UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Master List

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a thread of people who are willing to mule for those of us who arent able to go? I have a list of stuff I would like to get and will pay in advance...

Good question (although I don't need a mule).

I just want the Mighty Muggs Iron Man, but will be on vacation the days after and will most definitely miss it on HTS. I have always felt the exclusive thing has becomes out of control since people discovered eBay. Oh well.

cornerstorecomics is taking (expensive) preorders on a bunch of the SDCC exclusives.

So is ToyRocket.com. Its a very expensive way to get what you want from the show and there is no guarantee you will even get anything.

Is there a thread of people who are willing to mule for those of us who arent able to go? I have a list of stuff I would like to get and will pay in advance...

The only way I think this can effectively work is if folks who would like an item from SDCC, post what they want and how much they are willing to pay for the item (consider shipping, as well). That way folks who are going can decide if they want to try and work something out with you.

I also feel compelled to remind folks of something. Before you get upset over how much more than "retail" an item may cost you, keep in mind how difficult (sometimes near impossible) these items can be to obtain. It costs money to go to the show and it almost ALWAYS takes a lot of time, frustration, standing in line, getting close to freaks & smelly people, begging, waiting, returning at a given time, missing out on things you'd rather be doing, lugging the items around the show with you, getting the items home or to the PO, packing/shipping, and in some cases YOUR BLOOD!

Otherwise, go to Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that SDCC is over, did anyone manage to snag a spare Cobra Commander?

I don't fancy bending over for the scalpers on ebay

I hope someone can help you out, TITAN, but I saw the line at the Hasbro booth on Thursday, and it was looooong. Maybe CC will show up on hasbrotoyshop.com soon.

Also, after witnessing first-hand the madness of Comic Con, I can say that Shane made some really great points in his post up there. Because SDCC is so huge, getting almost any exclusive means waiting in long, boring lines, and most likely missing out on a panel that you'd like to see, or missing another exclusive. I'm no fan of scalping, but I do believe people should be compensated for their efforts. If a friend went to the con for me and got me an exclusive toy at the expense of doing something fun, I would owe him big time!

Best of luck to you!

:) I want to share this story with you all. I was about to go on a trip to Ottawa this morning and right before I left I went on to ebay to see what the bids are up to for the Blood drive chief tyrol. Well, I type in the name and a buy-it-now for $25 comes up with $5 shipping. Well, I sure as hell jumped all over that. Right now, with 20 hours left for one, they are shooting up to around $50 (most are around $30 with a couple of days left for bids). I sure got lucky on mine. Sometimes, only sometimes, ebay is a great place to find a wicked fantastic deal.

:bunny:

Edited by pickle

• 2 months later...