UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Maschinen Krieger

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite Kubricks of all!

Mine too, great figures with a lot of detail. My jaw dropped the first time I saw the Chapter 3 figures, they were some of the coolest things I had seen. I have BSG mates working as Ma K ground crew on one of my shelves.

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite Kubricks of all!

Mine too, great figures with a lot of detail. My jaw dropped the first time I saw the Chapter 3 figures, they were some of the coolest things I had seen. I have BSG mates working as Ma K ground crew on one of my shelves.

heh. I like that idea. I've been meaning to put my 'Mates in some of that Ma.Kub armor for a while now...

• 2 months later...

I just got my first the other day (along with my first Be@rbricks). I really dig it, but he comes with a weapon that doesn't make much sense to me. It is a missile that he holds with a handle? Does he just lob the missile at his foes?

--edit: after looking at him again, this looks like a giant grenade (like the ones with the handles that were used by the Germans in WWII), not a missile. . .so I guess that explains it--

Edited by karamazov80

I just got my first the other day (along with my first Be@rbricks). I really dig it, but he comes with a weapon that doesn't make much sense to me. It is a missile that he holds with a handle? Does he just lob the missile at his foes?

--edit: after looking at him again, this looks like a giant grenade (like the ones with the handles that were used by the Germans in WWII), not a missile. . .so I guess that explains it--

Panzerfaust.

• 10 months later...

Yet another of my closet passions. I guess you realise that that is a kit? Maschinen Krieger has a cult following & there are any number of people producing kits & other toys under a mess of licenses. The original stuff is the best but even that has been bootlegged & re-issued, so it's difficult to know what is what . I'm certainly no expert on it but I have the entire original series except what is known as the Kraschenvogel which always remains out of my reach at nearly $200! All of the kits I have are unmade & MIB which even I admit is f*c*ing ludicrous but Hobby Link produced some 1:24 army figures fully-painted in various poses which are truly stunning & relatively cheap.

I really can't understand why MaK isn't hugely popular & I was quite surprised to see that item being offered by BBTS.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I saw it was listed as a "kit," but having never owned a "figure kit," I'm not entirely sure what that means. Do you have to glue the pieces together and paint him or something? The Hot Toys Predator "kits" are actually just figures that haven't been put together yet (in order to overcome a licensing restriction prohibiting the sale of Predator "action figures"). Same thing goes for the 3 3/4" HT "Snap Kits," I believe.

Just found this, and if the price is right, I might just get it. Looks amazing, though I bet the price tag will be High (that's right, with a capital "H"):

post-1827-1245630782_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1245630795_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1245630809_thumb.jpg

Unless I am mistaken, this is a Real Action Hero, 12 inch figure!

• 4 weeks later...