UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I am a total slackass

I created this account in late March and proceeded to totally forget doing it. I work at a computer store in the cold heart of Buffalo, NY, though I was born in (and frequently return to) Canada. Anyway, I've been collecting Minimates for a little over a year now, and it started with the sadly defunct Street Fighter line. I'm currently closing in on 200 or so. I'm missing about 13 (not counting Gold and Silver Spidey, which I have no interest in) to have the full Marvel lineup and am only missing Tactical Batman and grinning Flash on the DC side. My other obsessions are too many to list, but right now the big ones are Ween, MF DOOM, Jack Kirby and Transformers. (Please don't bring up the movie or Michael Bay. . . aside from some Galaxy Force/Car Robots guys I'm perfectly willing to pretend that Beast Machines was the last piece of fiction produced.) My dream Minimates wave would be a Fourth World collection of Mr. Miracle/Big Barda, Orion/Darkseid, Etrigan/Jason Blood, and Metron/Highfather Azaya. Either that or Street Fighter Wave 2 finally surfacing. I totally need Blanka and Ken.

Welcome indeed Mr (or Miss, Mrs, or even Ms) McBeard. Please do avail yourself of our wondrous want&have lists which is to be found nestling within the flea market section of this 'ere interweb board. Hopefully you'll be able to score yourself a fair percentage of those final 13 marvel minimates. :)

Welcome indeed Mr (or Miss, Mrs, or even Ms) McBeard. Please do avail yourself of our wondrous want&have lists which is to be found nestling within the flea market section of this 'ere interweb board. Hopefully you'll be able to score yourself a fair percentage of those final 13 marvel minimates. :)

What if it's all four at once?

Thanks, I appreciate it, but I'm dragging my feet about several of them. Like Riot Spider-Man, or Ultimate GG, characters I just don't care about. . . Thankfully the only chases I'm missing are Riot Sentry and Ultimate Cyclops no visor. I would not like to have to search for Symbiote Spider-Man again. I had Riot Spider-Man but I took his one arm to make SupaidÄman.

Really, part of it is that I wanted to pick the brains of some people who've done custom mates. For example, I ordered two of the Defenders set off AFX because I'm fairly sure with (non C3) Robin it'd be possible to remake him as he first appeared, but I'm not sure if the wings on his feet are attached to the foot or if they're a separate piece like Nightcrawler's tail. If they're attached, I'd need some advice from someone with experience before I tried to paint them, being I've done almost none since I was a teenager.

At any rate, thanks for the hospitality.

Really, part of it is that I wanted to pick the brains of some people who've done custom mates. For example, I ordered two of the Defenders set off AFX because I'm fairly sure with (non C3) Robin it'd be possible to remake him as he first appeared, but I'm not sure if the wings on his feet are attached to the foot or if they're a separate piece like Nightcrawler's tail. If they're attached, I'd need some advice from someone with experience before I tried to paint them, being I've done almost none since I was a teenager.

As of right now the wings are seperate, but the part that isn't wings is black.

Raft Sentry should be fairly easy to find. Ulti Cyke not so much but he's never been as popular as Symbiote Spidey, Black Elektra, or Stealth Iron-Man. I'm sure you'll find him soon.

You couldn't have come to a better place for custom advice. We have some amazingly talented people that post on this board.

I'm not sure if the wings on his feet are attached to the foot or if they're a separate piece like Nightcrawler's tail. If they're attached, I'd need some advice from someone with experience before I tried to paint them, being I've done almost none since I was a teenager.

A pretty close look at the Proto's at SDCC showed the wings on Namors feet to be a separate piece much like a belt but for the foot ( did that make sense?). Of course proto's are subject to change so dont hold me to that ;)

Oh and welcome(back) to the boards...

T.

My dream Minimates wave would be a Fourth World collection of Mr. Miracle/Big Barda, Orion/Darkseid, Etrigan/Jason Blood, and Metron/Highfather Azaya.

The Fourth World as a dream wave? Consider throwing in Granny Goodness and Darksaad and you've got my vote. Glad you decided to join in.

• 3 months later...