UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Preorder Troubles with BBTS

Alpheon

So, about a month and a half ago, I preordered the full set of 9 Halo 3 Series 2 figures from Big Bad Toy Store for a good deal. Of course, when you preorder, you give them your full information, including the credit card stuff. Their preorder tagline is:

We won't charge your card until your item ships!

Ok. Well, as some of you know, Series 2 got bumped back from June to July. I started asking at my comic shop and a few Gamestops over the last couple days, and they all said "We just got the notice that they shipped, so they should be arriving any day now."

I get an e-mail from BBTS (or rather, my father does).

Paraphrased: "We have the item in stock, but we need your credit card information to ship. Reply within nine days or your preorder is null and void."

WTF??

We GAVE them the credit card information. Now my father (very understandably so) is very hesitant to give the information again, lest his card be hit twice. We did reply, noting we had ALREADY given the info they seek. They've yet to get back to us.

Making something out of nothing, or is something fishy here? What are you experiences with BBTS preorders?

I've had plenty of experience with BBTS, and every one has been pretty positive (except that I have spent more money there than I would like, and one minor issue that I will touch on below). Are you sure that the credit card info. that you entered is completely correct? If your old one in their system expired (i.e. new expiration date/new security code), then they won't be able to process your order. This might also be the case if you accidentally misspelled something or just entered a wrong number somewhere. I have had this problem with smalljoes.com and hasbrotoyshop.com, when I forgot to update my credit card info. I don't think that you can check your credit info. on BBTS directly (except the last few numbers of your card number), so you might try to e-mail or call them to see if the info. they have is correct.

I do take issue with BBTS taking more pre-orders than product available, but other than that, they are pretty great. You can save stuff in your "Pile of Loot," their customer service is quick and incredibly helpful, and they carry a lot of stuff, including imports. I seriously, seriously doubt that anything fishy is going on there.

Edited by karamazov80

Wait for their reply,I seriously doubt there is a problem. Contact your (father's) Credit Card Company & pre-empt the scenario of any inadvertent duplicity by BBTS.

....pre-empt the scenario of any inadvertent duplicity..... :blink:

Won't do any good. The credit card company is required to accept any transaction posted by a retailer. The consumer must then either contact the merchant to dispute the transaction, or they can go through the dispute process with the credit card company if the merchant is unable/unwilling to refund or cancel the transaction.

Never had any problems with preorders there...

Were they asking you to email them your credit card info? Emailing financial info is never a good idea. Or did they direct you to sign into your account on the website and re-enter the credit card there? Because then I'd agree with karamazov80 that it sounds like the card didn't go through when they tried to charge it, either because it's since gone past its expiration date, or there was a mistake made when you typed in the number or mailing address (ie. it has to be written exactly the same as on your credit card bill, or it won't go through).

They have Halo 3 series 2 figures listed as newly in stock on the main BBTS page, so it all sounds legit. Re-entering your card info in your account on the website won't create a second order, so I can't see how they'd charge you twice. Good luck!