UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thread Nercomancy is bad!

vbpanizzi

What is wrong with a little necrophilia? So I bumped some old threads. I thought that was what we are supposed to do rather than start new ones. Yes I did not necessarily add anything to those threads but I thought they were funny and since I was not here when they happened I thought maybe some other of the newer poeple would get a kick out of them or even the older members would like to remember those long forgotten threads. Not attempting to be an ass I swear.

edit:title of thread changed

Danny doesn't hate you. Bumping a thread about the AA forums return is useless. I get what you were trying to do, but it wasn't very funny. Escpecially with all the anger some people get on the supposed thread messes we have.

What is wrong with a little necrophilia? So I bumped some old threads. I thought that was what we are supposed to do rather than start new ones. Yes I did not necessarily add anything to those threads but I thought they were funny and since I was not here when they happened I thought maybe some other of the newer poeple would get a kick out of them or even the older members would like to remember those long forgotten threads. Not attempting to be an ass I swear.

Perhaps creating a 'retro thread' and linking to those threads might have been a less necro way to do things.. ;)

As for Danny, I'm impressed you managed to get him to post more than one post per day...

I don't think he really hates you after all his motto is "why cant we all just get along" :D

T.

The thread I saw was dead and buried. It wasn't funny to resurrect it. It was just dumb. Zombie threads are dull

Danny doesn't hate you, though I doubt starting a thread entitled 'why does Danny hate me' will endear you to him.

3. My motto is "Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow".

That certainly fits in with your icon/avatar!

I feel I must defend myself.

1) The 4 Months Thread was funny. I actually laughed aloud reading it.

2) Who's Going Thread, my aplogies, it seemed silly to me. Maybe I should have read more of the post I admit I didn't read them all.

3) In the last few days, I have felt like a complete ass hat. I thought I was being generous and helping out and was politelyish told to shove it. I post on some old thread cause I found them and got a tickle and get slapped for it. I make a comment about said slapping and I get told I deserve it.

I love this site but it, apparently, does not love me. This is not a cry of woah is me. I do not want poeple saying nice things after this post to make me feel better. I do want constructive critisism. Tim your comment on making a thread with the links to those previous threads was exactly what I am talking about. If that had been the only post I had got after this I probably would have just deleted my original post and been done with this whole thing.

I'm done. Maybe I will be back. Again not a cry of boo hoo. I just feel, well, disappointed.

1. I don't hate you.

2. Thread necromancy is lame, don't do it!

3. My motto is "Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow".

I know I'm a day late to see this, but damn you - I now have "Brimful of Asha" stuck in my head.

There are some things that should just have stayed very, very dead.

In other news, we turned all the lights off at the front of the house and hid from the neighbour's kids. We were thinking of rigging up the hosepipe through the letterbox, but we got stuck in traffic on the way home.

Such is life,

Jo

vbpanizzi has PMed me about this, offering an olive branch, but I want to do it here as I made it a public issue.

Regarding my post (#9 on this thread). I am not editing it or removing it because in a way I would like to show that even staff have bad days and that no one is infallible (except the poster called infallible, maybe ;)).

It was wrong of me to respond in such a way and I am sorry. I apologise to vbpanizzi unreservedly. The issue of thread necromancy remains - it's still a bad thing - but to have a rant at another poster is against this messageboards policies and staff have to be aware of this at all times.