UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Penny Arcade Minimates

Don't know if many people here read Penny Arcade

But they have a merchandise survey up:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=975362309828

One of the checkboxes is for "Kubricks", so they are obviously looking into block figures, so I selected "other" and advised Minimates as opposed to Kubricks... worth a shot methinks...

I'd definitely buy PA Minimates. With the size of their viewing audience, I think a 5000 piece run would probably sell through. (But then again AFX still has Elven Warriors and Elronds up the ho-ha.)

Hmm, what would a Minimate Fruit Fucker look like? :D

What is Penny Arcade?

Seriously. The first time I ever hear of it was last week when Ady (or was it Andy?) mentioned it. I went into my LCS on Saturday and they had a trade of it on the shelf but I don't know what it is.

Enlighten me do! :)

What is Penny Arcade?

Seriously. The first time I ever hear of it was last week when Ady (or was it Andy?) mentioned it. I went into my LCS on Saturday and they had a trade of it on the shelf but I don't know what it is.

Enlighten me do! :)

Its a web comic, mainly gaming/techie/geek related, its superb stuff.

Oddly I got my trade from Abstract Sprocket as it was the only UK place I've ever seen it

I'll be sure to let them know that next time I see them. :)

They're always chuffed to hear stuff like that.

After the UK meetup I got it from them, after years of searching and also picked up a pair of Miniflyers.

'twas a nice shop.

Aye Ady basically shoulder charged me out of the way and ran for the till.

He said outside the shop that he'd bought some Mini-Flyers and I was like "They had Mini Flyers? I never saw them!"

I know it's not the custom forum, but something I came up with in a spare half-hour after reading this thread, and coincidently finishing the first Trade Paperback. I love this strip!

And before anyoneasks (since someone who saw me making these already did...) I figure Tycho's eyebrows would actually be sculpted onto the hairpiece, and Gabes would be printed on the face.

tycho-penny-arcade.jpg

gabe-penny-arcade.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A long time back, some guys involved with PA were on the Palisades Toys message boards, getting a feel for producing figures. So at least it seems that they are interested.

They have such a devoted fanbase, that they would sell very well. Even I want a Cardboard Tube Samurai figure!