UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TV and movie series and boxed set polls.

TV and movie series and boxed set poll.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which TV show would you most like to see as a future minmate series?

• Lost
    • Star Trek TNG
    • Farscape
    • Battlestar Galactica (original series)
    • Heroes
  2. 2. Which movie franchise would you most like to see as a future minmate series?

• Star Wars
    • James Bond
    • Star Trek
    • Die Hard
    • Dawn of the Dead (original)
  3. 3. Which movie would you most like to see as a future minmate boxed set (4 MMs per set)?

• Kill Bill
    • Rambo
    • The Fifth Element
    • The Terminator

I would've voted for Star Wars, but there's no way we will ever get them. Even though I'd absolutley LOVE some Star Trek movie minimates (ST: II - VI please!), non-Marvel zombie minimates and 300 minimates would kick ass so I had to give them my vote.

I would've voted for Star Wars, but there's no way we will ever get them. Even though I'd absolutley LOVE some Star Trek movie minimates (ST: II - VI please!), non-Marvel zombie minimates and 300 minimates would kick ass so I had to give them my vote.

Yeah, I LOVE Star Wars, but I collect the 3.75". I just couldn't keep up with them($$$). So I think MORE ZOMBIES!!!!!

James Bond would be cool.... but there are so many Bonds, Villians, Sidekicks and Bond Women.

It would be a lot of Minimates.

Fifth Elelment had some cool characters that might translate nice

I was disappointed to hear that classic BSG was off the board.

As much as I like Trek - I'd go broke trying to keep up on all the TV series and movies

Interestingly... The most likely Movie license of those is the James Bond one.. Bond is an MGM property and we know that DST has rights to the MGM back catalog of Films....

So could it happen... Never say never...

T.

Interestingly... The most likely Movie license of those is the James Bond one.. Bond is an MGM property and we know that DST has rights to the MGM back catalog of Films....

So could it happen... Never say never...

T.

Which is partly why I voted for them! That, and I think that Bond would be perfect for 4 pc. box-sets if they assigned one box for each movie or at least per version of James. Bond, love-interest, Villan, and Henchman for example of formula. Star Wars, while awesome, would be incredibly difficult (and expensive) to acquire and there are just too many characters; leave'm to the other companies.

I went with Battlestar Galactica (TOS) for the T.V. choice simply because I still feel like DST owes them to us (along with mini-flyers!!) after showing the concept art and proto.s oh so long ago. That, and I still maintain that box-sets are the best venue for this lisence as I doubt it could carry a normal series for more than 2-3 waves; leave these to the new BSG. Colonial Warriors: Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, and Boomer (Col. Tigh if 5 is possible). Cylon Empire: Imperious Leader, Baltar, Lucifer, and Cylon Centurian (Gold commander if 5 is possible). I'd still like: Col. Cain/ Sheba, Boxy/ Muffit, Cassiopeia/ Athena, and Ovion Warrior/ Nomen (exclusives?) but would be content with just the box-sets and mini-flyers (Viper and Raider).

*I'd still like to throw Doctor Who into the ring for T.V. series nominations, as it has a long-history, rich-characters that would translate beautifully in Minimate form, and...because it's just simply awesome and fun!

I chose 300 for future movie box-set simply because there would be some great customizing-parts and the thought of some "mini-ac" literally army-building a legion of 300 is something that I'm just sick enough to want to see!!

I went with Classic BSG, Star Wars and 300. Maybe I should have gone with Star Trek, because I want a TWOK Khan. The rest of the figures may be a little boring though, since they'd all essentially have the same body.

I also would love Doctor Who Minimates. Although, other than the Cyber-men and a couple of others, I'm not too sure how the villains would turn out. Most would involve a lot of sculpted parts, or, in the case of the Daleks, getting rid of the "classic" Minimate body. Not that that would really be a problem, they could make a line just out of the different versions the Doctor and his companions :thumbsup:

I just finished my Snake Plisskin custom(Sorry haven't got my digital camera working yet-so no pic).

hair:Baltar(the hair made this mate)

head:patch Wolverine(with sharpie stubble)

torso:Wildcat

arms:X3 Juggernaut

legs:Ocean Master(or any gray legs);addcamo

feet: any black

Looks sweet. So.................. I WANT ESCAPE FROM N.Y./ESCAPE FROM L.A. Movie mates :biggrin: :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
i'd like an A-Team box set, the main 4 with some random hot chick from the show

:thumbsup:

A-Team would be awesome. I would totally buy that.

Other's I'd love to see;

Ghostbusters - Top Of My List

Hitman (from game and new movie)

Stargate Sg:1 (DST already has licence)

Buck Rogers 21st Century

A Dawn of the Dead set is a brilliant idea! Though I would actually suggest a "Dead" 2-pack anthology series, with Ben and zombie, Barbara and zombie, Flyboy zombie and Peter, Bub and Sarah, etc. Next to Big Lebowski or Miller's Crossing Minimates, that would be an absolute dream come true for me.

Now that I see MartyCC's post, a Ghostbusters set would be even more awesome. . .