UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello Everyone

I just started collecting marvel minimates a few months and have already put a huge dent in my wallet. When i stumbled across this board it really interest me how everyone seems so friendly and helps each other out. One thing i'm having a problem figuring out is how many different versions of figures there are and which ones are just in different packaging. Any good websites that would help me would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Multiverse,

Re: Versions -Minimate Database & Minimate Central are all you need. Things have 'stabilised' over the last 18 months regarding packaging variations & versions.

Target sets would often have their own variants notably Daredevil, Ghost Rider ,Ice-Man & Prof.X. These variants are much sought-after because of their obvious differences from the regular version, notably the 'Target Nightcrawler' which just falls apart :ohmy:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Welcome to the boards. Let me reiterate BHM's suggestion that you check out Minimate Database (run by a board member here, btw). For instance, if you look here:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=10

And check the left side of the page, you will see all the different releases that this (essential/nearly flawless) Minimate had. Regarding all the variations of a figure, if you do a search for, say, "Wolverine" in the Database, and click on the "Characters; Wolverine" link, you will get this:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/chars.php?i=10

And I know that you are probably asking yourself, "why don't we have more Wolverines?" Well, you are in luck, because we are getting first appearance Wolvie/Skrull in the forthcoming "Secret Invasion" box set!!

Edited by karamazov80