UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the fires

BrobotC

I've been keeping an eye on the news, but so far the fires are a good distance away from my town of La Mesa. I just moved to CA in August, and now I hear people talking in the grocery store about this fire or that fire in years past, or who they know who lost a house. My wife says her office is considering shutting down until the fires are under control.

It is truly some scary stuff.

I live close to UCSD so I think I may be safe for now. :crosses fingers: Three of my friends evacuated this morning and are now staying at my place, which will be fun. They just bought a house in Rancho Bernardo area so it sucks for them. It's a scary time and I hope anyone close to these fires stays safe.

I live close to UCSD so I think I may be safe for now. :crosses fingers: Three of my friends evacuated this morning and are now staying at my place, which will be fun. They just bought a house in Rancho Bernardo area so it sucks for them. It's a scary time and I hope anyone close to these fires stays safe.

ok guys stay safe...btw i didnt know u lived in the area storm....well good luck im just hoping my monster hunter doesnt burn in the post.....

dude :o about an hour ago the fire was in front of my house :o no joke,my dad went on the roof hosing the roof down so if the fire came it wouldnt get our house.i went to my aunts house and an hour later every thing was done it was scary :o oh dante,my school gave me a 28 weeks later mask too

Man that must have been scary! Sometimes I wish something exiciting would happen here, but with minimal damage. Anyone else get that feeling? Or am I just weird?

I live a mile away from Magic Mountain and on the edge of the Angeles National Forest, so my house was in the epicenter of three fires for a while. Thankfully I could only see the flames from two of them from my house. ;) We were on standby for evacuation but didn't have to leave and seem to be in the clear. My neighborhood was pretty calm about the whole thing, since this happens about every four years up in the chaparral where we live. The biggest problem was that the roads and freeways we would use to evacuate were all in the fires, so we were kinda stuck.

Since we've had the radio on 24/7 and I've heard tons of insurance commercials urging people to take photos of their posessions and compile lists, does anyone have something like this for their 'mates? Would they even be covered? Because I have somewhere around a hundred and they didn't make the cut for my family's "List of Stuff to Take" evacuation plan (my Mom's hundred hand-made scrapbooks and my Dad's thousands of baseball cards beat them out-I'm sure I inherited my collecting habit). Should I even bother keeping serious records of how much I paid for each or will I just be laughed out of the claims adjuster's office?

Omendreamer, I think you'd just have to ask your insurance agency directly about this issue. There are a billion different insurance plans available, and you can get just about anything insured, if you want to spend the money. The fact that your dad took his baseball cards tells me that your policy doesn't cover collectibles, but I can't know that for sure!

Hey Omendreamer ,I'm probably older than your dad but your parents wishes are paramount.....however..... 100+ 'mates are a)easy to carry b)important to you ....& c) hideable(is that a word?). There comes a time ....etc. If your dad's having his cards away with him, just take your 'mates,he won't know & he won't mind. I've been watching all this on TV & it's bloody awful, take care.

The fact that your dad took his baseball cards tells me that your policy doesn't cover collectibles, but I can't know that for sure!

That would be true if my Dad generally had any kind of clue about what was going on. Last time we had to evacuate, he told my Mother to "bring the green folder on the floor of my office." It turns out it contained the only complete copies of his company's financial records for the last five years-not backed up anywhere else. Not exactly something my Mom wanted to hear while the ash was raining down!

He definitely won't know if I just grab them since he's in China this month :P ! Thanks for the advice, I think I'll just bundle them up to be on the safe side. I'm nineteen and live at home at my Mother's request to help take care of my handicapped younger sister while my Dad is away on his frequent business trips, so I doubt they will be bothered if I pack them up myself rather quickly.

It's going to be as hard as fuck to swim at the regoinals on saturaday with this weather.

I hope you swim fucking better than you spell.... at the regoinals on saturaday.

Any need, BHM?

It's going to be as hard as fuck to swim at the regoinals on saturaday with this weather.

I hope you swim fucking better than you spell.... at the regoinals on saturaday.

LOL :lol: I hope I do too. I just need to drink a gallon of redbull and listen to RAMMSTEIN a lot to get pumped up

for Saturday

LOL :lol: I hope I do too. I just need to drink a gallon of redbull and listen to RAMMSTEIN a lot to get pumped up

for Saturday

Sooooo....how did you get on?