UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Box-Sets?

Vigilante

Do you think that DCD will make DC Minimates box-sets? Seeing as Marvel has these, it is possible that we'll be seeing them eventually. Also, if they were to make them, what type of set would you like (4 packs with a hidden figure, 5-packs, 4-packs, 10-packs, etc.), and who would you want in them?

Patriot

Well DCD does release box sets of their figures from time to time, but they tend to be repaints of already released ones, with one or two new/kitbashed ones thrown in.

IMO Pocket Heroes is the most recent/similar line that DCD offered.. and thus far there are already some trends that seem to be spilling over into DCMinis.. (Pairing some of the same heroes in 2-packs)

Pocket Heroes did at least 4 box sets that I know of (plus a JLA table and chairs set) that repeated some characters but also offered new characters that went with the theme..

Batman Boxed set added Alfred and two face along with others you would expect

Superman Boxed Set included Lois and Jimmy et al

Green Lantern Boxed Set gave a unique version of Kyle, Hal Parallax, Yellow Ring Guy Gardner, Jade etc

JLA Box set was pretty much typical versions of the JLA

Anyway, the main line was 2 packs of pocket size DC heroes hitting ALL OVER the DCU just like the current DCMini line seems to be doing so.. Box Sets may be a long shot.. but I really wouldn't be too surprised if we saw something eventually. I think it would be great just to get some more rare characters like Lois, Jade, Alfred and such.

My 2 Cents.

Vox

P.S. Pocket Heroes also did several Legion of Super-Heroes 2 packs.. I wonder if we might start seeing these work their way in to the waves....

To be honest I have use the Pocket hours line as a lvl to guess at what the next DC mini's will be packed together as the PH line two packs work well together.

If I had to pick one boxset out of the blue that I would like to see mini'd it would have to be a classic Uncle Sam and Freedom Fighters pack :ohmy:

they might do something like wizkids did with heroclix and do the legion of superheroes, or a collection of green lanterns for a set. Im new to the dc verse so I couldnt think of any storylines that would be good for sets, except alex ross' JUSTICE or the watchmen.

I'd like to see two boxsets for Kack Kirby's The Fourth World.

The first set would include Orion, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Light Ray, and Highfather. The second set would feature Darkseid, Desaad, Kalibak, Granny Goodness, and a Parademon. Both sets should be accessory-heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that just about every series so far includes characters who lend themselves pretty well to boxed set variants. Check it out:

Series 1:

Hal Jordan Green Lantern = GL Corps Boxed Set w/ Hal in classic GL costume variant

OMAC = Infinite Crisis Army Builder Boxed Set

Series 2:

Penguin = Classic Batman Rogues Gallery Boxed Set w/ Penguin in pin-striped suit

Dr. Fate = Golden Age JSA Boxed Set w/ GA Fate variant

Series 3:

Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman = JLA Founding Members Boxed Set with costume variants

Series 4:

Flash, Wildcat, and Spectre = Golden Age JSA Boxed Set w/ GA Fate, GA Flash, GA Wildcat and glow-in-the-dark Spectre variant

Series 5:

Captain Marvel & Mary Marvel = Modern Age SHAZAM! Family Boxed Set with white costume variants

Series 7:

Flash = JLA Founding Members Boxed Set with costume variant

Clayface = Classic Batman Rogues Gallery Boxed Set w/ Penguin in pin-striped suit and new Clayface accessories/deco

Series 8:

Cyborg & Raven = New Teen Titans Boxed Set w/ gold Cyborg and white Raven costume variants

Sinestro = GL Corps Boxed Set w/ Hal and Sinestro in classic GL costume variants

Just some thoughts.

I fully expect to see a few box-sets; DCD is notorious for them. As far as what, I think their past offerings offer a decent insight as to what types they might do for the Minimate line (first appearance, specific teams/eras, classic story-arcs, etc.). I completely trust their decision-making skills and will eagerly buy any and all that they offer.

*These would be an excellent opportunity to include characters like Alfred, Comm. Gordon, and others, as well as variants (black/blue Batgirl, etc.) or rehashes of C3 that some might have missed.

Based on what I have seen, if I were working at DC Direct, this is what I would put out:

Team set: JLA: Superman, Batman, WW, Flash (Barry Allen), Hal Green Lantern, Aquaman, J'onn J'onz. Most of these exist already, so it would be kind of sucky, but we could get a Barry Allen 'mate, and J'Onn J'onz in the DCD style.

(BONUS: they could throw in little tree arm and leg accessories so you can start to turn the figures into their appearance in their first case, the one against the Appellaxians)

JSA: (classic): Flash, Green Lantern, Spectre, Ma Hunkel, Hourman, Hawkman, Sandman, Atom (the first appearance!)

or, the current: Green Lantern, Dr Midnight, Hourman, Liberty Belle . . . egads, now that I think of it, who would be in a "current" boxed set??? The current JSA is huge. the new Mr Terriffic would be a must, though.

Classic Teen Titans, New Teen Titans

or, Character-centric boxed set, a la the Pocket heroes:

I would initially go with Flash, Superman, and Batman, because from what I heard with JLU figures, these seem to be the best sellers:

Batman: Batman, Alfred, Gordon, Two Face, classic Catwoman, Robin

Flash: Flash, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Trickster, Pied Piper

Superman: Sups, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Business Lex or 70's Superfriends Lex, Silver Age Brainiac

others:

Green Lantern: Hal, Alan Scott, Kyle Rayner, John stewart, Ganthet, Parallax

Shazam! (DC seems to be going through a Shazam renaissance, what with the DCD figures, Trials, the Jeff Smith book, etc): Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr, Black Adam, Sivana, Tawky Tawny