UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

It's just a rumour

DocVicVonDoom

I have heard a rumour through my LCS that Bruce Timm's Batman Beyond Universe is being incorporated into the DCU proper, I'm not yet sure of the veracity of this, nor what form it might take. (Be it one of the 52 universes created as a result of Infinite Crisis and 52 or whether it is legitimately Batman's actual future) The point of this is (and not to raise any hopes) if this true, there might be legitimate potential in the future that Batman Beyond minimates could feesably come out in future lines. I'm curious as to how they might be recieved and who better to ask than the most knowledgable collectors of minimates, the patrons and caretakers of the good ole MMMV. Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis), Old Bruce, Blight, Shreik, Inque, Curare, The New Royal Flush Gang, The Jokerz (The better version from Return of the Joker and the JLU episode Once and Future Thing Part II) are all great designs in my opinion, and this rumour allows me to dare to hope that it might be a possibility, and for all those who are skeptical that they might not be popular enough to be made into minimates:

Ambush Bug & Ma Hunkel

Thoughts? Opinions? Wanna tell me to shut up?

I'd buy em. I think Alec Ross did a thing featuring the Batman Beyond suit. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's a useless bit of trivia fact fans. Batman Beyond was called Batman of the Future in the UK. No, we don't know why either. Yes, yes as a title it did suck.

Batman Beyond has already appeared in the DCU proper. He was in an issue of Superman & Batman a couple of years back (during the Bizarro/Batzarro storyline). They were jumping around different timelines and Batman Beyond appeared. At this point, with all the multiple earths they've brought back BB is part of regular DCU continuity as far as I'm concerned. (If Superboy can punch a hole in reality and bring back Jason Todd, why not Terry McGinnis?)

After the last Crisis, Batman Beyond hasn't been shown as one of the fifty two worlds or as a potential future. So I don't think it's part of continuity anymore.

Only a handful of the 52 were shown, so it could be. Personally, I hope the DCAU becomes formally inducted as one of the 52 (which would include Batman Beyond).

After the last Crisis, Batman Beyond hasn't been shown as one of the fifty two worlds or as a potential future. So I don't think it's part of continuity anymore.

I haven't been following along, what are DC's 52 new worlds? Is this a temporary thing or is the Multiverse truly back?

Batman Beyond has already appeared in the DCU proper. He was in an issue of Superman & Batman a couple of years back (during the Bizarro/Batzarro storyline). They were jumping around different timelines and Batman Beyond appeared. At this point, with all the multiple earths they've brought back BB is part of regular DCU continuity as far as I'm concerned. (If Superboy can punch a hole in reality and bring back Jason Todd, why not Terry McGinnis?)

Well, I don't know if realities created by Mr. Mxyzptlk and the Joker can be considered part of the DCU propper. Besides, I think we might have to see what happens to Damian after Ra's Al Ghul returns.

I haven't been following along, what are DC's 52 new worlds? Is this a temporary thing or is the Multiverse truly back?

They haven't all been established yet but the Multiverse is definitely back. At least until Final Crisis, that is.

Always loved Batman Beyond and recently bought the action figure that came out in a Batman/Superman Wave. It was the one exception to my "only minimates" rule. I would love if Batman Beyond was one of the 52 and we could get some figures. Great topic and I officially have my hopes up.

Always loved Batman Beyond and recently bought the action figure that came out in a Batman/Superman Wave. It was the one exception to my "only minimates" rule. I would love if Batman Beyond was one of the 52 and we could get some figures. Great topic and I officially have my hopes up.

Did you notice that they mention that he's Tim Drake in the bio on the back of the card?

Did you notice that they mention that he's Tim Drake in the bio on the back of the card?

No, I didn't notice that. Hmmm, I'll have to go back and take a look. Thanks.

I'm all for adding the Batman Beyond characters to the DCU, my only question is what they'd do with Terry McGinnis. The current Bat books have clearly set up Tim Drake as Batman's successor, over even Nightwing who wants the post. I'm curious what they'd do with the Terry character, if he'd be changed or if he'd be set up in a role to conflict with Tim Drake.

well, I love batman beyond (or of the future) and minimates would be great. I know they made kubricks of terry and blight but minimates of them would rule.

I think one of batman beyond/Terry, old Bruce, Blight and the future Joker would be awesome.

Lets hope AA puts them in :lol:

Thinking about it a batman minimate would be pretty easy- the battle mask from the C3 batcave looks alot like terrys mask.

JAG2045