UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Live!

Jatta Pake

This would be incredible news!

Hopefully, I could finally get a Justice League finisher set (Martian Manhunter, Atom, Black Canary, & Zatana)

It's also old news that was shot down WAY back at SDCC, a bunch of us bundled G.Brewer ( head honcho of DCD) into a corner and made him fess up that they were dead!!

T.

I only wish you all would have given Brewer a beat down in that corner, that fool is running DCD into the ground!

I am in no way defending Brewer when I say this, but I do not envy his job at all. I mean think about it. DCD is a specialty program. No mass market flux, so to stay current, you have to jump on the "flavor of the month" story, artist, etc...to stay current and one step ahead of Hasbro and Mattel mass market. While I am certain they didn't lose money on DC Mates, I am sure it was time to move to another flavor...and with the economy in the state it is in now, and people not able to spend extra income on expenditures, I am sure it is a struggle to keep the doors open on his little toy shop....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man this is sad, I saw the bump and a new thread on DCcomics.com's message boards and I was thinking hey...maybe. Then I've read them and its like seeing an ex-girlfriend with another guy, tore me up. As the economy experts are saying...yes DCD is helping the economy out, by saving me money with their crappy products. Thanks DC Direct!

Brewer --> File DCD minimates with pocket heroes in the toilet.

Isn't the Spirit a DC owned license?

That's an interesting point, but DC minimates are D-E-A-D, dead! I talked to a friend who works at DC this weekend at the Baltimore comic con and he said they just didn't sell enough and weren't profitable enough to continue making them. When I talked about box sets for movies and stuff he thought it was a good idea, but said it's not happening. It sucks, but rest in pieces...