UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Figma figures!

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I'm pleased with Icarus, as I don't actually like Nintendo..... As do the 5th anniversary blanks.

I’m on the fence about Pitt (not “Kid Icarus”, unless we’re going to start calling Samus “Metroid” and Link “Zelda”) he’s one of my mains in Smash Brothers and would look pretty cool on my shelf being antagonized by Play Arts Kratos... but unless I get confirmation we’re getting Mario Brothers characters or a Pikachu or some of the other big Smash Brothers characters he’d just be a $70 Angelboy Kratos is punching or the 3rd wheel at Samus and Link’s awesome party.

Blanks how ever... I’ve been using Lum as an artist armature since she’s more poseable then the wooden ones, having one without hair would be a HUGE plus. I want a blank figma so much!

I am still kicking myself 5 years later for missing the transparent ones. :(

http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/figma.html

04_56_1.jpg

I don’t normally order from Japanese based websites (I’m lazy and just order from American sites that import for me even though I know I’m paying $70 for something I could get for much less by doing some ground work) how much is 2,500 yen? Is it still roughly $25 American or has the current economy made it different, and how much am I going to be f’ed in the a on shipping?

I’m on the fence about Pitt (not “Kid Icarus”, unless we’re going to start calling Samus “Metroid” and Link “Zelda”)

Can't speak for Dino, but I was referring to the game not the character in my post -- and if we're going to get picky it's "Pit" not "Pitt" :thumbsup:

Edited by battlecat

After my last post, I actually bought the Koto Mega Man, and will hopefully have time to assemble him soon!

I’m on the fence about Pitt (not “Kid Icarus”, unless we’re going to start calling Samus “Metroid” and Link “Zelda”)

Is that totally true though? Icarus was the mythological character that attached wings to his back with wax. So, Kid Icarus is just another name for Pit, no? Whereas Metroids are the enemies in Metroid, and Zelda is the princess in Zelda, so they are completely different characters. . .or does Pit fight some enemy named "Kid Icarus" at some point? I never got that far in that annoying game, though I had it, and he's a classic NES character so I'll be tempted.

Are there pics of these superheroes you are referring to somewhere, TM2?

I don’t normally order from Japanese based websites (I’m lazy and just order from American sites that import for me even though I know I’m paying $70 for something I could get for much less by doing some ground work) how much is 2,500 yen? Is it still roughly $25 American or has the current economy made it different, and how much am I going to be f’ed in the a on shipping?

It's going to set you back about $30. Shipping should be $10-$15, depending on what they have.

No pics yet on the Marvel stuff. There's a spiderman floating around out there, but it's Mediacom, not Max Factory.

Not Figma, but I got my Mega Man in anticipation of Samus and Link. Pretty awesome little figure actually. Took me about an hour and a half to put him together though. I guess that's the tradeoff when he costs $30 instead of $60-70.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025-2.jpg

I got it from a place called Bazillion Dreams for $30 shipped using Amazon Prime. And I did whittle those little spots down pretty good believe it or not. Did you literally use sand paper on this guy? Seems like that would do more harm than good.

• 1 month later...

"Good Smile Company will be at NYCC!

Rejoice East coast fans! Good Smile Company will be at New York Comic Con! Yes it’s our first booth at a convention in the US and we’re very happy to be bringing the joys and wonder of Good Smile Company to the US fans! We’ll also be selling some fabulous figures and Danny Choo’s amazing Japanese learning tool; Moekana! Make sure you come by booth 3021 at New York Comic Con Obtober 11-14th! I’ll be posting more news about NYCC such as what amazing figures we’ll be bringing and even fun stuff from our booth! Make sure you follow me on twitter for all the latest updates! "

I got Samus in the mail last week, and damn is she small. Much smaller than I was hoping for, and way too small to be posed with that Mega Man. Still seemed like a great figure, but I resold her on eBay right away.