's still a great movie and Shan Yu is one to be reckoned with. He leads an army. He razes a military outpost to the ground. He's got a badass sword and a falcon that puts Iago to shame. He kills guys! And the only thing standing in his way to unimaginable glory, is a cross dresser and some lizard that Came to America, traded places, and hung out with an Ogre.

9) Ratigan* (The Great Mouse Detective - 1986)

Someone who is trying to be what he's not. A lot of times we call villains rats. In this case it's apt. Ratigan, again, uses his mind. The very fact that he can out whit the squeaky incarnation of Sherlock Holmes proves that he's not one to be tangled with. Able to out think, out manuver and out play even the greatest detective himself, Ratigan almost succeeds in taking over the empire itself. If it weren't for that kids and that stupid dog, he would have gotten away with it too! In the end, he proves himself to be more mouse than man, and reverts to his baser, feral instincts in an all out attack on his enemy that ended in his death.

8) Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians - 1961)

Can we could the live action version with Glenn Close? No? But, but, but Glenn Close! No? Fine! *ahem* Possibly the only villain that's remembered more for their song than for their character themselves, and that's saying a lot. Let's see, she wants to kidnap puppies, kill them, skin them, and wear them as a coat. Um... WOW. She's a puppy killer. Are we done here? You sure? We're done.

Still no Glenn Close?

7) Jafar* (Aladdin - 1993)

Holy crap I'm so old. So why is Jafar so far down on the list? I have no idea. The man is purely awesome. I love his interaction with Iago (Jonathan Freeman and the brilliant Gilbert Gottfried) and the two just make an awesome pair. Jaraf is devious, mainly allowing his mind to work for him in his bid for power. Even as a sorcerer, he still uses his mind more than his strength. In the end, he is only out done by his lust for power and a perceived threat to his own.

6) Hades (Hercules - 1997)

I didn't get to see this one in theaters. While we learned about Greek mythology in school, my parents didn't feel that it was anything that should be taken lightly, or confused as the truth. Now, an an adult, I LOVE this movie! James Woods in amazing. Hades is the man with the plan. And he actually pulls it off too, if not for one of the best Disney Dames in history. Blast. Stupid women. Best laid plans and all that.

5) Gaston* (Beauty and the Beast - 1991)

The one guy on here who's not really a "villian" so much as he's the protagonist. He's arrogent, self absorbed and narsistic, but that doesn't make one evil. He loves Belle (and who can blame him? she's hot) and wants her for his own. He's a ladies man, a mans man, a man about town. He buys rounds for people at the local tavern. So why is this outstanding gentleman on this list? In short, he's a jerk. Like I said, he's the protagonist. If he can't have Belle, he doesn't want the Beast to have her either. He sets out to do what any self respecting mid evil frenchman would do: kill the Beast. sure, it might be because he wants belle, but he also honestly thinks he's doing the world a favor, eliminating an interspecies marriage becore they can have demon spawn. And what does he get for his troubles? A long walk off a short gargoyle. Thatnks a lot! Oh well, it's his own fault really. He forgot how slippery those midevil castles can be in the rain.

4) Hopper (A Bug's Life - 1998)

A "motorcycle gang" leader, he showed himself to be smarter than all the rest of his lackeys, and all the other bugs and ants, save one. He wasn't afraid to resort to intimidations, threats and even so far as murder. Sure, he let Thumper do a lot of the messy, chitin cracking work, but he wasn't afraid to go after Flick himself in the end. I don't know if he should get more credit for being mean or smart.

3) Shere Khan (The Jungle Book - 1967)

My favorite Disney movie (If you don't count the Incredibles) It is nothing like Kipling's stories, but it is still amazing in it's own right. In the book he was lame in one paw, but in the movie, he was paramount of nature's bridled power. I'll never forget that scene where he's stalking the gazelle. The animation is so smooth and so perfect. He was always my favorite character as a kid. As a villain, his goal is simple: kill the man cub. Otherwise he will grow up and become a threat to Khan's food and possibly even to khan himself. It is not a matter of good vs evil, but rather nature vs nurture.

2) Scar (Lion King - 1994)

Jeremy Irons. Enough said. My personal favorite. Even if the movie was a rip off of Kimba the White Lion.

1) Maleficent* (Sleeping Beauty- 1959)

Best. Villainess. EVER. I don't care who you are, or where you're from. She might have scared you as a child, she might not have. It doesn't matter. She was the tops. Brilliant, powerful, pure evil. She knew what she wanted and took it. She also gets credit as being the most powerful sorceress ever (Jafar was a sorcerer. subtle distinction. :P ). She's also the only the only one that ever cursed! "Now, shall you deal with ME, O Prince, And all the powers of HELL!" She's from Hell! She said it! In 1959! Now that's evil!

Okay, Trekker, I'll play. And no fair looking up the answers!

5) Mulan (song)

4) Jungle Book (Shere Khan)

3) HoND? (Frolo?)

2) Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent FTW!)

1) Lion King (Scar)

Okay, my turn.

5) "No spots! No spots at all!"

4) "And I'm roughly the size of a barge!"

3) "Memo to me, Memo to me: Maim you after my meeting!"

2) "How many men does it take to deliver a message?"

1) "Precisely."

Carp. I'm gona have Disney songs stuck in my head all Day.

WRONG! "Be a man" is from Tarzan. Here's the scene. I believe he was on the boat and Tarzan grabs a gun and points it at Clayton.

Clayton-"Go on, shoot me. Be a man."

Tarzan- "Not a man like YOU!" (Throws gun aside)

Frollo is the Judge/Pirest from Hunchback of Notre Dame. And why haven't you seen every Disney movie ever. I'm pretty damn close, just lacking the Great Mouse Detective, the Rescuers and Rescuers Down Under in the animated versions. As for live action, God only knows. I really don't care though. Oh and after seeing Fantasia, I've made up my mind to completely skip Fantasia 2000.

And as for your quotes I know a few:

5) This has got to be Cruella. I'm just not completely sure

4) Gaston: Beauty and the Beast

3) Hades from Hercules

2) Shan Yu. This one was particularly brutal. That messenger got OWNED!

1) Scar I think.

Well, the only Disney Films I ever watched were Peter Pan, The Lion King, Toy Story, and Aladdin... so I'll just rank those ones. My friend always tells me how I only like the "boy" movies.

Anyhow...

4. Sid.

--He was a mean bully... and I felt bad for his sister to have such a destructive older brother.

3. Jafar.

--The guy was on a power trip. He kept needing to be more and more powerful... until it basically screwed him over. Plus he had his inappropriate advances towards Jasmine behind the Sultan's back, and who knows how many people died for him after being consumed by the Cave of Wonders.

2. Captain Hook.

--We all know Captain Hook was bad. He never keeps a promise, and he is willing to hurt young children for his cause. Heck, he repeatedly tried to drown young girls (Wendy & Tiger Lily).

3. Scar.

--While he didn't try to drown young girls (as far as we know), Scar did indirectly murdered his brother and attempted to murder his nephew. All just to be king. He also let the Hyenas take over Pride Rock, and made life miserable for all. On top of that, he betrayed his family, as well as the Hyenas. The guy could not be trusted, he had no decency whatsoever. He also wins for best song: "Be Prepared," where he explicitly sings delightfully about murdering Mufasa and Simba.

Worst Uncle Ever.

3. Scar.

--While he didn't try to drown young girls (as far as we know), Scar did indirectly murdered his brother and attempted to murder his nephew. All just to be king. He also let the Hyenas take over Pride Rock, and made life miserable for all. On top of that, he betrayed his family, as well as the Hyenas. The guy could not be trusted, he had no decency whatsoever. He also wins for best song: "Be Prepared," where he explicitly sings delightfully about murdering Mufasa and Simba.

Worst Uncle Ever.

He DIRECTLY murdered his brother! Scar stabbed Mufasa in the paws while he was struggling to get up the cliff, shouting for help. He looked Mufasa in the eyes and said "Long Live the King" and let go, causing Mufasa to fall into the wildebeast stampede. Had Scar not stabbed him and thrown him off, Mufasa probably would have been able to hang on long enough for the wildebeast to leave completely or he may have actually been able to climb onto the cliff ledge itself. Scar KILLED him directly.

Hi, I'm Trekker 42 and I have been overobsessed with Disney for most of my life. I admit that I have a problem.

3. Scar.

Worst Uncle Ever.

He DIRECTLY murdered his brother! Scar stabbed Mufasa in the paws while he was struggling to get up the cliff, shouting for help. He looked Mufasa in the eyes and said "Long Live the King" and let go, causing Mufasa to fall into the wildebeast stampede. Had Scar not stabbed him and thrown him off, Mufasa probably would have been able to hang on long enough for the wildebeast to leave completely or he may have actually been able to climb onto the cliff ledge itself. Scar KILLED him directly.

Hi, I'm Trekker 42 and I have been overobsessed with Disney for most of my life. I admit that I have a problem.

Oh you are completely correct. I forgot about that scene, I was just thinking about how Mufasa got trampled by the stampede. That gives extra emphasis on how evil Scar was.