UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Storing/Displaying Minimates

hyejinx1984

I went to six, count that, SIX different stores today that specialize in crafts or office supplies and I could not find a single decently sized plastic tray or display case with several compartments that are the right dimensions for a minimate to stand inside. You'd think that would be the easiest thing in the world, but I looked and looked. I know there's another thread here with people showing their minimates in these kind of plastic containers, to add to my frustration, I now can't FIND that thread, so if someone could tell me where you people BUY these things, please let me know. I wish AA would just release a multi-compartment display case for minimates already, everybody wants it. ARRGH!!! Waste of my morning!

*digests*

OK, I kinda want what you're doing here:

DSC03609.JPG

DSC03621.JPG

DSC03622.JPG

except, I want mine to lay flat not be a standing display, so I can stack multiples on top of each other. And I need it to be 11x11 inches so it fits in a specific place in my room. Uh, if I can't find something like that I swear I'm gonna get a costum one made... but where do you get costum little plastic storage containers??? *suppresses hulking out*

*digests*

except, I want mine to lay flat not be a standing display, so I can stack multiples on top of each other. And I need it to be 11x11 inches so it fits in a specific place in my room. Uh, if I can't find something like that I swear I'm gonna get a costum one made... but where do you get costum little plastic storage containers??? *suppresses hulking out*

Do you have a "container store" near you? They have some nice boxes that have about the same size compartments as the cases I have but on a much smaller scale.

The other thing to look at are fishing tackle boxes as they seem to work well for minimates, not the prettiest of display options but small and usually stackable.

T.

*digests*

Do you have a "container store" near you? They have some nice boxes that have about the same size compartments as the cases I have but on a much smaller scale.

The other thing to look at are fishing tackle boxes as they seem to work well for minimates, not the prettiest of display options but small and usually stackable.

T.

Fishing tackle boxes work great. I use them for my extras and it keeps things nice & organized. Another option would be something like this storage chest. It has multiple drawers and you can stack one chest on top of another to expand your storage options.

I'm a bit embarrassed now... zip lock baggies and shoe boxes hold my collection. I've moved a couple times in the last few years so I have been hesitant to get into a big display but those tackle box stackable things may fit me just perfect.. Looks like I'll be hitting Sears soon. This forum rules.

Vox

I'm a bit embarrassed now... zip lock baggies and shoe boxes hold my collection. I've moved a couple times in the last few years so I have been hesitant to get into a big display but those tackle box stackable things may fit me just perfect.. Looks like I'll be hitting Sears soon. This forum rules.

Vox

Not to worry I keep mine in soup containers. they have a nice closing lid that snaps shut.

but back on the subject. why not try a spice rack from bed bath and beyond. surprisingly they work pretty well and are not to expensive.