UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman Movie Masters

Trekker 42

• 3 weeks later...

Dude... That Two-Face is fucking perfect. I never thought they could pull the burned look off in any kind of toy, but they freaking did it!

Dude... That Two-Face is fucking perfect. I never thought they could pull the burned look off in any kind of toy, but they freaking did it!

It is probably the best Two-face figure that i have ever seen by far, especially considering the liekness to Eckhart. Although, i must say, the un-burnt version has some interesting choice in hairstyles. But, i can live with it.

Joker on the other hand is a very big improvement over what we have been given. The face is so much better than the other movie versions, and it doesn't look like a "permanent condition" from falling into a vat of chemicals. It actually looks like Mr. J's poor taste in make-up.

Both look amazing, and i may just have to invest in my first movie masters.

If anybody is interested in more quality pictures of the Two-Face(Damn I want that thing), here are some pretty good ones from Toynewsi.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=13557

This thing looks simply amazing. I'd choose Two-Face over Joker in a heartbeat. It's not that the Joker is bad, it's just that the Two-Face is the best thing ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Movie Masters Batpod today from Target. I wrestled for about 10 minutes as to whether it was worth paying 20 dollars for something like this, but now that I've opened it and put my Batman on it, there was no question that I made the right call. It is freakin' awesome. This is how I heard about it:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102208a.htm

I got the Movie Masters Batpod today from Target. I wrestled for about 10 minutes as to whether it was worth paying 20 dollars for something like this, but now that I've opened it and put my Batman on it, there was no question that I made the right call. It is freakin' awesome. This is how I heard about it:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102208a.htm

Don't feel bad Karamazoo, I saw it in the store, called the wife and forgot to go and pick it up for 2 days :lol: It's not that I have better restraint, just a worse memory than you. Mine is sitting on the table at the moment, waiting to be added to my menagarie of Batman toys. Like Mattalica, all I need is the demon head Batman to round things out for this collection. Does anyone know if there are anymore figures down the road for this line?

Does anyone know if there are anymore figures down the road for this line?

It seems like I saw a forthcoming Two-Face somewhere, but I haven't heard much beyond that. After getting the Batpod, I was trying to imagine a scale Batmobile. . .that thing would be monstrous.

• 2 weeks later...
dude, can't see the link, at work, whats it link to?

It's the Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker head on the Hot Toys regular Joker body. To get both figures for this combo, it would cost over $300, since the cheapest either go is around $150 prior to shipping (and these are pre-orders for the DC Direct release of these next month or so). I never thought I would spend so much money just to get a single toy, but this thing is so f'ing beautiful, that I feel absolutely compelled. I'm hoping I can re-sell Bank Robber body with crappy, regular head for $110 or so, anyway, so maybe my net cost will "only" be around $190 plus shipping :sad:

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Some more pics:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...p;postcount=421

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...p;postcount=425

I ended up selling enough of my stuff so that I could pre-order this. I really can't wait. I can't remember ever wanting something so much.

Oh Nice! I love it. I wonder if Harvey Dent is going to be a variant. I hope not, as I really want him.

Now that I know there will be a Two-Face, I guess I can go ahead and get the other guys. I was only going to get them if the reast of The Dark Knight's awesomeness could be done (even if there is no Gordon which would be great but not likely to happen. These guys don't like Civvies, Harvey Dent being the exception.

Oh Nice! I love it. I wonder if Harvey Dent is going to be a variant. I hope not, as I really want him.

Now that I know there will be a Two-Face, I guess I can go ahead and get the other guys. I was only going to get them if the reast of The Dark Knight's awesomeness could be done (even if there is no Gordon which would be great but not likely to happen. These guys don't like Civvies, Harvey Dent being the exception.

They all are looking great (except scarecrow...;) ) and Two-face is friggin gorgeous. I would hope that he just comes with a Harvey head to plug on; i don't want to wrestle down a Chase online.

• 3 weeks later...

I was really psyched when I saw the pictures of the first movie masters( Joker, Batman, Goon), but when release came, and Joker went for around 50 bucks, I lost interest. The other day, however, I was in a local specialty toysore that sells in package and loose, and they had all ofthe figures at around $10, so i flipped through, pulled out Joker. Then I looked at the price. He was marked $30, and that was a bit too high for me. While I was putting him back, I happened to look up at the shelf above to see what else the store had, and right in front of me was a loose set of four of the MM figures(Original Costume Batman, Scarecrow, Thug, and of course... The Joker!) I pulled it down to check the price expecting it to be around $40-50, but to my suprise it read $30, the same price as the carded Joker. I took it up to the counter, and while the lady at the register was ringing it up, she noticed another tag that read $18. She went back to double check with the owner, and while $18 was not the price, she gave me six bucks off because of the mix up. I got these guys home and played around with them, and I have to say, they're pretty sweet! And at $6 a pop, they're even better. I now plan on picking up Two face to round out the set when he comes out.

Anyway long story short: after waiting a little while to get Joker at a good price, I got him and 3 others for alot less than I expected.

Oddly, after having them a few days, I've found I like the Scarecrow much more than the Joker whom the entire set was bought because of.

• 3 months later...

Not movie masters, but. . .damn:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=53082

Just got my "bank robber" Joker head in the mail today with my "V1" Joker suit/body. . .dang. The fact that Hot Toys is doing moving eyeballs now is frightening. They are really going to put every other 1/6 toy company out of business.