UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dockingbay97 toy reviews

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dockingbay (can I call you Nick? :P), while I love the reviews, you may wanna change the format just a bit. It can be hard to follow the text with it across the screen like that, and the image in the background is a bit distracting IMO.

I really love the idea of a review site though, and hope you have sucess!

It's not a problem.

How should I format the text?

I don't know if it is just my computer's resolution set-up or something, but on the Indy and Godzilla reviews, some of the pictures are so big that I have to scroll to the right to see your reviews. I don't know if this is what Deadpool is referring to, but if it is, it would probably be more an issue of having smaller pictures, and/or left-indenting them than of changing the text itself. I wouldn't make the text any smaller, if I were you.

Yeah, those Godzilla ones were way too big. I am trying to find the balance of size but still see what you are looking at.

Right now the pictures are all centered justified, maybe I should switch them back to left justified.

I also have a hard time remembering that I am on a widescreen monitor at home and not everyone else is.

Edited by dockingbay97

The revised one works better, but I still have to scroll. Of course my computer is set to 800x600 because my dad can't see anything else, so you may have to get another opinion.

It's the same for me. I still have to scroll for the new one, but only for a word or two.

Some nice stuff there. The burning Godzilla made me laugh at one of the photos. I think its the fourth one down where the figure is shown face on the flame detail makes it look like its wearing a bikini, it even has small flames to loop around the neck.

Anyway good stuff in those reviews.

I still had to scroll a lot for that one, and I have a fairly large resolution set.

Really? The revised one with the grey background?

I am at work now and this monitor is set at 1024 x 768 which is only one bump over 800x600 and I only need to scroll over about four letters on average for the lines of text.

I am confused if you have high resolution you would need to scroll a lot.

Sorry for the delay in a new review. I got distracted with Emerald City ComiCon stuff. If you are ever in the Seattle area this time of the year, it is a worthwhile local comic show to go to. And now on to my latest review - a Diamond Select Toys Star Trek Original Series Communicator - here.

As cool as it is I agree the price of it will make me think twice about it. As far as the rider's face being a mask or actually....a face, I believe it is actually his face although I do not remember the where I have seen him before. I am liking your reviews because you are not doing reviews on toys that everyone else is doing and it's refreshing! Keep it up!

I am liking your reviews because you are not doing reviews on toys that everyone else is doing and it's refreshing! Keep it up!

Cool. Thanks!

Today I am looking at Hasbro's answer to the world of urban vinyl toy collecting with the Marvel Mighty Muggs Wolverine figure. You can find the review here.