UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek reorders unavailible?

whoa... that... was fast....

Apparently my comic shop, (and the comic stores visited by a few friends of mine, even a few out-of-state shops) are reporting that their reorders of Star Trek Series 1 minimates have been canceled to to unavailability! The wave has even been removed from AFX (the previous order page now redirects you to the shopafx homepage) I knew Star Trek was pretty big for a lot of people... but holy crap, it's only been two weeks!

can this possibly be true? anyone else hearing similar tales of unavailability?

and... of COURSE i missed the variant dress-uniform McCoy. *grumble*

:(

I don't think these have hit the FYE/Suncoast chain. Might be worth keeping an eye open. I doubt they get direct shipments from DST - most likely they take a detour through a central warehouse and that may add 1-2 weeks.

They were rolling in the variants weeks after BSG wave 1 was out.

Oddly enough, I noticed that DST was out of stock on BSG 2 and ST 1 within a week after they appeared. Apparently they blow everything out all at once.

Good luck finding your variant - I'll let you know if I find one at my usual haunts

Don't know about reorders we've not had our initial orders over here in the UK glad i got some shipped from the states, from what i'm told theres a container/containers full off minimates on a ship makings it way across the atlantic (flying would be so much faster!!)

i appreciate the offers gang! But a friend of mine has managed to procure a complete set and has declared he doesn't want the variant (for reasons totally unknown to me) and has offered it in exchange for a small monetary donation. :)

also:

As long as they're not unavailAble.

hush you.

I don't know if they were produced in fewer numbers, but I'd say people bought multiple sets just to make more background crew members.

That's what I did with the extra Scotty the variant gave me. Made a Redshirt out of other minimate parts. I tried to get a second regular Bones and Scotty set to make another Redshirt and a Lt. Boma figure so that I could do a Galileo 7 display but all the other sets were spoken for at my LCS. These trek mates are all the rage it seems. Must be the coming movie.

This is kind of embarrassing, but that thread about preorders being cancelled got me nervous. I preordered both sets of ST minimates a couple of months ago, and don't remember from where. It was from some online retailer that didn't send an email notice when the order was placed. Anyway, I've sent emails to check to the following e-tailers -

bigbadtoystore, cornerstorecomics, scifigenre, stuckakid, alterego, youbuynow, and shopafx.com.

Am I missing the likely suspect?

This is kind of embarrassing, but that thread about preorders being cancelled got me nervous. I preordered both sets of ST minimates a couple of months ago, and don't remember from where. It was from some online retailer that didn't send an email notice when the order was placed. Anyway, I've sent emails to check to the following e-tailers -

bigbadtoystore, cornerstorecomics, scifigenre, stuckakid, alterego, youbuynow, and shopafx.com.

Am I missing the likely suspect?

You can also try TFAW.com - Online they're kind of hit or miss with minimates. I got my set from their retail store the week they came out. They still had sets on hand as of Thursday.

Toywiz.com may be a good place to try if you don't have any options - I'll warn you though, their pricing is really predatory and may be well above list for hard-to-find stuff like chase figures (think $20+).

Entertainment Earth isn't too bad, but you need to buy is case quantity

I also got an e-mail that startrek.com had them in stock (at least the non-chase sets) for $7.99 each.

Good Luck

Be very, very warry of Toywiz.com, not too many folks have had good experiences with them, myself included.

They also have a horrible Better Business Bureau rating.

Well, it turns out it was cornerstorecomics! Apparently their email confirmation went into my spam folder months ago!

They were very helpful and responded to my emails very quickly!