UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Stikfas???

Twisted Two-Face

I was just curious. Came across these earlier and was conflicted on whether to buy them or not. I was thinking about making some Marvel/DC customs with the blank packs, and wanted to know if anyone recommends them or hates them with a passion that makes them want to rip some guy's liver through his ears. (That was a tad too graphic...) Oh, and if you are the type to forget what i am talking about after reading the title, they are called Stikfas

I have the pirate set and I got some blanks to flesh out the over-abundance of pirate accessories that came with the set.

Though I thought they look cool, the joints are kinda wierd - not fluid and I don't much care for them. I spent a lot of time trying toi finish the joints and file the flash from the runners and I'm still not happy.

Mates are so much better

'K, thanks. Maybe I'll just get a Red for Iron Man...

Anyone think that they are good?

They are very good figures to use for figure drawing.....practically any pose can be done with them.

But I haven't found them very customizable....

Neat figures though.

'K, thanks. Maybe I'll just get a Red for Iron Man...

Anyone think that they are good?

They are very good figures to use for figure drawing.....practically any pose can be done with them.

But I haven't found them very customizable....

Neat figures though.

Yeah, i just planned on using gold paint on the Red one for an Iron Man, and a lot of Black to make a Dark Knight Batman. I was thinking about classic, but then, seeing the reactions, that may be one too many!

I'm not sure how much help I can be -- as I've never tried to customize them -- but I have several & I really like them. Like the others have said, they are very posable & they come in bunches of colors.

To be honest, the only customizations I've seen done with them are to make them into posable bodies for Pinky St figures. (Pinky figs are made of PVC & are about 4 inches tall & are interchangable -- here's a link: http://www.pinky-street.com/index.php?page=all_releases )

You can google to view Pinky/Stikfas hybrids & there are tons of "how-to's" on how to do it, so maybe you can use them to get a sense of how it would work for you.

Jenny

Edited by homestar17

Well, Jenny, thanks but i probably won't use those Pinkies. (15 year old guy, it might look bad...) I do appreciate your help, though. I looked at some pics; I can't believe how big those "things" are!

Even so, there are many many Pinky customisers out there who use just about everything under the sun in their customs & typically, their tutorials are pretty amazing as well. The entire internet is littered with them, so I figured that you could get something out of them.

Or at least see exactly how they were using Stikfas to make custom figures. :)

I love Stikfas but ultimately i find Mates more "fun" as they are more sturdy in my opinion. I prefer the hinges (elbows / knees) as opposed to the ball joints in certain areas. The only feature that made me stay with stikfas for so long was the ball jointed elbow that, while looking out of place, at least allowed a bicep swivel motion.

Now that ive made arms with bicep swivel for my mates im planning on parting with the remainder of my stikfas.

If you need some..let me know lol.

I got the set with the dragon and the female warrior becasue I thought the dragon would be cool and it is awesome and then I was impressed by the figures themselves. The only problem I had was getting all the little leftovers from the part tree off of the pieces (which is why I don't build models very often). Then I found a biker guy with a motorcycle on clearance and picked that one up. There are a few others I have thought about getting. I think if nothing else it is worth getting one so that you can decided if you want more or not. If you don't want more I think you won't regret getting the one because they are poseable and cool.

I got the set with the dragon and the female warrior becasue I thought the dragon would be cool and it is awesome and then I was impressed by the figures themselves. The only problem I had was getting all the little leftovers from the part tree off of the pieces (which is why I don't build models very often). Then I found a biker guy with a motorcycle on clearance and picked that one up. There are a few others I have thought about getting. I think if nothing else it is worth getting one so that you can decided if you want more or not. If you don't want more I think you won't regret getting the one because they are poseable and cool.

True dat, home-slice...

Sorry, black-moment...Translation: Thank you very much kind member of society!

Wow, i actually sound racist! That is not very good...gotta work on that...may not be such a good thing...nope, definetly not...crap, now i am rambling...cheese...

• 2 months later...

Stikfas really aren't that bad at all (they're my favorite block figure next to Minimates): they're visually pleasing and I love all those accesories they come with. My only issue with them though is the HORRIBLE quality of some of the plastic they use. The almost-instant breakage on the Pirate, Superhero and Supervillain kits are very notorious examples.

If you're planning to buy Stikfas, I suggest you invest in black figures as these seem to be the sturdiest ones of 'em all so far.

Edited by NorthRaider

Stikfas really aren't that bad at all (they're my favorite block figure next to Minimates): they're visually pleasing and I love all those accesories they come with. My only issue with them though is the HORRIBLE quality of some of the plastic they use. The almost-instant breakage on the Pirate, Superhero and Supervillain kits are very notorious examples.

If you're planning to buy Stikfas, I suggest you invest in black figures as these seem to be the sturdiest ones of 'em all so far.

Is that really a recurring problem with the pirate? My friend bought one and it smapped like hell. Heck, none of the three I had really stayed together that well now that I think of it...

Is that really a recurring problem with the pirate? My friend bought one and it smapped like hell. Heck, none of the three I had really stayed together that well now that I think of it...

I'm afraid so... for some reason there was just something about the production of the Pirate Kits that just was not up to par with durability expectations. If you browse the different Stikfas-centered boards/websites out there, you will come across too many owner accounts of Pirate breakage to call it a coincidence. (There was this post on the Hobbicide forums where one fan reviewed most of the existing kits, and another made the funny observation than even in Stikfas form ninjas were far superior to pirates.)

Edited by NorthRaider

I have some Strikfas. The dragon w/ chick, samari and firefighter if I'm not mistaken. They tend to stay in their boxes.

Man, I miss Xevoz so much.

I have the dragon too... sometimes I like to pose it eating my SM3 Spiderman minimate. :whistling:

I'd also like to do a comic where an evil Stikfas tries to mind-control all the Minimates by kidnapping the Scarlet Witch and taking away all their faces, and only DCD Wave 8 Question can save the day. :wacko:

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested I have a SUPER rare stikfas figure. It was only released in Singapore. It's a Singapore Navy figure. It isn't even on ebay anymore. Last time I saw them there were about 2 or 3 of them on ebay, and they were going for like 100 bucks each. I of course wouldn't charge that, but I wouldn't mind trading it for some 'mates.

• 9 months later...

I speak from personal experience when I say that Stikfas dragon has got to be one of the bestest toys ever invented. There's the whole hands-on approach when you're assembling it (some people complain about how fiddly he is to build, but I say that's part of the fun ;)), and then there's the fun aspect of posing him around and pretending that he's your own personal Lockheed or something like that :P

I repeat: The Stikfas Dragon is awesome.