UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

clear plastic mates

Spoon Wielder

Okay, well I just got my Series 20 today, and I was a little upset with Vision. Now I don't usually mind the clear/see through minimates, but I'm tired of this bull. I mean this is the second time they've released a mate half "phased" before a standard version of them is released. I mean I wouldn't mind a half phased of Vision or Shadowcat, someone down the line. But to release them before as the first version of them, that ticks me off.

It would be like getting a Hologram version of Leia, before getting her in her white costume.

Now I know a lot of you guys love the clear plastic mates, but I think they should release versions of them after. Like what they did with Sue Storm.

Sorry for the rant

I don't know if you saw this in the other thread, but with Loki's crotch, legs, and arms, and Vision 2.0's cape, you can make a pretty good regular/non-see through Vision (though the yellow on Vision's chest is a little dimmer than that of the cape and his extremities when you do this).

I was a little more confused about Shadowcat being translucent, since that isn't her power at all. . .

I don't know if you saw this in the other thread, but with Loki's crotch, legs, and arms, and Vision 2.0's cape, you can make a pretty good regular/non-see through Vision (though the yellow on Vision's chest is a little dimmer than that of the cape and his extremities when you do this).

I was a littlemore confused about Shadowcat being translucent, since that isn't her power at all. . .

Yeah, but how else are they going to show her 'phasing' power? (Yes, I'm in favor of the translucent 'mates. :D)

Yeah, but how else are they going to show her 'phasing' power? (Yes, I'm in favor of the translucent 'mates. :D)

Unless she comes with legs that you can remove at the knees, there isn't much, I'll admit. I do academic research, and when criticizing someone else's research, a standard rule of thumb is that it is easy to poke holes in someone's ideas or methods, but could you do better, or do you have some constructive ideas on how to improve what has been done? If not, you shouldn't criticize. At the end of the day, I guess that should be my take on Kitty. Translucence is better than nothing.

I was a littlemore confused about Shadowcat being translucent, since that isn't her power at all. . .

It's simple: Don't. If the collector wants to use her power, he can take her arm off and stand her beside a wall or something. If the collector doesn't know her power, he can display he, showing her half invisible doesn't help show what she does, I would have though she turned invisible.

:) Then DST is accused of putting out another boring 'mate with nothing going for it but paint apps. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Boring? Kitty Pryde is anything but. She is essential to the X-Men, who else would Colossus go out with? The mate just wasn't quite right and removing invisibility would have made it accurate. I mean, it's impoissible to show phasing unless DST makes an armless minimate, so just show them normal and give Kitty a good costume for her power troubles.

a.Then DST is accused of putting out another boring 'mate with nothing going for it but paint apps. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

b.She is essential to the X-Men, who else would Colossus go out with?

c.I mean, it's impoissible to show phasing unless DST makes an armless minimate, so just show them normal and give Kitty a good costume for her power troubles.

Ok, three points I felt I needed to make:

a.I agree, DST at least tried, which is more than we can say for some of their other releases that just straight up REALLY bad. (I bought them anyway :blush: ).......

b. probably other dudes. he "came out" in some issue of ultimate x-men, (anybody else read that?)

c. the only thing i could have thought of after she was released was a including like a small suction cup you could stick into her upper torso and stick on a surface so it looks like half her body was coming through when you wanted to use that effect and then when you are done just pop it out and put her legs back on. What do you think? (yes, I have too much free time......)

In my opinion, the clear or phasing minis are creative and probably harder to design than a solid one. If you don't like clear ones, you can make them opaque, but you can't make opaque minis clear without finding new parts...

Hey, anyone who doesn't enjoy their Translucent minimates can Always contact me and I'll gladly take them off your hands ;)

The Clear mates are my absolute favorites and now Reideen1313 has given me some ides for more clear customs!

This thread has got me to thinking about the two Minimates that really should have received a regular release, and not only have received variations over regular versions, but have received wack-o variants from another reality: Black Panther and Hank Pym. I NEED these guys for my Avengers teams! I would prefer translucent Ant Man and Black Panther over zombie- and limb-less zombie food-Mates.

b. probably other dudes. he "came out" in some issue of ultimate x-men, (anybody else read that?)

Ultimate Universe is different to the regular universe, and in Astonishing X-Men Colossus was straight.

Can i get a Yup Yup for an Ionic Wonderman. :D I've been wanting that one for a while. But to get back to the topic of this thread, Vision should've been released as a full version or at the very least made phasing Vision the chase figure on that wave.