UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rocky Minimates

Seriously, guys I agree wih drgnrbrn; Rocky is a lame pick when they could have picked Star Wars, Star Trek, or James Bond. I honestly don't see why they are doing this--I mean how many of you prefer Rocky(some boxer dude) to Darth Vader (Evil genius with light saber)?

B) :deathstroke:

Very Few... But I'm sure hasbro who totally control the starwars Figure licences would have something to say about it....

As for StarTrek..... I believe that one is in the pipeline...

T.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually prefer Rocky to Darth Vader. I feel that(block figure-wise) that Star Wars is LEGO's deal, I don't think it would work for Mini's. That, plus I never really did care for Darth Vader in the movies, but you all probably think I'm crazy for that. Am I right?

I actually prefer Rocky to Darth Vader. I feel that(block figure-wise) that Star Wars is LEGO's deal, I don't think it would work for Mini's. That, plus I never really did care for Darth Vader in the movies, but you all probably think I'm crazy for that. Am I right?

Nope we have a whole other bunch of reasons for thinking you're crazy..... B);):rolleyes::P

T.

You know, after I posted that, I could see that coming :D!

Seriously, guys I agree wih drgnrbrn; Rocky is a lame pick when they could have picked Star Wars, Star Trek, or James Bond. I honestly don't see why they are doing this--I mean how many of you prefer Rocky(some boxer dude) to Darth Vader (Evil genius with light saber)?

B) :deathstroke:

And somewhere fans of the half dozen Rocky movies are saying "Deathstroke - thats lame, we need more Balboa"

Also it's a dog-eat-dog world in the toy licensing arena - you can't say "Oh we could either make Rocky or Star Wars, which shall we choose?" - it's just not that simple.

I agree with drgnrbrn316 in that I'd like to see a few lines done well than a lot of lines done poorly.

I look at this as DST picking up a license to do a range of toys & collectibles (from props to busts to minimates) from that licensed property. The announcement is much the same as the X-Men 3 license. They're not looking at it as what license would benefit from making minimates out of, they're looking at it as what available license can they make toys/collectibles out of that will make money. From what it looks like the props are the main focus right now. If those do well and the demand for Rocky collectibles stays high then we may be lucky and see some minimates. But my guess is the minimates are down the line priority wise, same as with X3, and more than likely they'll never see the light of day :(

There was a bit of control art on the back of the hardcopy Spectrum being handed out at the DST booth. I haven't seen it been posted elsewhere, but then again I haven't been home long. :)

My scanner is a bit wonky at the moment, so you'll have to make do with a pic.

rocky.jpg

Looks like the license will cover all the Rocky Movies! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for scanning the pic Ivan. I think Rocky looks great! They totally captured Stallone's "sleepy" eyes. And If the license does cover all of the films than we could be making Dolph Lundgren Punisher quick customs before long, not to mention characters from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!

And shouldn't the blurb read "...shrunk down..." :huh:

Yeah, but the "all eras of Rocky" makes me think we're getting a wave filled with Rocky variants.

Sounds good to me! Rocky/Apollo Creed, Rocky/Clubber Lang, Rocky/Ivan Drago would all be great 2-packs.

If it gives the minimates more exposure which helps me get Marvel and DC, I'm great with it.

If it makes things harder for the Marvel and DC stuff to come out, I hope it crashes and burns.

If they do see a release I won't buy them when they come out unless I happen to be at the right place, right time. I've never seen the movies, so it doesn't really make me all misty in the panties. However, I might pick and choose what to get if they come with some neat accessories.

Me? I just want some classic Avengers, some classic JLA'ers, and some Green Lantern Corps. Anything else is just a neat distraction.

-M

• 3 weeks later...