UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So I was thinkin'...

I was laying here in bed, and the idea hit me.

Box set.

Civil War 'mates?

I say FUCK YEAH.

What would they be? Glad you asked. Maybe. You probably didn't.

CW Captain America, CW Iron Man, Iron Spidey, Speedball, Nitro.

And oh yes...

CW Green Goblin, Venom 3, Penance, Songbird, Radioactive Man.

Thoughts on any other box sets that need to be made?

speedball and nitro before other characters of great importance isnt too likey...But if they did do it, what would you want to see in the civil war cap? The new avengers cap is on my display b/c of his details, my only problem is him smiling all the time. and when I do a head swap, the frowning head is too loose on the cap body.

How about black goliath and robo thor? with special holy variant?

A boxed set - maybe with a book flap cover showing artwork from the miniseries - isn't a bad idea. Trouble would be picking a miniseries that is popular, like Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns (a Miller-ized, one armed Green Arrow would be ok) as opposed to something that was a miniseries just to take up space on the rack, such as Secret Wars 2 or Identitiy Disc.

Civil War, Planet Hulk, Identity Crisis, Countdown, etc are all good suggestions IF they were released while the books/storylines were ongoing. Unfortunately based on DST/AA's track record of getting things out to support movie properties, I can't imagine them trying to hit release dates timed to coincide with comic book events.

I believe we've asked Chuck about this in the past. He said that the time it takes to come up with a line-up, get it approved, tool the parts, get the actual figures approved, then produce them and ship them takes longer than most events last, making it hard to do something current.

Defenders II box set

Nighthawk

Son of Satan

Hell Cat

Namor varient in green trunks with Trident

I'm still holding out hope for a Young Avengers wave

Patriot/Iron Lad

Stature/Hawkeye

Asgardian/Hulkling

With Asgardian's brother <whose name escapes me> as the varient.

Still holding out hope for a House of M box set...

It could be virtually done by just applying new paint jobs to old figures.

I'd love to see an "old Guy" Captain America though.

And we could all do with another set of Wolverine & Spiderman variants!!! :yes:

speedball and nitro before other characters of great importance isnt too likey...But if they did do it, what would you want to see in the civil war cap? The new avengers cap is on my display b/c of his details, my only problem is him smiling all the time. and when I do a head swap, the frowning head is too loose on the cap body.

How about black goliath and robo thor? with special holy variant?

For a Civil War Cap, a different face and chest detail showing some slight muscle, like Torment Spidey, and Golden Age Flash's boot things.

I love my giant size x-men set and the box art is gorgeous. It even has art of the original 5 xmen in old costumes as mates. Id like to see that done after looking at the art for years now. I have always though box sets were a great idea, having popular characters mixed with obscure ones to help fill out the collection. Ive always thought it was crazy for art asylum to not do more box sets. Hope fully the marvel zombies set sells out and they do more boxes, like a ZOMBIE FANTASTIC FOUR!!!! You cant have zombie mates without the four who started the book.

As Marvel Zombie indicates, fad waves/boxes are possible but they have to have staying power and Civil War/House of M IMO don't have it, at least on the level of Zombies strangely seems to.

i would like an ultimate avengers wave

thor/captian america

iron man/hulk*

giant man/wasp

*variant:bruce banner

I have been after this for so long! Some people have made customs of these. Not sure who but one lot I saw were brilliant.

As Marvel Zombie indicates, fad waves/boxes are possible but they have to have staying power and Civil War/House of M IMO don't have it, at least on the level of Zombies strangely seems to.

I agree! These things need to be put out quickly, like movie mates. Besides when was "Zombies" put out? Like 1 1/2 year ago? Been a while even for zombies.

• 2 weeks later...

Age of Apocolypse i know it was from forever ago but hey blink and morph and Victor Creed are still running around in exiles... my choice for the box set would be:

Sunfire

Blink

Morph

X-man

Apocolypse

Mr. Sinister

what would work would be:

Weapon X

Blink

Magneto

Sabretooth

Sunfire