UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Godzilla

Trekker 42

He's one of the great pop culture icons of all time. He stomped onto the big screen in 1954 as an allegory to the atom bomb and the sadness Japan had after that. He has more movies out now than James Bond. Who is this guy? Godzilla of course and now there is a place to talk about him. Favorite G-Movie? Tell us here. want to rant about the pain of Godzilla vs Megalon? Rant here. Want to talk about how freaking awesome King Ghidorah is? Do it here.

So to get the conversation started here are some questions and my answers to them

What is your favorite Godzilla film?

Gojira is the best by far but only in Japanese. In English, it has to be Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.

Who is the best Godzilla helpful co-star?

Rodan, I have to say, gets this category.

What was the single most badass monster fight in the series?

Destroy All Monsters. 'Nuff Said!

What do you think was the worst part of Godzilla vs Megalon?

The robot Power Ranger. WTF?

Who is the best Godzilla Villain?

King Freaking Ghidorah. That's all I need to say.

Who was the most off-the-wall villain of the series?

Gotta be Hedorah. Gotta be.

So G-Fans unite. Let's have some fun with this!

I used to have a godzilla vhs tape, it was the one with King Sesar (how ever you spell it). The best part was the woman singing to summon him. :P

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Good one, but not great. If you want a good Mechagodzilla story, you have to get Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.

I used to have a godzilla vhs tape, it was the one with King Sesar (how ever you spell it). The best part was the woman singing to summon him. :P

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Good one, but not great. If you want a good Mechagodzilla story, you have to get Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.

I don't remember too many of the movies I've seen. I have more of an interest in the creatures themselves than the movies. Have you played the game for Wii?

I don't remember too many of the movies I've seen. I have more of an interest in the creatures themselves than the movies. Have you played the game for Wii?

Actually, no. My experience of Godzilla games is Godzilla games=Bad. Really bad.

Actually, no. My experience of Godzilla games is Godzilla games=Bad. Really bad.

I like the Wii one and the ones of Xbox/PS2/Gamecube.

The two Godzilla movies I enjoyed most were "Son Of Godzilla" and "Godzilla Vs. Gigan". I think I saw both of them when I was around 10 years, so of course, I really was into monsters!

I really liked the mantises in the first one - there is this scene, when three or four of them play with Godzilla's egg, which I really loved - but were a little afraid of the giant spider Kumonga.

The second one features one of my favourite allies, "Angilas". There is this scene at the end of the movie, when Godzilla smashes King Ghidorah and Angilas uses his spiky carapace and kinda drives against the three headed beast. I loved that sequence! Yay, Angilas!

:biggrin:

Favorite Godzilla Movie: Tokyo S.O.S, Godzilla vs Gigan, or Godzilla vs Destroyah

Best/most helpful co-star: Anguirus, hands down!

Best monster fight: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, pretty much all of their fights(Even the Kiryu one), the fight with Orga, or his final showdown with Destroyah. I'd also be willing to say the final battle in Godzilla Final Wars, Gigan/Ghidorah teaming up again=awesome and tough.

Worst part of Godzilla vs Megalon: I liked that movie..... it had Gigan.

Best Villain: It's between Destroyah(He killed Godzilla!), Gigan, Ghidorah(I'm a fan of all forms, except the one from the Mothra film), Orga, and Mechagodzilla(All versions of him, doesn't need explaining).

Most off-the-wall villain: Biollante, Hedorah, or Monster X. Even though X was cool, he looked crazy as hell.

And Ultra-Man is awesome. The best villain is Neo-Baltan, he was awesome. :D

Favorite Godzilla Movie: Tokyo S.O.S, Godzilla vs Gigan, or Godzilla vs Destroyah

Best/most helpful co-star: Anguirus, hands down!

Best monster fight: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, pretty much all of their fights(Even the Kiryu one), the fight with Orga, or his final showdown with Destroyah. I'd also be willing to say the final battle in Godzilla Final Wars, Gigan/Ghidorah teaming up again=awesome and tough.

Worst part of Godzilla vs Megalon: I liked that movie..... it had Gigan.

Best Villain: It's between Destroyah(He killed Godzilla!), Gigan, Ghidorah(I'm a fan of all forms, except the one from the Mothra film), Orga, and Mechagodzilla(All versions of him, doesn't need explaining).

Most off-the-wall villain: Biollante, Hedorah, or Monster X. Even though X was cool, he looked crazy as hell.

And Ultra-Man is awesome. The best villain is Neo-Baltan, he was awesome. :D

Biollante rocks. If she was in more than just one movie, she would be my favorite G-enemy.

And Ghidorah from the Mothra film doesn't count as Ghidorah. The TRUE Ghidorahs have THREE HEADS, not just TWO. Lame Deathghidorah, lame.

My favorite has to be Tokyo SOS. My favorite villain has to be Godzilla in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. He was just so damn evil in that movie. I loved it. I have ten or so on DVD right now. I am always on the lookout for more, but don't want to buy the box sets that they have released and end up with duplicates of the movies I already have.