UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Xbox 360 price drop coming

$50 price drop on the Xbox Premium according to a leaked Kmart circular set to come out this Sunday.

Thanks to Gizmodo for the heads up.

Damn it! I just returned my xbox elite for a Premium 2 weeks ago.

I wonder if Best Buy would let you return if defective and get another at the lower price.

$50 price drop on the Xbox Premium according to a leaked Kmart circular set to come out this Sunday.

I wonder if Best Buy would let you return if defective and get another at the lower price.

Defect it yourself you mean? ;)

Defect it yourself you mean? ;)

well my elite was under the 30 days and it got fried by lightning hitting my hotel. I didn't have the extended warranty but since it was under 30 days I could return it to Best Buy. I decided that I don't need extra 100GB so I downgraded to the pro and got some $ back but I also got the warranty this time. So I don't know if I could return this pro and get $50 less.

Nothing has been confirmed right now, but rumors on the price drop is that it's not really a price drop at all. The leaks coming out are saying that MS is going to announce a new Xbox at E3. It will be the same Pro Unit with HDMI and a 60gig Hard. That will retail for the $350 price and take the place of the current Pro Sku. So, the stores will be lowering the price of the Current 20gig SKU to $300 to move the units. So, the Elite and Arcade will remain the same.

Of course, none of this will be official until E3, just a few weeks away! neo

Of course, none of this will be official until E3, just a few weeks away! neo

With all the hubbub over SDCC, I had completely forgotten about E3. I hope we hear some announcements about RE 5 and a potential XBox edition of MGS IV (though I'm not holding my breath on that last one. . .especially after the in-game joke about the lack of storage capability on the 360 and Wii).