drgnrbrn316's 198+ Customs

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

With Civil War being delayed, I felt it only fitting to delay my own Civil War to debut my own Astonishing X-Men team. I tried to make them look as close to their current look as possible, which means I've made the first depowered Cyclops.

Next time: Civil War gets back on track, individual shots of the Astonishing X-Men team, and more.

damn cewl mask on wolvie :D

ive seen it alot before but u are selling those arent u?

how much would it cost for a astonishing wolvie set(with mask?)

damn cewl mask on wolvie :D

ive seen it alot before but u are selling those arent u?

how much would it cost for a astonishing wolvie set(with mask?)

That's a tough question, actually. You have to figure in a couple factors. One, the cheapest Astonishing Wolverine figure I can nab would be at Target for US$5.99 plus tax. Then, I have to acquire a mask. Latest masked Wolverine released is the long gone Giant-Sized Wolvie, which would retail at around the same price as the Wolvie/Colossus set. Considering some of the figures would go towards filling my parts bin, there'd be a discount in there somewhere, but to be honest, I don't think I could do the whole package for less than $6. Option 2 would be a similar deal that I made with Logan. Send me a mask and I'll send you an Astonishing mask in return. (As an aside, Logan, I had to replace the mask I made for you due to those mailing woes, so you should be seeing it in the mail soon) Option 2 would require you to buy your own parts and I paint them free of charge. Either choice you take, I can offer declawed hands to match your figure at no additional cost.

One final disclaimer. Seeing as I have to mix the paint for both Astonishing Blue and Astonishing Orange, I cannot guarantee that they will be a 100% perfect match to the official paint, but the difference would be hardly noticeable. The mask for my Wolvie has been repainted three times, with each time getting closer and closer to perfect. In addition, with any mask I make, I offer a couple options. You can go with the blue/orange paint scheme, or the similarly popular black/orange variation. Finally, due to recent trouble with the mailroom at my office, I cannot guarantee just how timely delivery will be. Patience may be a virtue.

With all that information, if you're still interested in your own Astonishing Wolverine enhancement, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll try to get back to you in a timely manner with price or suitable trade suggestions.

Very nice all around. Your multi-scale Yellowjacket makes me wish the size limitations were not in place on the Marvel line, but also makes me look forward to the DC line all the more. The varied sizing just adds so much to the scheme of a mini-universe.

Very nice all around. Your multi-scale Yellowjacket makes me wish the size limitations were not in place on the Marvel line, but also makes me look forward to the DC line all the more. The varied sizing just adds so much to the scheme of a mini-universe.

couldn't agree more!, great work on yellowjacket :thumbsup:

Update:

Ripped from the pages of Civil War: Choosing Sides, it's none other than Howard T. Duck and the peanut to his butter, Bev. Howard is possibly the first 1.5" minimate with 14 points of articulation in existence, though I have a few more characters in mind, now that I've figured out how to achieve the slightly shorter characters.

For more information on this pairing, and links to other Civil War customs, check out the front page of this thread.

Oh, perfect! How do you make shorter characters?? I have this one guy who is "small in size and stature", but I was just going to ignore it, due to the difficulty. But if there really is a way than I'm all ears! Thanks Dragon.

Great customs, by the way. :P

Howard is possibly the first 1.5" minimate in existence,

http://www.geocities.com/thatbloketimbo/Franklin.jpg

From March 2005 ;), :teehee: That'll teach you to try to vote me off the island :teehee:

T.

Mine's more articulate. :whistling: But point taken. I'll give you title of first 1.5" if you let me take first articulate 1.5".

And how was I to know that you had the immunity idol? :teehee:

But as far as how I did it, it was quite simple (well, not really, as all the cutting was a pain in the backside). I took a couple arms and a couple legs and first cut just above the elbow/knee joint. Then, I cut just below the socket and discarded the plastic that was there. A strong super glue was used to reattach the socket to the rest of the limb. Then, I made a cut about midway between the elbow/knee joint and the bottom of the arm/leg. Legs are very hard to cut through, it seems. Sanding off a few millimeters from the bottom would also work just as well. Once all that is done, you should have a minimate that is smaller in stature. At present, I can think of no way to trim down the upper/lower torsos or the head to be in better scale to the new arms and legs, so the figure may come off as a little dwarfish. Just make sure to give your glue ample time to do its work, and you may want to throw on a little extra coat after it dries. A lot of pressure is going to be put on those cuts when trying to move the limbs. Also, you'll likely have to snip off part of the pegs for the hands and feet to fit the more shallow holes in the arms/legs. Make sure to pick some that had a snug fit before the alterations, as it makes them stay much better after the minor changes.