UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

E-Spectrum 57

I hate that my Spectrum doesn't come in til much later in the day that some of you guys, you're such teases!

T.

It's a Skrull... Run! :D

Here you go Tim

"Battlestar Galactica fans will see a virtual armada of Minimates in 2008 – including the return of a very special boxed element!"

There's also something of interest to Shane in the e-spectrum.

No guarantee they'd be army builders. In fact, I'm hoping that it's not more Cylons. I'm hoping for a New Caprica boxed set. Bearded Tyrol, long hair Starbuck, Anders, gouged Tigh, maybe even an Ellen or Secretary Gaeta.

The last eSpectrum teased us about Star Trek 'Mates, too! Why must they be so cruel! (But I love it!)

Well considering they specifically use the word "armada" (a term generally used for ships), I think we can safely assume that we will finally be getting our much needed vipers and raiders. It's the last part that has me a bit puzzled. They hint at "the return", which indicates classic BSG boxset to me. However, they follow this with "special boxset", which I think could also be interpreted as the previous Cylon boxset or possibly the "Razor" 2-hour special (?). At any rate, I am so stoked about the prospect of finally getting some ships for my many pilots to man (also a practical way to beef-up my Cylon legion!); I will indeed be purchasing a "virtual armada" of these! 2008 is already looking to be another great year to be a minimate fan.

Run away screaming!

Do it NOW!

:::Flails arms wildly::: Oh noes!

Dispensing with that foppishness-there is a chance of me getting a Leoben 'mate with out having to get a custom. Rejoice and pass the tax rebates-Whoo hoo! I hope it isn't more classic Cylons though, even if the boxy hint seems to indicate that.

No guarantee they'd be army builders. In fact, I'm hoping that it's not more Cylons. I'm hoping for a New Caprica boxed set. Bearded Tyrol, long hair Starbuck, Anders, gouged Tigh, maybe even an Ellen or Secretary Gaeta.

The last eSpectrum teased us about Star Trek 'Mates, too! Why must they be so cruel! (But I love it!)

\

Was that hint about Trek the mysterious 24th century hint?

Read carefully -- they said "boxed element," not "boxset."

D'Anna Biers is the only cylon who's been "boxed" on the show...

Maybe it's a humanoid cylon set. I could do with a Cavil mate.

That's a pretty good guess... I think that is the best interpretation of the "boxed element" hint so far... there's still a couple of variants to exploit.

As for army building - if we get any of the human cylons, there's lots of army potential.... especially with all the 24 mates, as far as some generic variants of the 3's, 8's and all the rest. I picked up an extra Sharon/D'Anna set and mixed it with parts from 24 to get a unique Sharon and D'Anna