UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The time has come for action...Update 10/14

arnim zola

very cool pics samwise!!!

i love the lighting on some of them,its very cool...

care to explain?

Thanks!

Well, the two Phoenix's and the downloaded Cylon have LED lightsticks (from Wal-Mart) pointed at them. Red Dress Six is in front of my speaker tipped on its side. And the other single shots that have the blue lighting on them are from being near the speaker as well.

I try to stay away from using flash on the camera and go with regular lighting. As you can see, I take a lot of photos of all of them. My favorite part is posing them and taking pics. :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samwise... those look awesome B)

but i had a question about yer posing... it doesnt look like you are using anything to keep them up... looks like their standing (or falling) on their own... mad posing skills? or impressive illusionist?

After seeing Samewise's i had to have ago as he has the balance thing sorted to a tee now i know this is a dc one but its still action

Picture383.jpg

This one i tried with my mattel Batsignal but the flash wouldn't show

Picture382.jpg

I did in fact like that one. I ve got one in mind that you might like as well, So I need to go take it. I would have posted pics of my dc mates in action, but I dont have a good setting for them yet. I need to take a road trip for the c3 batcave, and I wanted to get some of the batman lego stuff and have all the dc stuff in the batcaves and arkahm. Even though that is not something batman would like. I had my dc mates in a different battle every week for the last month and a half while waiting for the avengers and zombies to come out. Ill post more pics too. good job everybody.

Im pretty good on balancing figures, but how the heck did you get that robin to float in the air above bane? did you photoshop that pic?

but i had a question about yer posing... it doesnt look like you are using anything to keep them up... looks like their standing (or falling) on their own... mad posing skills? or impressive illusionist?

Lol, thanks! I guess I just have mad posing skills. :tongue:

Seriously though, like Leroy said, it's all in the balance. Especially in Deathstroke's case, he only stands on a surface like that if he's turned a little to the left.

Leroy, those are great! I love seeing the other angle of Bane and Robin with Robin's grin too. :lol:

I just realized I forgot to comment on the other photos here, sorry guys.

arnim zola- LOVE the battles you have going on. Grey Hulk with the mailbox, Wonderman taking a hit to the face, Cap blocking....They're all great! ^_^

dark.collector- Very nice job with Spidey swinging from web to web. Spider-woman and Iron Man both look so natural, well done. Oddly, the one that steals the scene for me though is Superman on top of the giant cheeseburger, it's hillarious!

My balancing act Part I

Hey cool, I did something similar with Wolverine and Colossus when they came out. :)

Same. I always have them doing a Fastball Special in my battles. I would post them but my camera is really bad. Battle scenes are my favourite thing to do with my minimates. I don't have a set for them to fight on though.

Hey Arnim Zola..sorry for the delay in reply.... The sets Willy's using are the Batman mansion/cave, The Spidy 3 new Goblin lab, The FF4 Baxter Building Lab, Alien Legacy The Arrival (big building they're messing with Hulk in), The Spidy vs Venom set, the Spidy/Green Goblin Camera shop, Spidy ns Doc Ock subway car set, , the Spidy 3 Sandman Bank Heist, and various "bit's and bites" ( mmm... bbq, or cheddar) from other MegaBloks kits.

Somewhere in the PBucket shots you can see the Alien Legacy set assembled on our freezer the way it was intended, before we tore it down, and "customized it into the 2 story Minimate heart of a city block. Should get him to do specific "team" action shots in the city, but he likes to stage epic "everyone in the MU" battles even if it includes 15 Spidys, and 10 Logans... who am I to question a 9 yr old fertile imagination?!? :P

so the subway car is lego, and all the rest except the alien set, are mega bloks...I looked at the pb page but I couldnt tell what set the alien one was. Ill look again when I have time.

Im taking a road trip this wednesday to Oklahoma to pick up a c3 batcave sealed in person. Then Ill be getting the spidey 3 construction site set, and after those 2 I am going to start hunting down the older mega blok buildings.

I dont think I have done the fastball since the gsxm set came out. or if I even did it at all.

I love that cassandra cain BG. And alway, ALWAYS question the logic of a child.

All this talk of fastball specials made me want to do this with what I think is the best wolvy so far.

Picture389.jpg

What annoys me about this is that I cant get this type of balance with Legends figures LOL

All this talk of fastball specials made me want to do this with what I think is the best wolvy so far.

Picture389.jpg

What annoys me about this is that I cant get this type of balance with Legends figures LOL

That's cool.

I love that movie, but one complaint I had was the "merry-go-round" Fastball. With CG "stunt doubles" running rampant in pretty much every movie made nowadays, I was hoping for Wolvie to hop backwards onto Pete's palm (held as if he was a waiter holding a tray), and get launched that way. That's what I saw in my mind, and was kinda bummed when we got what we did. :(

As for balancing MLs, I never had a problem perching Shadowcat on Colossus' shoulder, and Wolverine's not much bigger than her...

Hey Arnim.... The "Alien Legacy: The Arrival" set is in fact MegaBloks as well...found the box in William's closet. It's well worth it if you can find it (I think I got it discount at WalMart for $20ish), and was surprised by it's size/coolness.

William keeps eyeballing the S3 Construction site Final battle set, but its $70CAD right now, so MAYBE Santa will come through. Wish the DocOck subway car came with more track, as it'd be cool to make it elevated around our "MarvelMetropolis" a la the Chicago "L". B)

Problem up here is no retailer carry 'mates any more, so William's falling behind on his sets (I think his last series was 9, and I've got the s3 set stashed away for him), and he's wanting to catch back up (x3, Avengers, zombies, he even wants the GR set), so I going to have to ramp down his Ebay ML gifts, and ramp up the ebay 'mates again I guess.