UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Out from the closet....

I joined the 'verse at the end of 2006 , shortly after buying what I decided to be my first & last Minimate,Santa Spidey! It's September 2007 now & Santa Spidey is being kept company by literally hundreds of his kin. By kin, I don't mean Aunt May or Uncle Ben , I mean hundreds of Minimates. Like a lot of others here, I'm hopelessly addicted! My first American comic (I'm English) I ever read was Avengers #20 *. It was brand new & dated September 1965. It was one of the best days of my life ! Since then I have convinced myself more than once that I've grown out of comics. What a laugh, I still love them. Comics led me to Minimates ,Minimates Central,HQ & ultimately the Multiverse,in that order. I'll apologise to a few people here that I've probably pissed off on ebay by my agressive bidding. I'm sorry ....but I have this need to feed. At least I'm open about it,I'm buttheadsmate, here & on ebay . My other collections include Ma.K,Kubricks & Palz. Palz were my first dabble at collecting & I have them all. Kubricks -I have all the Marvels ,Star Wars etc. including those uber-expensive secret chases. Ma.k -all that I can afford. I mention my collections for 2 reasons . The first is we are lucky that ,with only a few exceptions ,Minimates are affordable (& I won't start on about Target again). Some of the Kubrick secret chase prices are ridiculous. The second reason I mention my collections (& my 'mate collection is my most prized) is I still get pleasure, even now ,collecting. So ,hello & greetings from buttheadsmate . *I was 10 years old!

• 1 year later...
Don't worry Bob, I'm sure you won't be left out.

It was brand new & dated September 1965.

Wow, I never realized just how old you were.

Yep, I guess you can consider BHM our most Senior, Citizen! ;):D

Yep, I guess you can consider BHM our most Senior, Citizen! ;):D

That can be BHM's alter ego/secret identity.... Senior Citizen Man!! *fanfare* When you have all the time in the world & nowhere else to be, he'll come to your rescue! Clips coupons (but forgets them at home) faster than a speeding bullet! Drives (with his turn signal forever on) slower than molasses in January!

Just teasin', BHM! :)

I think you're safe saying what you did. He'll probably fall asleep while he's reading your post. Or maybe he'll get distracted by watching re-runs of Matlock or Murder, She Wrote.

Having said that, maybe someone should create a comic hero named Senior Citizen. I'd read it.