UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fistful of Dollars boxset

This version of Clint explains why we're getting two in the first set

How does it explain it? Maybe im just not thinking about it right. I saw it as a real disappointment. Care to explain someone?

Also, what is in Clint's right hand?

In his right hand is a gun :)

if you mean what is he holding on the right side as we look at at its a steel plate that he hangs around his neck it plays a very key part in the movie so if you haven't seen the film I don't want to spoil it for you

Here's a good chance of what TGTBATU set will look like. (click thumbnails)

th_The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly-Poste.j

I'm not sure who the 4th minimate would be. It might be another Eastwood probably.

Seeing how up to this point there will be 3 different versions of TMWNN in his poncho get up (from the 2 previous sets), DST might go this route with Eastwoods look (maybe even Wallach's look).

th_tuco_blondie.jpg

This is how both appeared at the begining of TGTBATU. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Hopefully, the last "Clint" will be the lower: "long, tan coat" version; we've got more than enough "ponchos"!. I'm torn on Tuco's; the top best represents the climax, but I still would really like the minimate sombrero of the lower version (who wouldn't have fun putting sombreros on their other 'mates?!). While I don't have any images to share, two other possible variations that come to mind are: "desert-scorched Blondie" and "calvary get-up Angel Eyes". Was anyone else really wanting a smoking-pipe or smoking-pipe hand for Lee Van Cleef's characters?B)

I know that the "thing" in his LEFT hand is a metal plate, but what I was referring to was this

Fistfulofdollars.jpg

In the MMHQ pic, it's a gun in his right hand, but this one is less clear. Can anyone explain this?

Also the more I look at these Minimates, the more I want them. I was annoyed at first, but now I quite like them, plus a few simple head swaps and we have all new cowboys.

In the MMHQ pic, it's a gun in his right hand, but this one is less clear. Can anyone explain this?

It's a gun. It's the angle of the pic that's making it look weird. As for an explanation I believe this can be filed under 'foreshortening'. ;)

It's a gun. It's the angle of the pic that's making it look weird. As for an explanation I believe this can be filed under 'foreshortening'. ;)

Truly.

At least, that's the excuse I always use.

If you click the link at the DST website, it shows an alternate angle and the gun is a lot more clear (the pic is also posted at MMHQ)

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a good playset that will go with these. Like a Playmobil one or somethign similar. I want like a saloon and a sheriffs office thing for all the western minimates.

Anyone got one or any ideas?

Does anyone know of a good playset that will go with these. Like a Playmobil one or somethign similar. I want like a saloon and a sheriffs office thing for all the western minimates.

Schleich

Fence

Yee Haw

they have a whole range of stuff I know that isn't a saloon but they also have a corral and what looks like and old west home and teepees and for LotR they have Castles and Catapults and travis sheys (I have no idea how to spell the real name) but I am talking about the things like catapults but with big weighted ends. Okay done being an ingnorant United Statesian.

Schleich

Fence

Yee Haw

they have a whole range of stuff I know that isn't a saloon but they also have a corral and what looks like and old west home and teepees and for LotR they have Castles and Catapults and travis sheys (I have no idea how to spell the real name) but I am talking about the things like catapults but with big weighted ends. Okay done being an ingnorant United Statesian.

I've seen Schleich Cannons and pirate accessories as well as little smurf houses too... if you want the OK Corral to have a more.... "Mushroom-y" look.

Lego used to have old-west themed sets... It might be possible to build one up to Minimate scale, if you're willing to find the pieces or old sets you need.

I think Playmobil's scale will be too large for buildings and stuff... my son has some Pony's that might pass for Minimate horses -

You might try model railroad... G Scale is a bit big, but might be passable

And... for the record, the word is spelled Trebuchet

Has anyone gotten a notice from AFX that the For a Few Dollars More mates have shipped.

Everyone seems to have them in stock, but AFX is still showing 1-2 weeks.... they did the same w/ BTTF2.... never showed as ready to ship. I finally cancelled the order and bought from somewhere else.

Sometimes AFX is really good with stuff like the BSG and ST sets and it goes out quick. Others items it seems to take much longer (from the Diamond release date)

Has anyone gotten a notice from AFX that the For a Few Dollars More mates have shipped.

Everyone seems to have them in stock, but AFX is still showing 1-2 weeks.... they did the same w/ BTTF2.... never showed as ready to ship. I finally cancelled the order and bought from somewhere else.

Sometimes AFX is really good with stuff like the BSG and ST sets and it goes out quick. Others items it seems to take much longer (from the Diamond release date)

I have only two things to say, "cornerstore comics" and "Big Bad Toy Store", maybe "You Buy Now" honorable mention

I have only two things to say, "cornerstore comics" and "Big Bad Toy Store", maybe "You Buy Now" honorable mention

Yeah - I'm finding that AFX is only good for the stuff that they order in boatloads (BSG, ST, Marvel). Seems like everything else they order light, then hope to get more from DST if they can't fill all the pre-orders