UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Save DC Minimates!

MisterPL

As was mentioned in this previous thread, DC Minimates seem to be a bit of a disappointment from Georg Brewer's point of view. As stunning as the line is to us collectors, that doesn't seem to be translating in terms of overall sales or perhaps recent pre-orders.

Personally, I'm buying them all and have been making an effort to preach to the non-converted over at DC's message board. What concerns me is that Brewer may not be aware of this community and its passion for what DCD's been offering.

I'm also worried that DC may be putting too much effort into this line at times. Case in point; I didn't really need that skull with the Grodd 'mate. It ended up just being confusing as to what the hell it's for. I'm sure that cost money to produce, money that could have just as well gone to Brewer's bottom line and wouldn't have been missed by collectors at all.

What I'm getting at is that I'd like Mr. Brewer to read our comments and I don't think he's doing that here. I know he reads the DCD board even though he doesn't participate (at least he doesn't admit to it). I'm inviting everyone to register over there and post your comments in this thread – for better or worse – if only so Brewer can see some activity in that topic beyond my own occasional reviews and a bit of banter between the usual handful of suspects.

This is a fun line and I'd like to see it go on for a loooong time. If that means costs have to come down and accessories need to be cut, let's let DCD know what we can live without. If we've got ideas about how to make the hobby more exciting, share 'em with DCD. I know that Jim Beard has asked certain questions specifically on behalf of this community (thank you, Mr. Beard!). Let's at least meet DCD halfway by making our voices heard on their own turf. I'm not asking for regular, day-to-day participation (that's what this place is for), just a surge of posts when waves are announced and released to let DCD know we're here and how much we love their product.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day!

i've already greatly minimized my DCD full-size figure purchasing [stopped it, mostly] in favor of picking up DCD Minimates. character selection is the same [even better, in some cases], and the articulation is considerably different.

i'm fine with the level of accessorization and extras, and i think it has to continue in order to provide an additional positive point for purchase/overall worth [all the help they can get, so to speak].

As was mentioned in this previous thread, DC Minimates seem to be a bit of a disappointment from Georg Brewer's point of view. As stunning as the line is to us collectors, that doesn't seem to be translating in terms of overall sales or perhaps recent pre-orders.

Personally, I'm buying them all and have been making an effort to preach to the non-converted over at DC's message board. What concerns me is that Brewer may not be aware of this community and its passion for what DCD's been offering.

I'm also worried that DC may be putting too much effort into this line at times. Case in point; I didn't really need that skull with the Grodd 'mate. It ended up just being confusing as to what the hell it's for. I'm sure that cost money to produce, money that could have just as well gone to Brewer's bottom line and wouldn't have been missed by collectors at all.

What I'm getting at is that I'd like Mr. Brewer to read our comments and I don't think he's doing that here. I know he reads the DCD board even though he doesn't participate (at least he doesn't admit to it). I'm inviting everyone to register over there and post your comments in this thread – for better or worse – if only so Brewer can see some activity in that topic beyond my own occasional reviews and a bit of banter between the usual handful of suspects.

This is a fun line and I'd like to see it go on for a loooong time. If that means costs have to come down and accessories need to be cut, let's let DCD know what we can live without. If we've got ideas about how to make the hobby more exciting, share 'em with DCD. I know that Jim Beard has asked certain questions specifically on behalf of this community (thank you, Mr. Beard!). Let's at least meet DCD halfway by making our voices heard on their own turf. I'm not asking for regular, day-to-day participation (that's what this place is for), just a surge of posts when waves are announced and released to let DCD know we're here and how much we love their product.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day!

Done and Done

First post complete

Um... this seems a bit alarmist. Not to come down on you, but DCD's been moving release dates up, which seems to suggest them adding additional waves to the release calendar. Now if we don't see or hear anything about wave 9 and beyond at Toyfair, I'll go get my pitchfork and torch and storm the gates with you. It just seems a little premature to panic because it's been a couple of slow news weeks.

Minimates are the only DCD line I don't consistently see warming the pegs at the specialty stores (Suncoast, FYE, etc) and comic book stores at which they're sold.

Is it possible the first few waves were slow going and sales have picked up? Or that Georg just isn't personally excited about block figures? DCD has always been good about giving niche products the benefit of the doubt. Pocket Heroes lasted almost four years and through a good portion of the major DCU characters, and I can't imagine Minimates, with their already-established fan base, doing worse than those.

I think registering on the DC boards and making sure they get our feedback is a great idea.

Thanks for the support, folks! It's nice to see that thread getting bumped to the top of the forum by collectors as passionate about the line as I am.

While Brewer's comment wasn't unilaterally negative, it didn't exactly fill me with warm fuzzies. I know sales are the final determining factor in a business but the DCD board is in some ways their focus group. I LOVE the diversity of the line and can't imagine a character they'd offer I wouldn't be happy to add to my collection but obviously some will be more popular than others.

That's where I think they could use our input. Keep it coming from time to time, even if you're just copying from here and pasting there. It can't hurt and it'll show the line has a larger online support than the half-dozen regular DCD posters.

You guys rock! :thumbsup:

Tried to register, took me all the way through and then told me I couldn't have 'Rad' and took me right back to the start. So sorry, I won't be joining the board, but do wish you the best of luck with your campaign.

Thanks for the support, folks! It's nice to see that thread getting bumped to the top of the forum by collectors as passionate about the line as I am.

While Brewer's comment wasn't unilaterally negative, it didn't exactly fill me with warm fuzzies. I know sales are the final determining factor in a business but the DCD board is in some ways their focus group. I LOVE the diversity of the line and can't imagine a character they'd offer I wouldn't be happy to add to my collection but obviously some will be more popular than others.

That's where I think they could use our input. Keep it coming from time to time, even if you're just copying from here and pasting there. It can't hurt and it'll show the line has a larger online support than the half-dozen regular DCD posters.

You guys rock! :thumbsup:

On the DCD board how many posts do you have to have before you can start a new thread? I ask because I'd like to add a DC Minimates visual checklist, that might entice new folks into picking up the line.

I think that photos overall go a long way towards introducing the line and in keeping the excitement level high over these figures.

dc minimates must sell just aswell as dc direct (my lcs does'nt stock dc direct as they don't sell) but the minimates sell to us mini-fans & and to the kids that like the JLU animated series & casual buyers but there's loads of life in the line

lois, clark, alfred, two-face, amazo, classic lex luthor, scarecrow, poison ivy, doomsday, alan scott, atom, martain manhunter (we really need an updated version of this, the c3 one looks a little dated stood with the newer figures) plus loads more

i think wave 9 might have some that will be in the dark knight movie, not movie version, but comic version's of movie characters.....

two-face/joker ( a new version)

scarecrow/alfred!!!!

then 4 normal dc universe figures !!!

I'll do anything for for an Aztek minimate.

He's the best DC character.

He's also my favorite.

I want a minimate of him so bad :sad:

DUDE THAT IS AWESOME!!! i thought i was the only aztek fan on the board lol and i am sighing up for the dcd message boards asap

Yes, Aztek is my most wanted DC minimate ever!

He's also my favorite DC character and superhero!

A Minimate of him would be awesome!

I'm signing up for The DCD message boards soon!

I love Aztek too. I'm also a big fan of Zauriel. Those would be two awesome mates.

As for the line itself, I think it's doing pretty good. The only thing that I wonder about is how stores like Hastings and Sam Goody will carry the Marvel and BSG mates and DC Direct products but not DCD mates.

I made a new topic post on DC Direct there to bring this up. We can't let the DC Mates die!

Here's the link for anyone whom is interested in adding their own two-cents to the attempt at keeping our favorite line going.

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread....45&tstart=0