UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I think my 360 is dying...

Agreed, it won't solve every problem, but again as they say "there are no guarantees in life".

I bought a car that had the rotors warp within the first 3 years. That's not covered under waranty because it's "wear and tear". However, most rotors are supposed to last 5 or more years. The point is, there is risk involved in anything. To say, "I don't want to buy an Xbox because it may break" is no different if you change Xbox to PS3 or Wii or DS or PC or anything else. Sure, we hear about the RRoD more often, but I've had friends that had to send their PS3 back and I'm sure Wii has had the same issues. Truth of the matter is, anytime you spend a large amount of money on something there is risk involved. You buy a house, but he foundation may be crap. You buy a car and the engine could be cheap. You buy an iPhone and accidently drop it and cry yourself to sleep. It's the risk of a consumer.

I've owned my Xbox since launch. I had 1 RRoD, covered by warranty. Took 1 1/2 weeks to get my Xbox back and it's worked like a champ ever since. And to be honest, if it did completely die tomorrow and I had to get another one, I think in 3 years I've got my money's worth!

I've had multiple consoles over the years. Put my original PS1 in the freezer. Wrapped it in a towel, etc. All the tricks to keep it working there at the end. I understand product failure but usually AFTER the product has been used.

I've had zero problems with my PS2. Never a problem with my Wii or any of the 7 DS's we have in the house. (Keep in mind, I've got 5 kids so these machines get LOTS of use.)

I would've thought with the 360 being, how many years old?, they would've resolved the RROD issues by now.

I've had multiple consoles over the years. Put my original PS1 in the freezer. Wrapped it in a towel, etc. All the tricks to keep it working there at the end. I understand product failure but usually AFTER the product has been used.

I've had zero problems with my PS2. Never a problem with my Wii or any of the 7 DS's we have in the house. (Keep in mind, I've got 5 kids so these machines get LOTS of use.)

I would've thought with the 360 being, how many years old?, they would've resolved the RROD issues by now.

TRUE! I work at a video game store and I get calls all the time asking if we repair them. The Xbox is the easiest number (1-800-myxbox) to find and whenever a customer comes in and asks me about Sony or Nintendo I spend about 20 mins trying to find their help lines.

Once I had a friend whose Xbox had the 3 quarters of the ring. The screen was covered in red spots wherever there was a dark corner, so we decided to take it apart. Turned out the heat sink was too hot, and we needed to put the fan directly on it. :P

So my xbox has been freezing after 10 mins of play for the last few days, and it wont load gears of war 2 at all. I got the disk cleaned first and no good. So i unplug it for a few hours and still theres a problem. I call microsoft and they ask me to try it without hard drive, accessories etc and it works fine. Then I add the hard drive still fine. Then i add the wireless network adapter and its fine so I'm like wtf? I'm sure its gonna break again and I'll have to send it off soon.

So my 360 died tonight. This is my second one in a year as it is, so after its repaired or replaced it could be my third. I love the system, but hate it's unreliability. Microsoft are plently helpful though to be fair. A quick phonecall and it'll be picked up on monday and repaired for free. Now i need to find something to entertain myself for 3 weeks. Maybe I should finish twilight princess . . .

So my 360 died tonight. This is my second one in a year as it is, so after its repaired or replaced it could be my third. I love the system, but hate it's unreliability. Microsoft are plently helpful though to be fair. A quick phonecall and it'll be picked up on monday and repaired for free. Now i need to find something to entertain myself for 3 weeks. Maybe I should finish twilight princess . . .

And so passes a great warrior. He was a good 360. Faithful, true, a great boredom-reducer. So let it rest in peace for its life has been as noble as his death. Goodbye 360. May you find solace in the great manufacturing plant in the sky. :tear:

And go for the Tilight Princess ending. Though if you're that far through, you may not have 3 weeks of entertainment. If you run out, rent Metroid Prime 3 or Smash Bros Brawl. Either would be pretty good.

Reideen, I say take the plunge and I'm one of the one's that had to take their original consoles back. Luckily, it was Costco and I switched it out for the newer, cheaper version with COD4. On the bad luck front, I've had to start from scratch and by the time I go into COD4 everyone on the board was onto something else :lol: Knock on wood, I haven't had an issue with my newer console and if I do, I'll most likely do the same thing over again.

I've said it before, but my Wii did die, and Nintendo sent it back in a week flat.

What happened to your Wii? How did it die?

Best Buy is going to have the 60G 360 on Black Friday for $299. It comes with LEGO Indiana Jones, Kung Fu panda, NBA2k8 and Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. For that price, I may have to take the plunge.

I saw on one of the Black Friday sites that Dell.com has a simular bundle priced at $250 with free shipping. Might be worth a look.

I've said it before, but my Wii did die, and Nintendo sent it back in a week flat.

What happened to your Wii? How did it die?

Best Buy is going to have the 60G 360 on Black Friday for $299. It comes with LEGO Indiana Jones, Kung Fu panda, NBA2k8 and Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. For that price, I may have to take the plunge.

I saw on one of the Black Friday sites that Dell.com has a simular bundle priced at $250 with free shipping. Might be worth a look.

That is a GREAT question, and one I do not have the answer for. I've never heard of anyone else with the problem... It just stopped turning on. The red light came on, it just wouldn't do anything/