UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Did you hear

Massivecarnage

The publishers read in this article,"From us Marvel, We thank you for buying Marvel comics for all these year, but will stop printing out marvel comics for the all of The U.S. The Marvel comics will be posted on the web to buy." What the hell are they doing? :confused: I love buying comics At The comic book stores. God this is a nightmare. :verymad:

Edited by Massivecarnage

Thoe only part of the article that mentions a stopping of printed comics is...

I have to commend Marvel for going digital. The possibilities are endless. It's possible they will stop printing one day due to high costs, and sell monthly digital comics through some sort of subscription program, but that is not an official statement.

Yep that really signifies the end of the world for printed comics!

BTW I hate to have to ask but what is your first language MassiveCarnage?

T.

I have to commend Marvel for going digital. The possibilities are endless. It's possible they will stop printing one day due to high costs, and sell monthly digital comics through some sort of subscription program, but that is not an official statement.

T.

What do you mean?

T.

What do you mean?

He's asking if you grew up speaking English or if English is your second language. And if it's your second language, what was the language you grew up with?

T.

What do you mean?

He's asking if you grew up speaking English or if English is your second language. And if it's your second language, what was the language you grew up with?

Well my Grandad is Scottish, But I grew up speaking english.

Seriously my great great great grandad is Scottish. My last name is Cameron. Cameron is a Scottish name.

I stand corrected. . . :mellow:

You stand at your keyboard? wow that must be tiring ;)

T.

No, I actually like it. :biggrin: I have two houses. A cabin in Scottland and a house in Rochester,MN. :happy: I go to the cabin for vacation.

And I just want to be friends with everyone. I'm sorry TBT!, If I made you mad :sad:

And I just want to be friends with everyone. I'm sorry TBT!, If I made you mad :sad:

We all just want a quiet life where everyone is friends. However you do seem to be missing some of the basics of internet etiquette. As a long time member here do you mind if I give you some helpful pointers?

1) Try to make your posts grammatically correct (or at least fairly close), no one is perfect but your posts are very hard to read and often do not make sense without re-reading them several times.

If you post gibberish people will think you have nothing worthwhile to say or that you are stupid. I'm sure you are not but it's up to you to prove otherwise! ;)

2) Don't start threads just for the sake of it. If you are going to start a thread have something worthwhile that the majority will find entertaining or useful to add to the forum. You've started 3-4 threads since you've joined and to be honest they are for the most part pointless or are a duplicate of another existing thread. Part two of this is if you must make threads then look for the right area to post them, starting threads in the wrong place causes clutter, makes extra work for the MODs and annoys the rest of us.

3) Thirdly and probably the most important is to think before posting. We seem to have had a lot of "me too" posts lately and not just from you.

It's not a race to get a higher post count and you do not get bonus points for the number of posts you make. If it doesn't move a thread forward or add anything worthwhile then it's not worth posting.

I guess the advice here is "Say more, Post less".

If you follow the above then I'm sure we'll get along a lot better and I suspect other board members will start to actually listen and treat you with more respect.

I post the above as advice for yourself and other newbies. I hope that it's taken in the manner intended and not as newbie bashing.

T.

Going digital wouldn't bother me if you are able to download the comics. My family originates from the Isle of Man. My wife says my first language is BS because it's the only thing coming out of my mouth. :P Talk about keeping with the thread! Shanester said and i'll quote " TBT! will give you one minimate for every 100 posts."Here's the link to prove it's a real quote from Shanester.

Edited by Zombieboyfiend