UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of Marvel Minimates wave 22

MINI_MYTE

picked up the wave yesterday, not the most exciting..... i could have used the money for ironman and waited. however, i made a few changes to the hulks/abomb.

th_PICT0616.jpg

th_PICT0620.jpg

th_PICT0621.jpg

i shortened the hulks "duck feet" and gave regular hulk longer pants. I used citadel foundation paint gnarloc green and hormagaunt purple, both with pretty much match perfect.

for abomb, i sculpted and painted all the "bone"

SAME HERE!! :verymad: Mine didnt have them either, but they had every DC set so i picked up the ones i needed :tongue: but i was still sad... ( If you live near Pittsburgh PA come and get them before they go back :P )

What comic shop are you near? Might want to pick up some DC's for customs.

At parkway center mall in GreenTree just outside of Pittsburgh

SAME HERE!! :verymad: Mine didnt have them either, but they had every DC set so i picked up the ones i needed :tongue: but i was still sad... ( If you live near Pittsburgh PA come and get them before they go back :P )

What comic shop are you near? Might want to pick up some DC's for customs.

At parkway center mall in GreenTree just outside of Pittsburgh

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my set of these this morning. Never been a real fan of the movie hero figures they just never seem to hit the spot, that being said the IM set does look to be the exception.

Ok back to the Hulk wave From the proto figures I saw there was never any figure that really caught my attention and now I have have them I kinda feel the same way. Some are better some are worse but all in all it a bit mehh all around.

The two Hulk figures to me are darker then the box photos and the skin colour and pants colour seem to merge together giving no real snap to the figures. The main Hulk just looks sullen, wheres the action whatever this is the main character and theres nothing to him in this figure just some bad hair and look like he's been sent to his room..

Betty and Bruce could be any generic figure in the street. I understand it is hard to capture likeness but I dont see any likeness there anywhere. Gen Ross is better but that's only because of the uniform

Abom looks better then the first photos and for me the Abom, Emil box is prob the best set of the wave. I'm not raving about this pack its just better then the rest of a lackluster wave.

My comic book store did get these in; they were a week late, whatever. The owner was telling how weird it was to get platoon and DSS on time but the hulk movies mates come a week late.

Any who I got the abom and emil set. I really like those guys. The mechanics of abom (how they make him so tall) are odd, epically looking at him from the side. But front on he is a badass even with his “duck feet”. Emil is cool too the gun, while not fitting in his hand too well, is a nice touch and the night vision goggles are sweet! (I never got the silence pack ) after looking at the pictures I don’t think I will be getting the rest of the wave I feel I already have enough hulks (and I didn’t even buy smart hulk!) but my LCS does have them so if anyone wants the hulk or battle damaged hulk PM ASAP because I would not mind a Betty or Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone else get a General Ross with his right sleeve "rolled up"?

DSCN2448.jpg

It looks like the plastic is the color it should be, so I may just get some paint remover, and take the flesh off.

Odd.

No, but that is wierd and cool at the same time! Looks you got a variant-variant, my friend, and meh likes the cigar. :lol:

Nice find, and though it may just be your camera, is your Ross' suit really that color? Mines closer to a dark blue/green than being that bright.

I don't own this wave yet but the only figure that I like is the gen. ross one. He can be either movie or 616.

Yep, Ross is quite awesome, and works well with the comic book based Hulks as well.

Just got my set in a few days ago. I really was surprised with Abomination. He isn't spot on to his movie likeness, but he makes an awesome minimate. Blonsky was pretty good, and I was even impressed with Betty Ross who looks just like Liv Tyler. My least favorite of the wave were the Hulk minis. Oh well. Still a good wave.